Author Topic: aqua vu pod  (Read 4431 times)

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
aqua vu pod
« on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:10 PM »
does anyone have one of these and how good does it work im sick of wasting 15 to 20 min getting my cam positioned just right then a gill nose it and turn it just enough that i cant see my jig
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline Shrek

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: aqua vu pod
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Not yet but I'm looking into one also, had my new Scout II out last weekend and my index and thumb on both hands are raw. What a blast we had checking out whats under the ice. ;D Seriously thinking about the gadget to record and download footage, as we saw some awesome stuff :o, Might even try to get some fishing done next time we're out ;D
Even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:55 PM »
I have one, the manual one that is, not the $100 one.  It works ok.  I've decided that I'm down viewing with my camera this year.

All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:10 PM »
I've been using the manual pod for two years and it works very good. It fits right in the soft case with my camera. I've heard horror stories with the motorized ones. Just don't be rough with any of them. They're made of plastic and last a long time if you go easy on them.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2006, 06:09 PM »
I also use the manual one, lost the rubber stopper BUT the clothes pin works better as its a pointer too.

Offline matt_hill_61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2006, 08:09 PM »
i have the motorized ice pod but i never got to use it last year when i bought it but i'll let you know how it works when i use it this year if we ever get some hard water  8)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2006, 08:49 PM »
I also have the manual aqua-vu ice pod. I have had it for 2 season now and it works great, I set it up in the shanty and I am away.

It's amazing what a person will see in a day. 8)

WW

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:56 AM »
thanks for the replys im going to pick one up tonight at the mans mall
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:23 PM »
As far as the rubber stoppers go ...
I had a feeling that thing going down the hole was going to be a problem so I had a tool and die buddy borrow stopper long enough to make a mold. I now have a lifetime supply. Always keep a spare in my Aqua Vu soft case. You can get the rubber material at hobby shops for the replacements. You can make one for a few cents or go to the Aqua Vu site and buy them for $3.00 a piece plus shipping (??).

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:35 PM »
I just popped a hole in mine and tied a string from it to my pod.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:55 PM »
2x4 12 inches long with a grove cut half ways across at the 6in mark just wide enough for the cord. works like a dream,also works as a pointer.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2006, 11:23 AM »
glad i saw this post, as I have bought 3 pods already after I keep losing the stupid rubber stopper. I think i may give the electric one a go this year.

Offline bossman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • im all about settin hooks
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2006, 05:32 PM »
hey mad,i have the mopod and it works great,if its outside the hut and it gets nudged i just push the remote and I'm back on track in no time don't have to leave my seat, alot of time saved for more hook settin.
Its all about the good times.

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2007, 11:03 AM »
i seen another post where another guy used a 5 gallon bucket cover cut it from side to center so that you can slide your cable in and used a spring clamp to hold the cable and turn it. i did this and it works just as good as the pod only cost $2 for the spring clamp i like the pod also but i use the bucket cover in my portable cause it covers the hole and keeps light out also keeps cell phones depth finders and any thing else out of the hole

billybono

« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2007, 10:32 AM »
my mo pod lasted 4 trips before it burned out....

its slow, cheaply made , and kills batteries

and since its made to run off the cameras battery it kills the usage of the camera

billybono

Offline Uncle Grump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2007, 03:04 PM »
I bought my aqua-vu used.....

The prev owner threw in a 'pod' made to two hunks of 1x2 about 10-12" long,
they are notched in the center so they interlock and form a square X. The interlock
is held together w/ a drywall screw. Attached to the wood is a wooden clamp
clothes pin. Put the camera cable in the clothes pin, shift the wood X in the direction
you want to see, then set it on the ice surface.

I can post a pic if needed.

UG

Offline Flash_King

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Uncle Grump - made one similar to yours - using a ballaster railing from H-depot.Cut 2 sections 13in long ,used bolts and wing nuts at each end with a hole in the center(just tight enough for the cable)
Works Great - But I like the 5gal top idea for inside the portable - grandson dropped too many thing down the hole last year!
GOOD LUCK - GOOD FISHING

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Hey Dad, it's cold, put another log on the fire"
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2007, 08:22 AM »
i seen another post where another guy used a 5 gallon bucket cover cut it from side to center so that you can slide your cable in and used a spring clamp to hold the cable and turn it.

I did exactly the same thing with a 5 gallon lid.  Instead of a spring clamp I used a large rubber carboy stopper you can get for a dollar at any winemaking store (my other hobby ;D).  Just cut a slit in the side of the stopper and you're in business.  Its primitive but's works great. :tipup:
The Chewster

Offline gordify

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I bought my aqua-vu used.....

The prev owner threw in a 'pod' made to two hunks of 1x2 about 10-12" long,
they are notched in the center so they interlock and form a square X. The interlock
is held together w/ a drywall screw. Attached to the wood is a wooden clamp
clothes pin. Put the camera cable in the clothes pin, shift the wood X in the direction
you want to see, then set it on the ice surface.

I can post a pic if needed.

UG
Yes throw in a pic

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2007, 03:40 PM »
my fault i didnt use the whole 5 gal bucket i used the lid hope that clears any possible misunderstanding

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:49 AM »
does anyone have one of these and how good does it work I'm sick of wasting 15 to 20 min getting my cam positioned just right then a gill nose it and turn it just enough that i cant see my jig
  I have used the remote pod for 3 seasons with no trouble at all.  I hook my pod up to the quad or snowmobile so I really don't know how it is on the camera battery.  If there isn't enough ice I only take my flasher anyway.

Offline Uncle Grump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Pics of the 'pod'....

Pod sitting on a work table in my basement - just 2 hunks of 1x2 - notched so they interlock, held
together w/ a drywall screw - and a spring clip clothes pin, also held on w/ a drywall screw.

Pod w/ my camera attached. If this were on the ice, it would just be a matter of rotating
the pod on the ice surface until you get the scene you want - ie your jig.

Hope this helps.

UG

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2007, 12:13 PM »
that a good idea cool pod
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline Uncle Grump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Had the chance to be on the ice on Monday - where I used my camera for a length of time - and the
pod - it works - as I was told - see my posts earlier in this thread.

The clamp clothes pin held the camera cable fine - no slipping. The camera confirmed there were fish
in the lake - as they sure weren't biting.

UG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.