Author Topic: New vexilar FL X 28  (Read 46819 times)

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
Re: New vexilar FL X 28
« Reply #60 on: Jul 17, 2013, 01:27 PM »
My FLX 28 is going to be here sept. 1st . Some guys at vexilar used the 28 late ice this year
Never to many short poles

Offline lyonboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jul 17, 2013, 04:00 PM »
I was watching the marketing video for it because I was so pumped about the new unit and as I was watching it I realized that I already had most of the same things on my ICE55 Humminbird.  So I was a little sad because I wanted a reason to get a new unit  :(

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jul 19, 2013, 09:29 AM »
I was watching the marketing video for it because I was so pumped about the new unit and as I was watching it I realized that I already had most of the same things on my ICE55 Humminbird.  So I was a little sad because I wanted a reason to get a new unit  :(

I wasn't very impressed either. I thought there was going to be something revolutionary.  Aside from the auto depth button, I really didn't see any difference then my Fl 22 hd
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jul 25, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I have a fl20that I got 2 years ago and got a traduced last year I'm not impressed with the flx28 unless the weed mode works awesome I will have to see one in action before I pull the trigger on one
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline udflyer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Northern Ohio Ice Fisher
« Reply #64 on: Aug 06, 2013, 11:33 PM »
It's funny but I use the fl8 and gave my kids the fl18
Northern Ohio Ice Fisher

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Aug 22, 2013, 08:39 PM »
The new product out from vex seems to have the same platform as the others before it. They added some nice features this time though 5 color option is nice for detail.
Fishin red lines

Offline zip7111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Sep 14, 2013, 12:49 PM »
I see Scheels in Wisconsin has a few on the shelves already.  They almost have a "cheap" look to them in person.  We will have to see how he unit performs.

Offline ckashner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Sep 14, 2013, 06:39 PM »
NO THANKS....I'll stick with my Marcum

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Sep 21, 2013, 11:35 PM »
A friend of mine got his today ! I can't wait to get mine!!!!!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #69 on: Sep 22, 2013, 07:03 AM »
 Well as Jumbo said it is here! I have had alot of different flashers from Humminbird to Marcum and a couple different models from Vex. So far I like this model the best out of everything I have had. The screen is pretty awesome and has alot of features for the $$. Mine is a pro pack 2 which came with the soft case for $599. The unit is not as loud as the others I have had from Vex. Ever mode you change to it tells you on the screen plus the depth you are at. I'm not sure yet on the pro veiw ducer yet. I have had the tri beam and a dual beam so we'll see how it goes. The stores are not getting many of these this year so if you see one you had better grab it because I'm sure they will go fast.

Matt

A friend of mine got his today ! I can't wait to get mine!!!!!

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: Sep 23, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Looks like the Humminbird Ice-55........... ;D

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Sep 24, 2013, 12:04 AM »
Ya it's a great upgrade very much better than the LX 7  because this unit has target ID 

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Sep 24, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Ya I got my FL28 so far I think it's the best . Thank god I finally got my Lx7 sold before this unit came out

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Sep 26, 2013, 07:04 AM »
i guess i dont understand the hype the unit gets.... humminbird 55 has most of the features and is been out for years... seems like vexilar is behind somewhat.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #74 on: Sep 26, 2013, 07:29 AM »
i guess i dont understand the hype the unit gets.... humminbird 55 has most of the features and is been out for years... seems like vexilar is behind somewhat.
not behind on durability and reliability.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Sep 26, 2013, 08:00 AM »
I like Humminbird and run to of there units on my boat. I have had a Humminbird ice 55 and its a nice unit but IMO Vexilar is by far a better unit. I own a flx28 and if you put them side by side you would agree. The target seperation alone is a big difference.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #76 on: Sep 26, 2013, 11:37 AM »
I like Humminbird and run to of there units on my boat. I have had a Humminbird ice 55 and its a nice unit but IMO Vexilar is by far a better unit. I own a flx28 and if you put them side by side you would agree. The target seperation alone is a big difference.

