Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615202 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17700 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   32* with a wintry mix falling, changing over to snow by afternoon, 1-3” possible.

Jeff...pretty slow day yesterday on my watch also. Sat from 6-10:30 only a few squirrels, birds. Took care of my dump run and had lunch, back in by 1:30 until legal hours were up, not a tail.  Very few hunters out yesterday, seems to be less and less each year around the area I hunt. Counted 3 shots fired for the day, nothing close. Still have until Dec.8th...best of luck if heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally... hope the team did well yesterday and scratched 2 more in the win column! Best of luck to your grandson in the shootout today!   :thumbsup:
  H2...the hat didn’t perform the luck I had hoped for yesterday, lol, but it’s going to get a few more chances!  ;)2  Good luck today with the hunting and hope the hat helps!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that wet heavy snow is never good, hope your back is feeling better today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...congratulation s to the Cornwall team, hope they can seal the deal in the state championship!  :clap:   The block work is inside the parking garage underneath the Concourse area, at least we’re out of the elements and it stays above freezing.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...sorry to read the new meds aren’t helping with the headaches and pains, hopefully they can prescribe something better, best wishes. Sounds like you and your wife had a very nice evening out!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...have you been working on the shed? 
  Capt.J....hope your schedule is on track with the AC job!   :thumbsup:

Not much to share here with the hunting, seems to be one of those years so far. Going to take a pass on hunting this morning, having breakfast with my Mom and some family members. I put a light coat of vaseline on my rifle last evening just in case I get the urge to try again this afternoon...will see what happens with the snow.
  The boys were working yesterday, but guessing they’ll probably get out today regardless of the weather.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Jeff...wow, congratulations to your son and buddy on their bucks, beautiful!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope that yours is the next picture we see today....best of luck! 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17701 on: Nov 24, 2019, 06:35 AM »
32* and light rain. It started out as snow as we have almost an inch on the ground.

Ice-45 sounds like a nice time was had at dinner.

Mr. Clean, good luck to the football team. It would be quite an honor to win the states.

WW, hope you enjoyed the games yesterday.

IW, Congrats to the hunters. Both very nice bucks. There is more snow on the ground where they are hunting than what I have over this way. A lot of ours has melted and that which is left is very noisy.

I hunted 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours is the afternoon. No deer in the woods but saw a few along the road. I also think they are doing much of their moving during the night.

Eddie, I am not going to use the HAT until you are done testing it out. I am not sure about it working in 2019, being it is a 2020 hat....lol

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17702 on: Nov 24, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Looks like a snow storm may be heading our way midweek, until then fairly mild.

IW Congrats to 3#.What a beautiful deer. :clap: :clap:

WW hope you are enjoy yourself at the games. Safe travels when heading it back :thumbsup:

Eddie sorry to read the hunting was slow. Hope your next time out offers up some action :thumbsup: I did actually spend a couple hours on the shed. It's old and twisted, going to be a project ??? I just have to keep telling myself it is old and will never look new again.

h2l hope the deer start appearing in the light of day :thumbsup:

Yesterday was the start of the WI rifle season, it's a 9 day Holiday in the land of cheese. We went over Friday morning and just hung out until noon on Saturday. There was some shooting but all in all fairly quiet. I had a few things to grab from my season, which was the main reason of going. I am calling it a wrap on the 2019 bow season unless the ice doesn't get going. I could still go with the idea of finding a doe but we'll see.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17703 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Good day rain started around ten last night and is still falling may see a Wintry mix if temperature is low enough later in the day.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear the new headache medication is not helping and you are having neck and back pain. Glad you and the wife had a nice dinner and night out celebrating your wedding anniversary. I did not attended Cornwall high school my Town of New Windsor is part of Newburgh's school district it is nice though to see a school from my area competing for a state championship.
Ice Wanderer congratulations to Son#3 and your friend on their deer. May you see and get a shot at one today. Hope your wife is having a good recovery from her surgery.
Eddie have a good breakfast with your mom and family. Best to your  son;s with today hunting. Good to read the the block even though outside is sheltered from the weather.
Hunts2long this is the second consecutive year Cornwall has made it to the state championship game they will face Carthage from Wallyworld's section of NY. on Friday Nov. 29TH. Best to you if you head out to the woods today may you see some deer in the woods and not along roads.
Whopper Stopper may your shed not be to out of square. Best to you if you do head out again this hunting season.
Capt.Jim may the AC job be near completion and other close to complete.
Wallyworld hope your grandson's team is still in the tournament . Best to him in the shoot out contest.
IFF hope most of the snow has melted off of your deck.
Tom Turkey may you be seeing more deer this hunting trip.

