Author Topic: Henry's Lake  (Read 14606 times)

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
Henry's Lake
« on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:43 AM »
Does anyone know if there is ice or adivce?  I am wanting to sneak over there before the lake closes for the year Dec 1st.  The fly fisherman shouldn't be the only ones who get to haul in the monters that live there.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Henry's Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:48 PM »
just came out i guess. extended the season one month longer next year!

In Henrys Lake, a month-long ice-fishing season, which closes November 30, will be extended through January 1, 2012 for the 2011/2012 fishing season

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010, 11:53 PM »
that's good news!  how about this year? anyone?

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:39 AM »
Haven't heard a d$&# thing.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Does not apply to this year.

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2010, 10:24 AM »
ninja stealth ice fishing in the cover of darkness...
don't get caught.
good luck.
Hey Charlie, the kid's got one on over here...

Offline Windriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2010, 11:37 PM »
I walked on water today.  The ice is about 3" it looks like pretty good ice in most places.  My son and I only fished for a couple of hours.  Caught 9 fish.  Biggest 24 1/2" Hybrid.  All fish were caught on a white or chartruse paddle bug.

Windriver

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2010, 12:13 AM »
Great to hear the news about Henry's!!!!  Next year, if the roads are descent, I will make the 8 hr. drive...  MONSTERS, absolute monsters in that lake!

Jim

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Does not apply to this year.
But the big kicker is you can fish it on this coming New Years Day but that day only until opening day in May. There was an article about it in the Idaho Falls Post Register. My Dad told me about it and I said that can't be true but I read the article and its true you can fish Henry's on January 1, 2011 but just that day only until the Memorial Day opener.

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2010, 09:58 PM »
who has fished up at henerys lake over the weekend whats the ice like and what types of fish you catching and how big thanks guys  I'm heading up tuesday last day its opened i heard its opened for 1 day jan 1st is this true just for the day?
Fish Slayer

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Been up there the last 2 days and will be going tomorrow and Tuesday as well. It has been good really close to the edges in shallow water. Been catching anything from brookies up to 20' and cuts up to 26". Ice has been 3-6" depending on where you go. And yes you will be able to fish it January 1st but just for that day until Memorial Day weekend.

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:37 AM »
Taking off to Henry's lake Tuesday morning talked to some guys at sportsmans warehouse yesterday that said a whole group of guys where catching big fish around staley springs using fire corn fishing close to the bank on ice
Fish Slayer

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I fished it today and caught 6 and my buddy caught 10 . 19" Cutthrought was the biggest . Had a blast . Parked in the Hatchery Parking lot . Fish are still shallow .  Very little snow on the ice . My buddy lost a couple of nice ones at the hole .Curt G
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Fished Staley springs today caught 9 biggest was a 25" hybrid and the highlight was a 21" Brookie that about kicked my @#$. Great final day of the 2010 season!!!!

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Great job!!!!  ...I am so jealous!

Jim

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Is anyone going to be there January 1 . I am going to try and make it and it would be nice to meet some of the members of Ice shanty . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I'll be there Curt. Should be close to Staley again or South of the county boat dock. Let's just hope it doesn't snow much more or its easy to get on the ice!

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:35 PM »
When the time gets closer I post to see how many of us will be up that way . I plan on fishing as close to Staleys as possable that seems like where they are getting the bigger fish . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ice Hole Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:58 AM »
I'm new to Ice Shanty, but I'm becoming an avid Ice Fisherman. I've been reading all your guys' posts for SE Idaho. I too was up at Henry's a couple times, mostly just fished near the County Boat Docks. The first time I was up there the day after Thanksgiving I caught 19 fish in about 3 hours of fishing, it was awesome, the biggest was only around 20" though. I was also fishing there on the last day, caught 9-10 within 3 or 4 hours, but caught a nice 23" hybrid and a 22" Cutt. Tons of fun.

I typically like to use a glow in the dark tube jug tipped with a meal worm, but I'm open for any tips and suggestions. How far is Staley from the boat docks?

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Staley is not far but be careful there are a lot of springs in that area and the ice tends to be thin around them.

Offline Ice Hole Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2010, 11:13 AM »
It's pretty close, but is it north or south? Best accessed from road? I appreciate the info.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:07 PM »
It's about a half mile north and best accessed from the main road. It's probrably only 200-300 yards to get on the ice from the road.

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2010, 08:21 PM »
henerys is open january 1st 2011 for new years day just for the day i called the idaho falls fish and game office today to make sure and its a go make sure to have your 2011 fishing lis? fish cops will be out in full force up there
Fish Slayer

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2010, 03:31 PM »
If you don't have a hut or a shelter you may want to find one or find someone who has one to go with. It's gonna be cold. The NWS is calling for night time lows New Years Eve to be 15 below to 30 below and highs New Years Day 0-10 above.

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Yikes!! I've been ice fishing in cold weather before but not -15. is it even realistic to try to fish without a hut when its that cold?
sick days are for fishing!

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Yikes!! I've been ice fishing in cold weather before but not -15. is it even realistic to try to fish without a hut when its that cold?
Yeah it is. Ive fished in 25 below a few times without a hut. You just have to come prepared and clean your hole out all the time.

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:57 PM »
thanks, I guess i'll be up there then.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Anyone heard any conditions about Henry's? I heard the bays were starting to cap over last weekend but have not heard anything lately. With these cold temps it should be close in a couples weeks or so!

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 08, 2011, 08:07 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet either but I sure am curious.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Nov 08, 2011, 11:48 PM »
I am headed up to fish off the bank tomorrow and Thursday when I get back I will post an ice report . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.