Author Topic: Vexilar rebuttal to the Lx-7?  (Read 11101 times)

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar rebuttal to the Lx-7?
« Reply #90 on: Apr 22, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Food for thought...

If Vexilar were to come out with something new, you can bet your last dollar that it will be a good product, and has been tested thoroughly..  Before last winter, the LX-7 never even saw ice.  They didn't even have a working model at I-cast last July.

I haven't used an LX-7 so I can't comment on its function, but there sure were alot of comments when they first came out about it having problems.  The one good thing is that they were able to upgrade and fix these issues I think.  (Pain in the ace though)
How heavy is the LX-7 compared to other flashers?  Looks like it should weigh a ton.

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Apr 22, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Food for thought...

If Vexilar were to come out with something new, you can bet your last dollar that it will be a good product, and has been tested thoroughly.. 

I disagree with this and I can give two examples that I am aware of, I do however believe that Vexilar is a quality product, as well as Marcum

1. The FL-18 the first year they were out needed to be sent back for re-programing to correct a bottom jumping issue (if you have a FL-18 call vex and tell them you want to know if your unit needs the update)

2. The tri-beam ice ducer in its first year had a bad switch or sonar crystal for the 12*

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #92 on: Apr 22, 2012, 06:07 PM »
I disagree with this and I can give two examples that I am aware of, I do however believe that Vexilar is a quality product, as well as Marcum

1. The FL-18 the first year they were out needed to be sent back for re-programing to correct a bottom jumping issue (if you have a FL-18 call vex and tell them you want to know if your unit needs the update)

2. The tri-beam ice ducer in its first year had a bad switch or sonar crystal for the 12*

and the marcum also had a crystal issue in there trans ducers more power is not always the right answer tool time was a good teacher  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.