Have a safe and good Sunday everyone.  Best to all fishing and hunting stay  safe while enjoying the out of doors.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17704 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:18 PM »

The team is taking home the bronze medal  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :bow:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17705 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:29 PM »
Wallworld ,please pass my congratulations onto your grandson.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: How many teams were in the tournament ?  Did your grandson have a good outing in the shoot out contest.  Sure you both are very proud grandparents. Have a safe trip home from Lake Placid.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17706 on: Nov 25, 2019, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Much milder weather conditions for today and tomorrow, we ended up with about 4” of wet heavy snow up here on the Hill yesterday. 37* this am, high of 46 today.

Wally...CONGRATULATION S to your grandson and his team, that’s awesome!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:  Wishing everyone safe travels home with clear roads. 
  Steve..Thank you, had a nice visit with my Mom yesterday. Didn’t hear anything from my sons , so guessing they either took a pass with the weather or didn’t see too much.
  Marv...does the area you hunt get a lot of pressure/trespassers during the gun season?
  H2...you may be right about the hat, lol. Good luck today if you’re heading out! Hope the bowling went well last evening!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...will be looking forward to your report!
  Jeff..wondering if you got out or if the snow stayed south...best of luck today if you’re heading also!   :thumbsup:

Running behind this morning, late on the rise. Back to the blocks again today... Cawfee’s on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17707 on: Nov 25, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. IW nice buck for # 3 son. WW bronze for the grandkids super. Back from visit with my daughter while there we shot over into MN for a shopping outing; the jungle might be mild term for  the Freeway Marv. A lighter wallet now. Found a big thrift store after the oil change on my daughters car. Scored a big plano tackle box with 6 trays; cleaned it up now super clean with all dividers. 6.98 well spent. Have a good day.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17708 on: Nov 25, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie, OG! Good morning everyone.

42 with some measurable snow moving in just in time for travel around the State.

WW Congratulations to your grandson and his team :clap: I bet they were pretty excited.

Eddie Hope you and the crew have a good day with the blocks :thumbsup: When it comes to people around the shack, what is theirs, is theirs, what is yours is theirs too ??? The problem usually comes around Thanksgiving when everyone gets antsy and they start looking for new areas to hunt. I usually leave a vehicle up there to make it appear I am there.

OG you didn't like the Jungle ??? You have no idea how happy I am that I don't have to go there every day :cookoo:

TT like Eddie looking forward to reading how your hunt went :thumbsup:

IW how is the hunt going for you ???

Yesterday I had my crack team give me a hand with the door on the little shed. At least it is hanging now and just need a couple adjustments. I'm not sure if I will get anymore time this winter to tinker with it but it will be waiting for me come spring.

I checked the ice on my spearing lake yesterday. The entire lake is capped but there is only about 2" of ice. If we get the 10" like they are talking about, the lake will be a mess for some time.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17709 on: Nov 25, 2019, 05:33 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 32* here on my hill, probably crunchy snow again. ::)
                       Wally ……….Congratulations to your grandson and his team, that's awesome. :clap: :thumbsup:
                       Marv...……..I know how it is with lakes being capped then snow comes and makes a :blink:
                       Eddie...…….Working in the parking garage helps with the elements, but does the car traffic bother you guys. ???
                       Tom...……...Can't wait to we hear about your hunt. ;D
                       I went out in the morning for a couple of hours, I did see a Doe being chased by a dog/coyote but was unable to shoot the coyote/dog. then
                 I went out again around 2pm and deer had walked in my footprints from the morning. :blink:
                       I'm suppose to run an errand for MW but not sure when today.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17710 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for all the congratulation wishes  :bow: ;)2   I will pass them along to my grandson  ;)  to say the kids were excited is an understatement  :blink: they haven't had the best season thus far so the wins were definitely a huge moral booster  :clap: ( there were only 4 teams in their division, but whose counting  ??? ;)2 )  the shootout didn't last too long for my grandson, he made it the first 2 rounds then it was over for him   :(   so tough competition with the good shooters   @)  couldn't have asked for better weather up there, not too terribly cold and only a few flakes in the air on the drive home  :thumbsup:  we didn't do much sightseeing as we were just up there in February, spent most of the time either in the arena or going thru the stores in town  ;D

