Author Topic: Cascade Ice 2013  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Perch-slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Cascade Ice 2013
« on: Dec 10, 2013, 04:28 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has seen if Cascade has started to freeze yet???????????????

idfishnhunt

Re: Cascade Ice 2013
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2013, 04:38 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/tackletoms you can find some updates here.

Offline xstream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:45 PM »
The whole lake is froze now but I'm not sure how thick the ice is from sugarloaf down to the dam. Up here at boulder cr we had 5" last Sat. but I only had time to fish for an hour. I'm going out in the morning so will post some ice thickness and fishing updates tomorrow.

Offline Perch-slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Sweet, Im itching to get out to the island!!!!!!!!! 

Offline xstream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Had a good day of fishing. Ice is 7" out from boulder cr ramp. Caught a lot of perch most smaller but kept 10 all between 12" and 15". Also got 4 rainbows one 13" two 19" and a hog 25". My biggest rainbow ever in Cascade. I hear the ice is still a little thin down closer to the island and by town though. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow too.

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:43 PM »
Great report. How far our from the ramp did you go? How deep were you fishing? Thx.
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline xstream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2013, 10:09 PM »
In the main body of the lake out of the cove. Normally it's about 20' but with the water lower than usual it's about 16'. I usually catch the trout just a few feet under the ice but today everything came from right off the bottom.

Offline Bigggcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm not a man prone to sharing my secrets.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2013, 10:36 PM »
I am planning on trying out my luck thigs year at cascade. I have never fished it before, not even from a boat. I am used to fishing for perch on Lake Erie, where we use live bait or jigging spoons. What average depth should I expect to find the perch at Cascade?  What types of areas am I looking for?  Any tips on spoon choices and colors?  I don't need secret spots or anything like that, just a point in the right direction.
Thanks, Dan

Offline spud bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2013, 12:41 PM »
No secret really, pretty simple to find some perch. Best advice is to drill, then drill some more. The more mobile you are the better chance of finding fish. Try a variety of jigs. I don't have a favorite, but usually tip with a crawler or cut bait. Grab yourself a lake map and some worms at Tom's in Cascade and check with him on the latest info. Not much more to it.

Offline Perch-slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2013, 01:22 PM »
Great report,

I will be out of town until the 1st so, the whole lake should be good and froze before i come back. 

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Hi Guys,

Great reports on Cascade. "Xstream"...great job on that hog trout!!! Has anyone hit Poison Creek yet. I'm thinkin that if Boulder is good Poison should be as well....any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hogger

Offline gillis37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Hogger I was out at Boulder yesterday and the ice was about 7 inches where we were fishing. I saw people pretty far out across the lake at Poison creek as well. Lots of dinks, a couple trout, and two perch that where worth taking home. Tight lines and be safe out there.

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:25 AM »
looking to head up Tuesday  not sure where I will fish  will check out different spots  like poison, sugarloaf will post what I find 
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline spud bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Few of us hit Poison yesterday for 4 hours. The ice is in good shape and is a solid 6". Perch fishing was steady, some dinks to filter through but a good day and plenty of action.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Thanks for the reports guys.

Don't even have my gear out yet, but will definitely need some quiet time up there soon!!!

Hogger

Offline Bigggcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Fished boulder creek til 2pm yesterday. Lots of dink perch, 4 trout. Headed over to poison creek the last 2 hrs ended up with 6 perch over 12". Fish were in 19 fow.

Offline turdfurgeson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Fished boulder today. Finally Hard water. Lots of small fish. Most everything on the bottom. Marked a lot of fish at times and nothing biting. One sucker. One Kokanee and about 10 keepers. Ice is 8-9" of good ice. Time to hit it fellers. ;)

Offline FishingSpud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Does anyone know about the ice conditions in the southern portion of Cascade?

Offline Bigggcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:21 PM »
On Saturday my buddy and I drove by sugar loaf but didn't see anyone on the ice.   

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Does anyone from the Shanty fish the area in front of the dam much? Someone at Cabela's told me that is where I need to fish for trout and salmon when the ice is safe. I might like to try it if the Shanty militia has had success there. Thx.
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2013, 06:45 AM »
30 yrs ago it was the only place I fished along with boat ramp and golf course. Usually did very well with trout and a perch now and then.   We fished the middle just west of the buoys, and just north of the boat ramp right off the point.

Tried it a few times past few years and while we did find a few fish we were mostly after perch so didn't catch much trout.

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Thank you Hamstn!
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline IowaBoy78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:06 AM »
6 to 7 inches at Bolder Creek and the fish are bitting.  Caught a couple dozen perch and 2 nice trout.  No big perch this time though.  We found the preschool.  Had a lot of fun.  I might be mistaken but on the way home I thought I seen a group of of the north point of Sugar.  Has anyone ventured out there and can verify that the ice is thick enough out there?  Have a great holiday everyone!

Offline Icehouse89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Just curious what you guys mostly use at cascade. Not looking for secret lures just an idea, I'm a newbie and just needing a direction. Do you mostly jig, use tip ups or both? Thanks for the help. Hoping to get up there this weekend.

Offline xstream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Just depends on the day. Small ice jigs tipped with worm or artificial baits work, so does a night crawler just up off the bottom. Sometimes very subtle movement is the key and other days it needs to be more aggressive. I usually put 4 rods on jaw jackers and jig with my 5th. Just experiment and see what's working. Try a spot and if your not getting much move. Good luck.

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:11 PM »
5 " at Van Wyck.
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline Icehouse89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2013, 12:51 AM »
Thank you for the help. Much appreciated!

Offline xstream

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:29 PM »
No problem hopefully you can get in to the fish and figure out what they want. Today was tough at Boulder. Fished for about 6 hours and caught 2 trout and lots of dink perch but no keepers. There was a couple other guys that fished yesterday, stayed out there all night, and all day today. They had a couple nice fish but pretty slow for them too. Thanks again for the coffee and mug Fellas. Looking forward to the ice getting thick enough down by Sugar Loaf to open some more area.

Squarehog

« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Hey Extreme,  Thanks again for the use of your auger Wednesday Morn.  You saved our day and we got to haul in a couple of those nice Cascade Fish.  We managed to pull perch, rainbows, a brook trout and a yellow belly cat through the ice in one trip.  Good luck out there! Hey and my fishing buddy and I appreciate all the fishing info too.

Offline Ice Freak in Idaho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.