Author Topic: Fl-20  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fl-20
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:19 PM »
LMAO!! with any flasher if your bait is a red spot  that usually means turn your gain down ::)

dont you mean the gain is way up? i didnt see my buddy's gain on the his vex. maybe he had it to high and that is how he liked it?

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #61 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Yeah the gain is turned up to high he should turn it down so all he sees is a little green line then when the fish come in it will go from green to yellow to red....
FISH ON

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:47 PM »

dont you mean the gain is way up? i didnt see my buddy's gain on the his vex. maybe he had it to high and that is how he liked it?

No, he is EXACTLY right...if your bait appears as red or even orange, turn down the gain because it's WAY too high.

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:05 PM »

they are both right you say potatoe and he says potahto

Offline onemoreperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:22 PM »
i'm sure you'll be happy with your fl20, and since you've already purchased it, i see no sense in the endless blather coming from the Marcum trolls, there's no way those remarks can offer you any productive information.....

any unit will do the job, some different, not necessarily better..take the technology remarks with a grain of salt, guys like esox mag will always be around to tell you about their "higher quality" gear, god help you if you don't have a nils... heck, one time i saw a vexilar guy outfish a marcum guy, but the marcum guy was sitting down, so from his experience, he now fishes standing up to avoid that problem ;D ;D.... lol  i've read about the 20" walleyes that he saw the vex miss in more than one thread, so lets chisel in stone that vex's won't pick up anything under 20" on the bottom of the lake... ??? can you say WINDBAG? i wonder if he's given up on the Vikings, since they are in the cellar of the NFC North, clearly not worthy of his time... ;D ;D

i regularly fish with a lx5, lx3tc, and an old fl18... about the only "real" difference you'll notice is the vex is not as quiet as the Marcums, but the fl18 is still my first choice because i'm more comfortable with it...

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:37 PM »
That's funny Shawn, aren't you just a recreational fisherman too?  I've never seen your name in any of the tournament rosters for ice fishing ???

No interest in fishing ice tourneys, I fish ice for food and fun times with friends after a long summer of tourneys.... I have fished with many tourney ice anglers, being a tourney angler doesn't mean your a good fisherman.... I only fish 130-140 days a year so yes I guess I'm just a recreational fisherman...Would be more but I work 50 hours a week on top of the fishing time....

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Never inferred that being a tournament angler makes you a good fisherman.  I just don't care for your condescending comments of fellow fisherman.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Agree all we was trying to do is talk about vexilars and u had to come in here with blablabla mine is better than yours blablabla
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Not here to win poulartiy contests, besides how can you judge anyone without knowing them...but knowing your circle of friends I totaly understand....

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Nils power auger, Marcum LX-7 AND LX-5, 3D tv, who knows what else. Too bad money doesn't buy happiness.

Never inferred that being a tournament angler makes you a good fisherman.  I just don't care for your condescending comments of fellow fisherman.

:bow: Thank you. I can not stand people who think they are better than everybody. Especially because they have the most expensive auger and flasher that money can buy. I kind of feel bad for him though, he has an LX-7!  :roflmao:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #70 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Aqua Vue made the showdown, Marcum just ended up with it when they bought back the rights to the Marcum name when AV went bust...Can't comment on that, never used one, but my first year made LX-5 is still going strong....Keep diluting yourselvs that Vex is best, and Vex has not been without it's own issues on new releases in the past... Remember the problematic Tri Beam from last season or the current poor quality camera currently on the market using componets others have moved on from in favor of higher quality....or the need yet for a LP mode since they can't figure out how to zero out the gain....poor interference rejection....poor seperation..... thick az fuzzy lines.... 2 color to make 3..... even the most die hard vex user has to want more and better from their unit... I did and why I switched long ago and couldn't be happier....then  the recreational beer drinking ice fisherman won't mind....
  HT , I think he means us with that last line  ;D He's right , I dont mind  @)

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Not here to win poulartiy contests, besides how can you judge anyone without knowing them...but knowing your circle of friends I totaly understand....
Is this directed at me?  I sure hope it isn't, you don't want to have a conversation about character and poor decision making with me.  That's one argument you won't win Shawn. ;)

Offline Phish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Can anybody explain why a VEXILAR post turned into a pissing contest with marcum?

I can't explain why, but it's obvious on "who" turned it into.  It's usually the same couple members who feel the need to post in every Vexilar thread about how Vexilar is outdated and marcum is the best thing ever.

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Another ridiculous thread of my weenie is bigger and has more features then yours. I own a FL 20 and love it and think it's a really nice unit and I trust the technology that is however old and doesn't need changed or updated. All of the top end flasher units are nice from what I've observed but I haven't seen the LX 7 in person yet but it does like nice. Like any new thing that involves technology and new technology at that will more then likely have issues. But you should all be happy to even own a flasher cause I know quite a few guys that can't afford them and would love to have any of the mentioned flashers. Quit being a bunch of Bi#^$es and follow the thread. I think Fl 20 or something like that is what it was called. So if you have informative info on the FL 20 share, if not go find another thread to share your info on something else.  ;D Happy fishing to all of you and may your flashers help you catch more fish whatever the brand me be.

Offline Phish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Still waiting

All you had to do was go to Vexilar's website.   Plenty of info on their site.

Q: What improvements does the FL-20 have over the FL-18?
A: The FL-20 has a flat screen that delivers a larger display that won't trap in rain or snow and increases the viewing angle by 50%. It has two auto zoom ranges that split the screen to let you focus on the bottom 6 or 12 feet of the water column. It also has a night mode that allows you to cut the output of the LED display by 50% to avoid getting night blindness. The FL-20 also has a built-in low battery indicator.