Back to normal today, catching up on "house" stuff  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17711 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:15 AM »
34* and cloudy this morning.

WW, Congrats to Grandson's team. You and the parents can be very proud.

IW, there are days when I think I should walk backwards. The deer love to walk in my tracks.

We are no longer in 1st place. We went into last night 1 point up and loss all 4 to the 2nd place team. We bowled well, they just bowled better. One of there guys rolled a 714, 100+ over his avg.
He is high bowler in the league. All is not lost (yet) next week is position week and we may be bowling them again. We will just have to take all four points.

The driveway is a mess. Yesterday's snow turned to rain and now it has about an inch of frozen slush. Not sure what it is like up in the woods. They may not have gotten the rain up there.

Have good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17712 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Tough day yesterday. My wife has been very tired recently. I talked her into going into the walk in clinic who took her blood sugar and it was over 600. We had to go to the emergency room. It was 700 so she had to stay. When I left it was at 360. She’s hoping to come home today.

WallyWorld, Congratulations to your grandson and his team. 🤗🤗. You must be very proud. Have safe travels back home.

Ice Wanderer, How is your shoulder? Looks like the deer is playing games with you.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good you got your door on. Hopefully you get to go out on your spear lake. Nice buck for son#3.

Old Goat, Glad you had a good time at your daughters. Great find at the thrift store.

Mason Eddie, your a good son spending time with your mother. That was one thing that bothered me was kids who didn’t spend any time with their parents. Would just drop them off at a assisted leaving or nursing home. That was when I was working as a Paramedic.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17713 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:30 AM »
WallyWorld, Sounds like the team had a good time which is the important thing.

Hunts2long, you’ll get back into 1st place next week. Is it going to be warm enough to get rid of the slush in your driveway?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17714 on: Nov 25, 2019, 07:37 AM »
IF45.....thoughts and prayers to Mrs45, that’s some crazy high numbers !!! Glad she caught it before things turned really bad 😞

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17715 on: Nov 25, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Good morning things are drying out after yesterday's rain currently in the low forties heading to low fifties with light winds and blue sky.
Eddie glad you had a good visit with your mom. Hope you have a snow blower to help with removal/clean up even that will be under a strain with the heavy snow.
Old Goat sounds like a good visit with your daughter. I think traveling in any major metropolitan area is taxing on our bodies and emotions.
Whopper Stopper good to read the new door is on your shed. A good snow fall as ice is forming always sets things back or makes for sloppy conditions once ice is thick enough to fish.
Ice Wanderer glad you are seeing deer activity during your hunts may you get a shot next time out.
Wallyworld may the good performance in this tournament turn things around for your grandson's team and they  do well in remaining games this season. Plenty of places to spend money on Lake Placid's main street no idea if it is still in business but by chance did you stop at the candy store.
Hunts2long may the temperature get high enough to melt most of the snow/slush off your driveway. I assume your wife and Lindsay got home safely from the teacher's conference. Always hard when you go up againest a team who has one of the better bowler's in the league especially if all of his teammates have a good outing. Best to you and your teammates next Sunday.
Icefisher-45 good you convinced your wife to go to the clinic that is a high blood sugar level. May she be able to lower it with medications and possibly diet changes.

