Author Topic: Snowshoeing for Browns and Bows!  (Read 795 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Snowshoeing for Browns and Bows!
« on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Samantha (GF) and I went up to Grand Mesa recently to do some ice fishing. We got the snowshoes on and walked a mile in to a lake that was full of Rainbows and Browns! The walk in was nice and sunny and when we got there...it of course started to storm lol. Sam wasn't feeling good when we woke up that day but she is a trooper and toughed it out. We got into a bunch of fish so that definitely helped too!

The Lake we hit had about 2 Feet of snow covering a solid 13" of ice. We fished near the current on the side of the lake where the water was flowing out; so the ice wasn't as thick! (thank god, still have my hand auger lol)
Caught Rainbows and Browns (some pictured below), and have been told there is Brookies and Cutty's in the lake as well.
Overall, really fun day! Got some great drone footage and had fun with the edits! If you choose to check it out, I hope you enjoy it!!

Offline WesternSlopeFlyNIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Snowshoeing for Browns and Bows!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:53 PM »
im bringing my GF out for the first time this weekend!

Hope she does as well as yours!
Prolific fisherman! keep the content coming my man !

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Tyler good times as always up there for you. I am jealous of where you live man and hope to vacation there in the spring.  I love that swedish pimple you're using my go to for every species. :)
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2020, 07:51 PM »
im bringing my GF out for the first time this weekend!

Hope she does as well as yours!
Prolific fisherman! keep the content coming my man !

That's Awesome man! I hope it works out for you two out there! My GF Loves ice fishing now and it's her favorite type of fishing as well too. Didn't see it coming so you never know!! Glad you've been enjoying man, appreciate the support!!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2020, 07:52 PM »
Tyler good times as always up there for you. I am jealous of where you live man and hope to vacation there in the spring.  I love that swedish pimple you're using my go to for every species. :)

Thanks Cro! I definitely feel blessed to be in the area i'm at. Can't beat living 45 minutes away from the Mesa!! Can't wait to fish with you over here man! I got the idea from your channel lol, it's become one of my favorites and Sam's too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.