Author Topic: MarCum or Vexilar?  (Read 14315 times)

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
MarCum or Vexilar?
« on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:03 PM »
There are SOOOO many arguments on who is better... What are your guys' thoughts? I think MarCum is ALOT better.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: MarCum or Vexilar?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:34 PM »
           This subject has been discussed in earlier threads, you can seach back through to see what everyone has said. ???

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Like IW said, that's like Ford vs Chevy or any other brand loyalty out there!! Check out the threads and see what others think!! But in the end, no matter what anyone else says or thinks, it's up to you to decide! It's your money and you have to be satisfied with whatever your choice is!! Unless this is just to stir everything up on a hot summer's night!! :woot: :whistle: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:44 PM »
But it is probably way back in the posts. And opinions change throughout time, and so does technology.

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Like IW said, that's like Ford vs Chevy or any other brand loyalty out there!! Check out the threads and see what others think!! But in the end, no matter what anyone else says or thinks, it's up to you to decide! It's your money and you have to be satisfied with whatever your choice is!! Unless this is just to stir everything up on a hot summer's night!! :woot: :whistle: ;)2
True...

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:54 PM »
True...
What's true? That the rookie is just stirring the pot on a hot summers night :woot:  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :callcops:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:57 PM »
But it is probably way back in the posts. And opinions change throughout time, and so does technology.
If you want the latest in technology, buy the new Marcum LX-9 for $1200 ! Can you afford that ??? :whistle: ;)2

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2012, 03:11 AM »
I personally would rather skip the flasher and stick my head down the hole.can't get anymore real time than that ;D but im selllling my humminbird nd getting marcum lx7.that's my vote

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:52 AM »
A Wise man once said a picture is worth a thousand words !  ;)2

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Why do you guys keep making fun of me? Huh? Who cares if i am a rookie and 14 years old. and yea i can afford it... cuse i can get VIP price. And i only asked this cuse me and a buddy got into an argument about this and we just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were.

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:13 AM »
But in the end, no matter what anyone else says or thinks, it's up to you to decide! It's your money and you have to be satisfied with whatever your choice is!! Unless this is just to stir everything up on a hot summer's night!! :woot: :whistle: ;)2
This is what i meant that was "true"....

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:35 AM »
This is what i meant that was "true"....
I was just teasing with you!! By the time you have the money to buy, there will be newer technology that will surpass the LX-9.  I would like to see 360 degree viewing!! That's the next big thing. They have it for softwater, but the transducer is humongous!! :woot: ;)2 :whistle:

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:01 PM »
RWD12 no need to get upset about this. An awful lot of posters here, me included, view these type of threads as pointless irritations. We've seen them far too often. There is no right answer to your question, only ones opinion. What I perceive as the best sonar for me, may not suit you/others at all. All that being said.

The best sonar is the one you own, know how to use and has the features you want/need. Because in the end it doesn't really matter what we think is the best, as it's only an opinion.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:02 PM »
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:04 PM »
I was just teasing with you!! By the time you have the money to buy, there will be newer technology that will surpass the LX-9.  I would like to see 360 degree viewing!! That's the next big thing. They have it for softwater, but the transducer is humongous!! :woot: ;)2 :whistle:
Ok, ic. and yea, that will prob. happen. But as of now i have 845$ and my B-Day is in Oct so there comes more $$$ so i should have around 1,200$ by the time Winter rolls around ( hopefully soon! ) and i was told to get some rods and reels, more tackle and i need a gas auger ( debating on either the Lazer Pro or the new 4 stroke by S.M. ) so we will see how much i have once i take care of that stuff. Good thing though that my parents are paying 500$ of the auger ( for 8th grade graduation and B-Day ) so i will be set when ice comes.  :tipup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)2 :icefish:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Why do you guys keep making fun of me? Huh? Who cares if i am a rookie and 14 years old. and yea i can afford it... cuse i can get VIP price. And i only asked this cuse me and a buddy got into an argument about this and we just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:08 PM »
RWD12 no need to get upset about this. An awful lot of posters here, me included, view these type of threads as pointless irritations. We've seen them far too often. There is no right answer to your question, only ones opinion. What I perceive as the best sonar for me, may not suit you/others at all. All that being said.

The best sonar is the one you own, know how to use and has the features you want/need. Because in the end it doesn't really matter what we think is the best, as it's only an opinion.

And as many find out each year after buying the newest, best, hottest product on the market, something comes along and tops it!! Just find something you like, and can afford,  and go fishing!! ;)2 :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 PM »
RWD12, keep asking questions as it is how ya learn, but ya have to realize that when ya ask for opinions you are gonna get em and they don't all agree.  ;)2

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:16 PM »
RWD12, keep asking questions as it is how ya learn, but ya have to realize that when ya ask for opinions you are gonna get em and they don't all agree.  ;)2
Will do. and true that!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:20 PM »
$845 for goodies??!!! Good Gawd!!! Us poor busted up old fart's could live on that for a month!!!! Send me half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 PM »
surflizard! how did u get the arm for the flasher red? wat paint did u use it looks great.
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Will do. and true that!
And just realize that most of us are just a little older than you, and that more ice has passed under our butts than you've seen in your whole life!! lolol... Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one!! :woot: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :clap: ;)2 :whistle:

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:27 PM »
$845 for toys??!!! Good Gawd!!! Us poor busted up old fart's could live on that for a month!!!! Send me half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o
Whatcha mean month?? That's more than I get in a year. I keep hoping someone with all this fancy new equipment will take me fishin. My lead line gets heavy by the end of the day ya know. MARK TWAIN!!!!  :o ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:35 PM »
  You gonna share?

(Image removed from quote.)

I'll cover the drinks!!! I've got just 3 bottles of Root beer left.... ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:37 PM »
Don't I always jiggy???  ;D
Is this going to be a double feature??? Oh goody!! I'l have to see if the nurse here in the old far, I mean folks home will let me!! :roflmao: ;)2 :whistle: Save a root beer for me Reb!! :thumbsup:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 PM »
I don't know if it will be a double feature or not, but I'm gonna unlock the gate to the old farts cage just in case.  :o ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Sailor, We'll have to split one....I do have some straws left from my hospital stay!!!
 Ya got any peanuts?? Might be a long show... >:D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:43 PM »
I don't know if it will be a double feature or not, but I'm gonna unlock the gate to the old farts cage just in case.  :o ;D
I'm hobbling in your direction as soon as I can find out where they hid my walker!! :roflmao: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.