Have a safe and good Monday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17716 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Good Evening, Gang

Mid 50's today - sun and clouds, touch of a breeze, the mornings have been nippy

45 - Has the boss lady ever considered using an insulin pump, I know several people here who have them with good results

Mrs. W.W. - Congrats to the kids on their placement, may they have many more

H2L - Maybe time to take out the 'lucky antlers' & have your team members rub them for good luck, or a rabbit's foot

I.W. - Nice buck #3 got - next time talking to M.W., tell him I said hello - saw a pic. of a 10 pt.er a cousin got, 27 in. spread, dressed wht. at 200 lbs., was a big boy -  patience,
      yours is coming, mason too

O.G. - Always nice to see the kids, when you can - nice score on the plano box

W.S. - so, what is going to be the deal for spearing this year with the shack ?

Mason - Getting close to time to go inside, isn't it?

Clean - I should be wrapping up the A.C. job Wednesday (before turkey day), I'll be glad when it's over, won't miss the ride to & from one bit, then the weekend job gets the
      full attention, that one needs a week to be done with, then a painting job that the H.O. says when I can get to it, it is slowing down some, which is good, the body needs
      some time off

Finally got another vehicle, short body E 250 Ford van, V6, high miles which is ok with me, they were highway, 2002, the chassis is solid, that is what I wanted, the Dodge
      pickup that left was getting real thin with some bad rust on the frame, besides, it was time to start keeping things in the truck again, a van offers covered storage, the
      pickup didn't, too many items to move around, it was just too small, like with any used vehicle, some issues to tend to, but in general, I'm happy with my choice

Legs are killing me today, time for a hot shower, 2 fingers, recliner for some tube, inspect the back of the eyelids

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17717 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:50 PM »
This should get interesting....revised snow forecast .....up to 30 inches ?????
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17718 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:58 PM »
IFF.....that's a LOT of snow  :o   :blink:   :wacko:   be safe

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17719 on: Nov 25, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Hang in there Bud       The Goat scores again jump out the car find a 10 dollar bill. Inside the store I snagged 8 Lindy Darters, 3 Lindy spoons, and 5 Lindy Frosty spoons and a pack of 2 Lindy Bugs all at 37 cents a piece. I think it was just shy of 8 dollars total.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17720 on: Nov 25, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Cripes OG that's prit-near criminal :thumbsup:

Bud you might want to consider moving back this way. Our updated forecast is for 8"-10".

Capt.Jim I have my old tar paper shack that I can patch up and I also have an Eskimo hub house I bought for spearing. Right now the biggest concern is getting  10" of snow on the 2"-3" of ice we have,, that's going to screw things up bigtime.

Hope you all enjoy your evening!
Stay safe.

WS

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #17721 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Howdy, folks!
No need to fear, lil mag is here... again. Weather has been cold here for a couple weeks, so I figured I had best get back on here for the season! Not a whole lot of exciting things have happened since spring, other than high school being no more. Looking forward to the lakes gettinge locked up, and getting in some ice time. Last year, I introduced my friend to ice fishing, and now he's totally hooked on it! He has been asking me about anything and everything ice fishing since!

One question though, it appears as though the reports and conditions for every state are locked for me. Am I missing something? Or are they always locked until a certain time?
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17722 on: Nov 26, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 28* this am, warming up to 54 here today.   :cookoo: 

Lil Mag...welcome back! Way to go introducing your buddy to the hardwater fishing, hope you boys have a great season together!  :clap:  I just did a fast check on the reports and conditions, no problems here. Congrats on graduating HS, are you in college now?
  OG...glad you had a nice visit with your daughter, nice score on the tackle box, $, and lures...awesome!   :clap:
Send some of that luck this way please... ;D
  Jeff...no problems with the traffic in the area we’re working at, it’s at the far end of the parking garage, no through traffic or parking allowed there. Hope today is the day if you’re heading out to the woods!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad the ladies gave you a hand and got the new door hung on the shed, good deal.  :thumbsup:  That sucks about the ice and the recent weather on your spearing lake. Thanks for the heads up on the people near your shack...think they’ve got some relatives here on the private property I occasionally hunt, lol.
  H2...that’s too bad with the bowling, plenty of time to get back on top yet..maybe next week you should try wearing The Hat?  ;D. Good luck with the hunting today also!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...wow, sorry to read about your wife , glad you got her to the clinic/hospital quickly! Hope she is doing well today and everything is back to normal numbers...best wishes sent.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...the snow was so wet I didn’t even bother trying to blow it out. Most of it is gone now, the rest will be history today.
  Wally...glad you had a great time, good weather, and clear roads home! Congratulations again to your grandson and his team....great job!   :clap:
  Bud...that Colorado weather is full of surprises, wow!! Keep us posted....please be careful with the snow removal.   :thumbsup:
  Capt J...excellent news on the AC job, nearing the finish line! Hope the next two days go super smoothly for you Sir, glad you’ve got some other jobs lined up.  :clap: :thumbsup:

