Author Topic: FLX28 to LX7  (Read 13049 times)

Offline Bumski

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FLX28 to LX7
« Reply #90 on: Jan 05, 2015, 03:30 PM »
What about the ping?  I'll try manual next time I'm out to see it it helps. I tried a lot of settings to see above 5' but couldn't get it.

Ping 2     Sorry for the late reply guy....

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 05, 2015, 06:05 PM »
I seem to recall seeing that using zoom in very shallow water isn't recommended.  Could this be the problem people are having?

I didn't realize zoom affected anything. I thought it just blew up a certain part of the dial on the screen???  Kind of like zooming in on a picture.

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:22 PM »
I used my Lx-7 extensively from 4 -100+' fow and had no issues. It does take some tweaking , but that is the characteristic of detail necessary for a finely tuned instrument.
My only criticism to date is that Marcum couldn't shaven just a little off the base to make it fit in a damm bucket, straight up dumb!
taking it out for the first day this season tomorrow cant wait!
I used it on open water this summer too! worked fine.
For those who like the new units with the scroll screen. I personally love the fact the Lx-7 can have the real time data of the entire water column in the center with a standard flasher, I zoom the right side of the screen to  where ever I am in the water column  and use the scroll screen to watch the jigging action of the lure and get to have a 5 second memory of anything I missed on the flasher. Very awesome unit.
although I just bought a Toyota tundra and I sure that someone out there would harp on me saying that I should of bought another Ford too.....NOT!

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Those Tundra's are  :o awesome!
Fishin red lines

Offline 57 fathead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 17, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Ive had my showdown 7yrs and never have had a problem .

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Wish it was easier to post pics.
I would show my LX -7 working in 5 fow this weekend. It is not the perfect machine, size and case are cumbersome...but damm awesome accurate machine. I could see the mousy on a sweedish pimple at 40 no problem

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.