Author Topic: Brand New Vexilar Unit in Developement?  (Read 13631 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Brand New Vexilar Unit in Developement?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:16 AM »

I would love to see vexilar come out with a new unit that's got a 10inch led screen that would allow side by side digital vertical flasher and underwater camera on the same screen.
Maybe if enough people send emails to Vex requesting this it could influence them.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Unless it can cook a steak, I think I'll stick with my Lowrance for now.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Might as well incorporate a camera option as well.

Vex already makes a system where you can run a camera and a flasher in the same unit...

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:01 AM »
I'm not trying to start anything but if you take it apart and look inside most of the components are made in china. Because it's a sad fact it's getting harder and harder to find things made in the USA!!!!!
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:22 AM »
First, Vex has got to get up to the level of a Lowrance x67c.....

I have both ......  the lowrance hasn't seen the ice this year  ;)

The vex is way better in deep water ..... and doesn't have interference issues like the lowrance.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Ha ha love it.  Would vex know how to make new technology? 

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:10 PM »
Some of you guys are more concerned with blowing money on the latest flasher then being happy with what you have and what works.  The LX-7 isnt going to bring in more fish then the Lx-5 or Lx-3. Some of you guys eat up what the marketers say and then go for seconds. Smoke in mirrors.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:48 PM »
I have both ......  the lowrance hasn't seen the ice this year  ;)

The vex is way better in deep water ..... and doesn't have interference issues like the lowrance.

stepped it up to the Vex, uh?   Now those lakers are REALLY in trouble SOF!

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:25 PM »
I would be quite surprised if they weren't developing a new unit. I would also be surprised if all of the other companies weren't doing the same, including Marcum working on an LX-9. Any good company always has future technology and ideas in the works.

As far as Vexilar specifically, they would be idiots to not be working on an LCD multi-display and upgradeable unit. Too much hype around the LX-7 to ignore the fact that this is what a large percentage of the market wants.

Even though I am sure they are working on it, the big question is how quick will they have it ready. This fall? If not by the fall of 2013 they could be left in the dust.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:26 PM »
I would be quite surprised if they weren't developing a new unit. I would also be surprised if all of the other companies weren't doing the same, including Marcum working on an LX-9. Any good company always has future technology and ideas in the works.

As far as Vexilar specifically, they would be idiots to not be working on an LCD multi-display and upgradeable unit. Too much hype around the LX-7 to ignore the fact that this is what a large percentage of the market wants.

my thoughts - keep the guts of the fl-18, put those in a LCD display, upgrade the ducer' capability to tell what direction fish are off to the side of the cone.

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:29 PM »
upgrade the ducer' capability to tell what direction fish are off to the side of the cone.

That would be very cool.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:31 PM »
I think all the units work well.  I myself own a showdown.  But you cant talk bad about vex that has been in bussines for a very long time.  I have see some old vexilars used and beat up and they keep on ticking.

Offline BBBnTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Except on the back of my both my vex Its says Made in china  ::)

And your proud of that ??From what I understand parts are made in china and assembled here in America......

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #43 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:22 PM »
And your proud of that ??From what I understand parts are made in china and assembled here in America......
Heck No! i was just saying that it has a big sticker on the back of it saying Made in China/japan, And as fall as being assembled in America that means nothing to me i can assembly the components on a vex in under a minute lmao, theres nothing to them! (on a side note, I have two vexs and love em both)
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline BBBnTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:26 PM »
 I already said this, I have nothing against vexilar I have owned several Thought everyone was top of the line .............
These days I find myself wanting to support any product that (may have even the slightest chance) of keeping an
American working and supporting his family

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:29 PM »
I had one. Sure glad someone else has to use it now.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:12 PM »
I think all the units work well.  I myself own a showdown.  But you cant talk bad about vex that has been in bussines for a very long time.  I have see some old vexilars used and beat up and they keep on ticking.

thats not a tick that more of noisy loud rattle. 

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:34 PM »
I use an FL20, but bought a VX1-P because I wanted a second unit.  First of all, fit and finish on the Marcum doesn't come close to a Vex.  The Marcum is SIGNIFICANTLY louder than the Vex.  The transducer ticking is very loud.  The transducer on the Marcum looks like a Little Tikes toy.  No doubt in my mind that the Vex is the superior unit.  Marcums say "Made in USA with domestic AND Foreign components.  So that argument is void.  Only edge I can say Marcum has, is that it comes with a carrying case. 