Had a very pleasant day yesterday, everything ran as smooth as a babies behind...the foreman is on vacation for the week!   ;D.   :clap:
  We’ve got the block walls up as high we can go from the ground, hopefully our scaffold delivery arrives early this am.
  This recent snow and temps is going to put the whammy on a few of the small lakes I like to fish early. Like Marvs lake, they had about 2” of ice on them this past weekend...had hoped to drill a few holes this weekend.
  Time to get ready for another shift....Cawfee’s on!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17723 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:14 AM »
I might miss the bulk of it, 10" now, but its due to snow for another 9 - 10 hours. ::)  Nice day to have off it is.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17724 on: Nov 26, 2019, 04:50 AM »
32* this morning.
Ice-45, hope the wife is doing better.
You guys can keep the snow.
Sat form 10:30 am until dark, no deer. None along the road last night.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17725 on: Nov 26, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Good morning everyone

35 staying steady, the main event starts after 5pm this evening. They are still preaching 9"- 12" but the wind is going to be the real enemy at 25mph with gusts to 40mph. My wife is taking tomorrow off so we won't have much reason to be out in it.

Eddie it amazing how much work and how smoothly things can run when everyone is allowed to just do their work ??? It used to be so frustrating seeing all our progress come to a halt when the boss showed up :cookoo:

h2l best of luck on your next outing, hope your next sit produces :thumbsup:

a few have asked about my fish house ordeal. I was credited back my down payment from Visa within a couple of days of filing a dispute. The guy however has 60 days to enter his own dispute. I was told that usually a business just agrees and it's a done deal. So far the guy with the house hasn't responded. The worst thing that could happen is I would have to accept the house, and end up making the second payment. They said from my dispute they can't see that happening, but they also said they wouldn't buy anything until this is put to rest. That's why if I have to I will just use the old house. Right now with the snow coming I doubt I will be doing much on the ice for some time.

This morning I am going with the wife to get whatever groceries we need for the extended weekend. Then I have some welding to do in the garage.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17726 on: Nov 26, 2019, 05:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          I lost my first post, so I'll try again.
                          It's 34* here, yesterday it got up to 45* so it made for a quiet walk in the woods.
                          Eddie...……...I know it's tempting but you have hunting to do.lol :woot: That's good that you don't have parked cars in the way. :flex: Jobs always
                  go smoother when the foreman is away. :roflmao:
                          Bud...………...Watch the snow removal, you don't want to hurt your back again. Have you considered a back brace? ???
                          Lil Maggot....Welcome back, maybe you can get your friend to join us here on the shanty. :whistle:
                          I-45...………...I'm glad that you were able to get your wife to the clinic. Has she been a diabetic before or is the first issue with high blood sugar. ???
                          Capt.........…Good going on the AC job. :thumbsup:
                          H2L...………….Sometimes it's frustrating tracking deer. One time up in Maine, I was tracking a deer and it got to a point where it made tight little
                  circles and I lost where it was going , it was getting late so I was following my track out of the woods. Lo and behold I saw movement ahead of me and the deer
                  was coming toward me, all I had to do is wait and got him. :clap: :flex:
                          Marv............I would think the Eskimo hub would be better suited for spear fishing, it's lighter and easier to move around. :flex:
                          Wally...………..Yoyr grandsons team must be on cloud nine, again congrats to them. :clap:
                          I hunted yesterday afternoon and about 3:30 a Does came within 30 yards feed in the beechnut, I watched it for twenty minutes hoping a buck
                  would be following her. But she walked off with nothing following her.
                           Back at it again today, but the area I'm hunting us getting full of my tracks and deer tracks, I need a fresh coating of snow, or just go and sit
                  in the Beechnut trees.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17727 on: Nov 26, 2019, 07:09 AM »
I guess I better make a post so you wonderful people do not think I have deserted you.

