The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Trip for ice  (Read 1563 times)

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Trip for ice
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Been seriously thinking about a trip to.mich
Or Minn
Anyone tried it

Offline MMWood

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Trip for ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Would be great, to far for a weekend trip. Wife and I have been watching the weather north of us, might try a trip to Adirondack area.

Offline ECIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:01 AM »
My dad and I took a trip to Lake of the Woods the last week of March and they had 38" of ice still.  I'm pretty sure it was River Bend Resort which the staff was great, food was excellent, and overall a good trip.  Fishing was slower than normal that week but we still caught fish.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:07 AM »
Hey Guys, My name is Louis Im from Scranton area, West Pittston to be exact but I just opened a 12 room lakeside lodge up here on Lake Ontario in Chaumont Bay for Guiding, Lodging and Rentals. Its some of the best ice fishing offered anywhere. Especially for trophy walleye. I have also made some crazy ice fishing trips including Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba (multiple trips), Lake of the woods (multiple trips, Out of Baudette, Sioux Narrows and Angle inlet), Devils Lake ND, Fort Peck Reservoir MT, and Last mountain Lake in Saskatchewan. In my opinion our fishery here has them all beat when it comes to big walleye. I just sponsored our PA forum two days ago and if anyone is interested feel free to contact me or check out the link . I will definitely take care of my PA guys and also guys usually come up from our area every weekend if you'd like to ride share. Thanks
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2020, 03:53 PM »
My buddy Steve and I were just discussing that we may have to make a weekend trip if the weather doesn't improve.  Might head somewhere and then sleep on the ice to save on hotels.  Wish I didn't have to consider buying an out of state license!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Drove to Minnesota back in Feb. of 2017. Rented an Ice house out on Lake Mille Lacs for 60 hours and caught some massive walleye. Was a hell of a time. Ice was 3 feet thick
: )

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Michigan ran out of fish 10 years ago. Try Canada.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Its nice up here in Chaumont because there is no limit on the perch and you can sell them for 2$ a pound whole weight right now. If its decent you can do 80-100$ a day. Cant beat that, especially with how insane the walleye fishing is too
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline fatty crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Just got back from fishing one the adks last night. Caught a few lake trout and a nice 11.5 inch perch. Great day one the ice. If your considering going for a little road trip, you might want to consider the brainerd jaycees extravaganza. I'm heading up there this year and plan on taking a week off to head further north. Maybe lake of the woods or the bwca area. This will be my second trip to Minnesota this year. We usually do it on the cheap and camp in my larger eskimo paired with some cots. Get out there and make it happen. There's ice to be fished somewhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.