Author Topic: X67- Glad I figued THAT out!  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
X67- Glad I figued THAT out!
« on: Dec 12, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I took my new x67 out this weekend and was happy overall but today in particular I was getting quite concerned that my medium sized jig was disappearing in 12FOW if I didn't move it. Since I do a lot of deadsticking that would be a pretty big deal. I had read about the best settings to use and set mine accordinly beforehand. At the end of today I was going through menus to see if I could remedy the problem and sure enough, turning the sensitivity DOWN made my jig reappear! Seems so counterintuitive to me but it was the fix. After correction I could easily read my tiny bare pan fry jig in 12' holding dead still and I'm confident I could do it much deeper. I'm glad I learned how critical that setting is because I was afraid I had gotten into a spendy 'grass is greener' situations. I was also happy to see it gets along just fine with my ICE45. Now I can lend my bird to buddies who fish with me.

Offline skitterpop

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: X67- Glad I figued THAT out!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip, if I ever get ice I will have to remember that.  I would have been cranking the sensitivity up and cursing that it did not work.  Great tip.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Thanks also-- new x67 owner here & would've boosted sensitivity likewise
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline snuffcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Maybe its like crankin the scope on your rifle up to 9 power and having all the little branches that are closer to you disappear from the view???? ???

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Do you have the speed on max?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Yes, the ping speed is maxed out. Slowing it down didn't help but I think the sensitivity adjustment down did the trick so far.

Snuff, I think more the opposite, the close branches (stationary jig) disappeared when I turned the parallax (sensitivity max) to the yardage of my target. Slight adjustment from my mind's perceived optimal setting made all the difference in the world.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2011, 04:47 AM »
and don't for get to adjust your upper and lower limits when fishing deeper water big help

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Yes new X67 owner here I had the same problem off a dock >:(
Thanks
Filetandrelease if I only fish shallow 25 feet and under what should I do with the limits
What setting do you recommend for scroll speed?
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2011, 03:53 PM »
I own a x67 also an was wondering what setting for surface clarity is best on the ice thanks an it might help for all the members to know sensitivity % chart speed , colorline
Dont be Skunked

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Yes new X67 owner here I had the same problem off a dock >:(
Thanks
Filetandrelease if I only fish shallow 25 feet and under what should I do with the limits
What setting do you recommend for scroll speed?
[/quote

when fishing that shallow you might just want to put it on 2X zoom ,or change to what is the most suspended fish you might catch and give a little leeway , go like 10 on upper and 26 on lower that gives you 16' to play ,what i do is run the 2X zoom up to 30' and adjust the color and those little bottom huggers can't hide ,takes a little playing with to suit your needs ,trust me they can't hide ,the memory is a great tool ,and by the way i only run graph mode because i am so use to the boat ,and is way cool to see a line running up to become dinner hope this of some help , and scroll is 100% pm me anytime i will try and help 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2011, 04:56 PM »
I own a x67 also an was wondering what setting for surface clarity is best on the ice thanks an it might help for all the members to know sensitivity % chart speed , colorline

clarity is off on my lake  chart speed i use is 100% and color line is 74% but this is just my preference and ping at 100%

Offline snuffcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:34 PM »
surface clarity            high (optional) just clears out some of the noise at the top of the display caused by the ice
chart and ping          100%
chart manual mode "checked"
noise rej.                   low--unless you need it
color                          75 to 85  preference?
overlay data              depth and voltage  "small "     (minimizes the depth disply #'s) preference?
Ice mode                   checked (to use flasher display)
zoom                         optional (split 2x in graph mode is my pref.)depends on depth you fish
sensitivity                  Just high enough to see your jig. this setting is the one I end up adjusting the most.

Note : Sensitivity setting effects interference(even if noise rej. on high doesn't clear it), if you have a buddy with an x67. one notch up or down can make a big difference for both of you.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:15 PM »
yea but you don't need ice mode to use the flasher it is just a preference ,and i do the same with all my Lowrance's , it is all up to the individuals preference ,but setting up the color really makes them stick out , but i only fish for eyes and perch and seldom fish less than 25'

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Good lord, I am thinking I might have gone over my head with the X67, maybe I should have good with the Marcum... ;D.  Anyway, thanks for the help with the settings snuffcan.