My deer hunting is done for the year. the tower blind is cleared out for the year. My son finally checked the cameras on the food plots after I left on Sunday. He has a picture of the big 8 point walking through the plot in the dark the night before opening day. I could see the tracks from the tower. I sat the whole day on opening day. the second picture he sent was titled "You set the whole day on the wrong day." A broken racked buck walked across the food plot at 1 pm on the second day while I was in town for lunch.

I finished cutting up the deer that my friend gave me yesterday. I will freeze what I am going to grind until I can get to where I can get some suet to mix in when I grind it.

ww Congrats to your grandson and his teammates. I miss going to all of our grand kids activities.

Eddie I used Ford vans for work vehicles a lot of my working career. I bought one of the first Ford vans with the pushed out front ends back in 75. It was a bare window van that I paid $4,000 for. In 78 they went up to $6,000. I was installing carpet at the time. I could get a 12 foot roll of carpet inside of it. I ended up customizing it so we could also use it for camping as well.
Edit the post locked up on me again so I had to post and modify.

Bud The weather guesser said you were getting hit with snow again. We are guessed to get a lot of rain and high winds tonight and Wednesday. The do not need any more wind along the lake shore. They were tearing down another cottage yesterday before it fell into Lake Michigan. It is a lot cheaper to do a preventive demolition before it falls in the lake.

Lil Maggot Welcome back. If you can get your new ice fishing friend to get on IS he will be able to find answers on here to all of his questions.

OG I agree with Marv. That kind of deals are like stealing!  How come I never find them?

marv Back when I was a kid they had what they called shanty board. It was like a soft Masonite. With a coat of paint it would last for years. Luckily we are going to be on the warm side of this storm so all we will get is rain. Luckily it will have gone through before Thanksgiving as we have quite a few coming to the Assn. Pavilion on Thanksgiving.

IF-45 I know all about high blood sugars. When I came down with type one in 2010  A-C was 13. They could not give me what my BS was as it would not register it was so high. I ended up counting carbs to get things under control. I weighed 260 at that time. I am now down to 200.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17728 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. Bud hope the snow is not what they were calling for. TT if you need something just ask. I did say all at .37 but looking at receipt it was 16 at .37 and 1 at 1.50. After .41 sales tax it came to  7.83 and when I got my 2.17 back  I said thankyou.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17729 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Thank you for the prayers and support. Looks like my wife will be staying another night. They want her sugar below 300. It’s not cooperating. She also needs to find a pcp so she can get insulin and in services. They want to make her house bound so she can’t work. She’s fighting that. Their not listening about her working in a hospital and my medical background. Plus she’s worried about me. That I’m sure isn’t helping.

Tom Turkey, I’m sorry your deer season is over. In Massachusetts they are saying that deer are TB carriers. My wife’s ac1 was 10.1. We both are going to try and eat better. Problem with me is I lost my taste so very few things I can eat.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a successful day today in the woods.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good your wife has tomorrow off. Hopefully the snow isn’t to bad. They are talking rain here and in the 40s. That’s good no issues with the cancellation of the spear house.

Hunts2long, Hope your day out is better then yesterday’s.

IFF, Hope you don’t get that much snow. Be careful doing snow removal that you don’t reinjure your back.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully your day goes well. Do you have a 1/2 day tomorrow. This weather is crazy. No ice on any ponds near us.

Captain Jim, Thats great news about the AC job. Hope your feeling better.

Old Goat, you manage to find great deals.

WallyWorld, I hope you have a great day. Are you all set for Thanksgiving?

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.