Q: What improvements does the FL-12 have over the FL-8SE?
A: The FL-12 has a flat screen that delivers a larger display that won't trap in rain or snow and increases the viewing angle by 50%. A new enhanced receiver gives you cleaner signals and less noise.

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:02 PM »

All you had to do was go to Vexilar's website.   Plenty of info on their site.

Q: What improvements does the FL-20 have over the FL-18?
A: The FL-20 has a flat screen that delivers a larger display that won't trap in rain or snow and increases the viewing angle by 50%. It has two auto zoom ranges that split the screen to let you focus on the bottom 6 or 12 feet of the water column. It also has a night mode that allows you to cut the output of the LED display by 50% to avoid getting night blindness. The FL-20 also has a built-in low battery indicator.

Q: What improvements does the FL-12 have over the FL-8SE?
A: The FL-12 has a flat screen that delivers a larger display that won't trap in rain or snow and increases the viewing angle by 50%. A new enhanced receiver gives you cleaner signals and less noise.

FL-20 only has the flat screen and dims the led light. so basically its still a fl-18 with just a flat screen.

the FL-12 is an FL-8 with flat screen.

if you wanna play more cash just for that be my guest  ;D

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #76 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Nils power auger, Marcum LX-7 AND LX-5, 3D tv, who knows what else. Too bad money doesn't buy happiness.

:bow: Thank you. I can not stand people who think they are better than everybody. Especially because they have the most expensive auger and flasher that money can buy. I kind of feel bad for him though, he has an LX-7!  :roflmao:

THIS!!!
Rod Woten

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #77 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Is this directed at me?  I sure hope it isn't, you don't want to have a conversation about character and poor decision making with me.  That's one argument you won't win Shawn. ;)

THIS!
Rod Woten

Offline mydogcarl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:15 PM »

Meh...  he's back...  don't you miss your rock?  Maybe you should crawl back under it, since you are offering no useful information to this thread  ::)

Back on topic...  the FL-20 is a great flasher and will definitely help you put fish on the ice.  Congrats man, you have one of the best flashers on the market...  consider a Tri-Beam upgrade down the road  :clap:
Mike

Offline Phish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:16 PM »
FL-20 only has the flat screen and dims the led light. so basically its still a fl-18 with just a flat screen.

the FL-12 is an FL-8 with flat screen.

if you wanna play more cash just for that be my guest  ;D

You forgot to add the dependability of the Vexilar units......hard to put a price on that.

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 03, 2012, 12:22 AM »

You forgot to add the dependability of the Vexilar units......hard to put a price on that.

;D

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:31 AM »
I love my fl-20
FISH ON

Offline Tim l

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Thanks to all vex owners for the info and to all the marcum owners I didn't ask witch one was better  i asked what the vex owners thought about them thanks for nothing marcum owners ;) ;)

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Love my FL-20!!!!!!  I had a tri-beam on it, but went back to the 12 degree.  The tri- beam was huge. 

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #84 on: Jan 03, 2012, 07:04 PM »
good choice I have fl20 and 22 and show down lx 5 and going north to fish ice is thin and dont take anything i dont use with me so im only taking my fl 20 its so good and dont interfer with other sonars
Never to many short poles

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #85 on: Jan 03, 2012, 07:17 PM »
love vex! fl 20 all the way!

Offline number905

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Just bought a FL-20 and got to use it yesterday. So far I love it and was impressed by how easy it is to use. Now I just have to buy a soft pack for it...

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2012, 07:35 PM »
wow 5 pages of arguing on what is better ??? ??? i can say only one thing. i bought my vex FL20 3 years ago and i love the piece of equipment and have caught thousands opon thousands of fish using it. and last saturday was NO exception. just put a hurtin on the gills and crappies in 20' of water. would not have done that with out good electronics. How many guys on this thread can say that they ice fished last saturday ??? ??? ??? not many i bet so that is why everyone is at each others throats right now. once again this started out as a Vex thread so if you want to argue that marcums and humming birds ect are better then go start a thread of your own and you can all go over there and pat yourseves on the backs saying that your are the best out there ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :afro:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Oh My God People! Get over it! It is the internet!

As if every Marcum, Hummingbird, Or Lowrance thread didnt get poluted with "vex people" who have only used  a vex saying "I love my fl-whaterver, it is the best"...

Personally I wish there was an internet rule like this...

rule 1A: section 1 - An individual can only comment on a product if they have spent considerable time with said product and a similar product from another manufacturer.

Because comments like "my HumMarVexLow is awesome, I love it" mean nothing. Ofcourse you love it - any fishfinder is an awesome tool, and you spent good money on it!!!

I put alot more stock in comments that say - I have used XYZ, RGB, and ASDFG. They all worked good. I like feature BNM on RGB because I found it easier to view. ASDFG was nice because of HJKL. Apples to apples I like RGB.

For me, personally I have used 5-6 diff models from 3 diff manufacturers. None of them caught any more fish than the other. The man behind the trigger did. I do perfer the display and features on my LX-3 over them all though and apples to apples the VX-1 is a sweet deal.  ;D

Off my soap-box now and off to troll the internet for more non-sence...

Offline sjmorgan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I do not have a fl 20 but I do have a fl 22, and absolutely love it. The customer service at vex are the best people to deal with. I had problems with one of the first tri beams, and called them , told them the problem and they guy told me he would test one at the shop and send it right to me for free no shipping. He just asked me to send the old one back so they could research the problem. Very happy customer. I am considering a fl 20 for deep water. 99 percent of my fishing is less than 20 ft.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.