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Except on the back of my both my vex Its says Made in china  ::)

Both mine say "Made in Japan".

Regardless what is on any of the labels on any marine electronic a lot of the components are sourced from overseas, Asia specifically.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:17 PM »
While I have nothing against Marcum at all, and I am sure it is a great little unit when they get everything figured out. But I just have a quick question for all of you who think the LX-7 is new technology...how long have LCD fishfinders been out now? The heated screen has been out for a few years now as well. Now if someone were to figure out how to incorporate side imaging into a stationary sonar unit... :o
But anyway, I do find it funny though that I do not see too many posts about how "LCD units are crap" and the "old flasher" technology is the way to go anymore. Now its more posts of how Vexilar technology is old and outdated, yet Marcum, and Humminbird still produce units with this "old, outdated technology"! Go figure...

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:54 PM »
A little off the topic of this thread..but the whole made over seas thing does suck.  But for company's to stay competitive they are forced to have stuff made over seas.  I work for a company that said they would never have anything made over seas.  But once your compeditor goes over seas and sells their product cheaper it forces you to do the same.  We had this happen to us.  On a good note China's economy is going downhill and they are having to pay their workers more money, in return making it cost more for us to have things made there.  It is bringing more work back to the US.  I know my place of work has pulled things back to the US, and we have a goal to bring EVERTHING back to the USA.  I hope other company's do the same. Its kind of a catch 22.  Sorry for the rant.  lol

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:16 PM »
The LX-7 isnt going to bring in more fish then the Lx-5 or Lx-3. Some of you guys eat up what the marketers say and then go for seconds. Smoke in mirrors.

i dont think so either. what is at the end of your line will catch the fish. these flashers just show you the fish. people bought the LX-7 because of the features it has. i mean the LX-7 shows Sonar Footprint technology displays a 3-dimensional area of bottom coverage at any depth, with either 8o or 20o transducer cone angles (ex: 20o – 32-ft depth - 11.3 ft ‘footprint diameter’. yes i got this of their website :D) this is pretty cool. and, some other stuff.

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:18 PM »
I use an FL20, but bought a VX1-P because I wanted a second unit.  First of all, fit and finish on the Marcum doesn't come close to a Vex.  The Marcum is SIGNIFICANTLY louder than the Vex.  The transducer ticking is very loud.  The transducer on the Marcum looks like a Little Tikes toy.  No doubt in my mind that the Vex is the superior unit.  Marcums say "Made in USA with domestic AND Foreign components.  So that argument is void.  Only edge I can say Marcum has, is that it comes with a carrying case.

the vex quieter than a marcum? are you serious?  lmao

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Who ever develops side imaging in an ice unit will get my full attention... ;D

I have seen this in high end Humminbird charts, they may be the ones to do it.. Just be ready to drop $2K on a fish finder!!! :o

Too much brand loyalty is a very bad thing... imo.... just sayin... ;)

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:22 PM »
One thing you can count on is when Vex comes out with a new unit it will cost ya.... Remember the 50th units, $600 for a unit with a sticker on it...

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Ok I will say it! Does marcum have a double vision package available ?   buzzzzzzzz.  nope! I have it and love it! All fits in a 7 gallon bucket! 
Gator Nation

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:48 PM »
One thing you can count on is when Vex comes out with a new unit it will cost ya.... Remember the 50th units, $600 for a unit with a sticker on it...

I totally agree. Vex definitely makes you pay for their stuff and I don't really understand their high prices. They've been making the same things for decades and price has never gone down. I guess its the fault of our fellow anglers who keep paying for them lol.

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:03 PM »
They've been making the same things for decades

This is there biggest selling point,  when you hear about all of the issues with Marcum, Humminbird, Showdown or Lowrance, how often do you hear about issues with Vexilar's?  Regardless if you like them or not, you have to give them props for there durability.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:15 PM »
So far that answer is to continue to provide working units based on sound technology that work great right outta the box, instead of providing bells and whistles and a machine that allready has 12 someodd versions of software being tested to "fix" the $700 mistake they rushed to put on shelves.
All I know is when I plop my FL-18 on the ice , it works, plain and simple. The dial doesn`t stop spinning mid-use and snap off because of a weak manufacturing point, and it doesn`t require to be sent back repeatedly for "software upgrades" . (BANDAIDS)
Talk all day about how this ones better than that one, target separation, watts, etc, I`ll be fishing instead of talkin.

do you still use a compass? or have you graduated to gps yet?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Why does any type of electronics thread have to degrade into mindless bashing?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.