Huh? Are you just going by the stats or have you actually had it out fishing?
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Sep 26, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Vexilar flx28 - 1/4"   Humminbird ice 55- 2 1/2". I got both # off mfg websites. IMO spend the $50 and get a unit from a company that has been building units for ice for years again just my opinion.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #78 on: Sep 26, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Vexilar flx28 - 1/4"   Humminbird ice 55- 2 1/2". I got both # off mfg websites. IMO spend the $50 and get a unit from a company that has been building units for ice for years again just my opinion.
dont let the vexilar haters make you think any different.vexilar makes rock solid units and im sure it will last many problem free years.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Sep 26, 2013, 01:24 PM »

And they claim 1/2" on the 20, yet weeds and trees blob up when turning the gain up for small jigs and bottom huggers often go unnoticed. 

Vexilars are rock solid and great units, I haven't seen a 28, but my opinion is just about every flasher manufacturer out there does target ID better than vexilar.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Sep 26, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Check out WEED MODE  ;D

And they claim 1/2" on the 20, yet weeds and trees blob up when turning the gain up for small jigs and bottom huggers often go unnoticed. 

Vexilars are rock solid and great units, I haven't seen a 28, but my opinion is just about every flasher manufacturer out there does target ID better than vexilar.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Sep 26, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Well you have to take into account that with Ice sonar we are looking down wit the ducer. You could end up with a stick with a fish slightly under it, near another stick, with a weed hanging off it and who knows what else. It can be hard to show something like that on a circular dial with out some larger blobs even with smaller gain. In some instances we should be looking at the fish/structure from the side really, but that is not an option.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Sep 26, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I can't wait to do the target ID test again against all the other units I have done it in the past with my fl20 . We took a ice 55 a  LX6 all you have to do it take 3 split shots put them 2" apart drop them down 40' and that proves who has the best target definition . This was the results and the only one that you could see 3 lines on the screen was my old FL20 and I can't wait to try this experiment with the better definition of the FLX 28 . Try this test then you will understand the importance of target separation and how it works.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Sep 26, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Thats awesome! To bad none of the guys i fish with have a Marcum. I would love to test it out. Thanks for input Jumbo  ;)
Matt

I can't wait to do the target ID test again against all the other units I have done it in the past with my fl20 . We took a ice 55 a  LX6 all you have to do it take 3 split shots put them 2" apart drop them down 40' and that proves who has the best target definition . This was the results and the only one that you could see 3 lines on the screen was my old FL20 and I can't wait to try this experiment with the better definition of the FLX 28 . Try this test then you will understand the importance of target separation and how it works.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Sep 27, 2013, 02:10 AM »
Hilarious.  I'd live to see that.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #85 on: Sep 27, 2013, 02:59 PM »
I have seen it. He makes no joke. I watched a guy get so torqued that his new lx-9 wouldnt read those three separate split shot he tried to exchange the unit because he thought it was broken.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Sep 27, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Wonder why there are no posts back from the Marcum or Humminbird guys  ;D

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #87 on: Sep 27, 2013, 07:21 PM »
I run a bird and love it. For the money the 35 is hard to beat. My biggest complaint with the bird is its not quite as crisp as some of the others but for 299 you get dual beam, full adjustable zoom, and the digital battery readout. Plus a large flat screen, at the price i dont think you can beat it.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Sep 27, 2013, 08:31 PM »
I run marcum and I'll run beside any of you and still prefer my units.  I've ran them all besides the 28.  Vexilar has a target issue problem as far as I'm concerned. It's not terrible but it lacks and others do it better, IMO. I could care less about split shots or any other tests, I prefer my own experience.  I'm not brand loyal to anything, in fact, I think it's pathetic. 

Really though, if you can't tune into 3 splits, you're an idiot and can't run your unit, the test is moronic and proves little in real world scenarios.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Sep 27, 2013, 08:56 PM »
LOL, it has started.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.