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:53 PM »
It's not so hard to get set up. A few times on the ice with it and you will begin to dial it in and soon you wont even think about it as the settings will become natural. It just takes getting out there and seeing how the settings apply to the real world.

I like how you can set it to pick up the bottom jiggers and have the graph history to watch the movement across the screen.

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:02 PM »

For best results, use a Lowrance PTI-WSU/WBL ice transducer and run your machine in SONAR CHART mode, either in full or split screen zoom, whichever you prefer. There is NO advantage to flasher mode that I can see, that's old school, and the chart is so much easier to interpret.  You can also learn a lot more from the chart - bottom content, size of fish, detection of fish on a break in a sonar deadzone, etc.  There are some pretty decent videos online. To see this for yourself- search YouTube for X-67C Lowrance Ice Machine.

Start with these settings:

*CHART SPEED and PING SPEED to 100%.
*SURFACE CLARITY and NOISE REJECTION to off or low
*AUTO SENSITIVITY off
*AUTO DEPTH off

Adjustments as needed:

1. Set the UPPER and LOWER DEPTH RANGE LIMITS to display all or the part of the water column you are interested in targeting.

2. Use ZOOM when fishing in deeper water. I like 2X or more ZOOM in anything deeper than 10'. Use the ARROW keys to adjust the ZOOM window up or down so you are seeing the desired depth range.

3. Adjust SENSITIVITY up or down until lure can be easily seen (usually 60-90% depending on water conditions).

4. Adjust COLORLINE if needed so that the lure is just starting to turn blue. When a decent sized fish comes in it will usually show some red or even yellow on the display.  The colors might vary depending on model/background palette color.

5. If getting interference from other flashers (or other noise) use NOISE REJECTION and or SURFACE CLARITY filters to tune it out.
*Start at low and work your way up to high as needed. You'll have to adjust your SENSITIVITY after each increase in filter level.
*In extreme cases of interference from other flashers, you may have to adjust the PING SPEED and/or raise or lower your transducer in the hole a few inches.   Using these tips and running in CHART MODE, I've never had a problem tuning out other flashers.

The above information will work with any Lowrance or Eagle graph set up to ice fish like the X67C, 334C, or the 522C.

Good Luck, I hope this helps you get your Lowrance unit performing like it should.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2011, 01:04 AM »
Thanks for the settings tips. I bought an x67 ice machine tonight for so cheap that I couldn't not buy it. Somebody STOP ME! :)
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:13 PM »
you can't compare a hd5 to a 67c here are the stats the 67 is a 320x 240 the 5 is 480x480 and color on the 5 is 16 bit   so here is what eyes look like on a 67c with one coming up to the lure ,and he was tasty  ;)

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:23 PM »
You are right, the settings I use for an HDS are slightly different than I listed above, and I am more familiar with the LMS-334C and LMS-522C having used them before the HDS series.  But I do fish with several friends that have X-67C's.

Here is incoming on an HDS-5.  The lure is a 1/4oz Lindy Rattl'n Flyer spoon:

Tasty 19" walleye coming to the top:

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:12 PM »
I have only been out once this year but this is all I got on that trip. ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:44 AM »

hey Purple Floyd i thinhk they are great units i also have a hds5  and two on the boat thats why i went with them on the ice ,and now my poor vex fl18 deep stays home , but ice is required  :'(

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:11 AM »

hey Purple Floyd i thinhk they are great units i also have a hds5  and two on the boat thats why i went with them on the ice ,and now my poor vex fl18 deep stays home , but ice is required  :'(

Oh I do too. prefer the graph mode to flashers and this one does a great job. The Vex sticker is just on there to gain acceptance from the anti- lowrance crowd. ;D 

I bought a 5.6 showdown but it looks like my son will be the one using that unit.

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Vexilar makes some NICE accessories  ;D

I can't use the Lowrance Portable Ice Pack, it's too tall to fit under the deck of my Otter sled.

Jim Carroll NPAA#13

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:39 PM »
well JIMC-ND that is a nice set up  :thumbsup:

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:50 PM »
love the trophies in the back ground some day I'll have some of them my ice pack just fits in a 6 gallon water tight seal bucket though.
BUT I gotta say the zippers on it suck.... Id be better off with a..... never mind I'll put a patent on that somb***h.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.