Author Topic: It’s ok, you can post something, even if it’s not ice fishing related!  (Read 7159 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Come on gang!  6 hours since the last post!  Mine!  Let’s get a little activity going on in here!  Post something! Anything!  This time of year almost anything goes!  Post away!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
So tell ya what

Went out yesterday afternoon to a public lake that had a bad flood and summer kill last August. Bad press has left it alone for almost a year  ;D

Third cast I caught an 11 inch crappie when I threw into a boil of fry. The reed lines had 9 inch bluegill ready for bed and ripping line. Went to the riprap, and found bass coming to hand. Then the wind started up, and suddenly I was fighting a 7 lb channel cat.  I even found two saugeye. Six species in two hours if you count green sunfish (which I don't)

Every one came on one inch Gulp Fry on a 1/16 oz jig a foot under a stick bobber. Match the hatch . I'm glad I hit Menards when the jars were on clearance for under two bucks a pop

Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
I really hate being a welder.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Couldn't get up on the mountain yet and proably wont until the end of June. So the wife and I went to a City lake with my little boat and caught Trout2 Very large Crappie and 1 Bass. I was throwing my lure to the shore line and hit a log, when the lure bounced back into the lake I caught that bass.

<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
So the last few years ive been throwing my leftover golden shiners in the pond and hoping it gets populated with them.look at the size of these monsters.wont see that size out of a baitshop!lol.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
In my "neighbors" yard last month.   That's why I stop feeding the birds when the snow melts..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
My new zero turn mower two weeks tomorrow.  Researched and shopped for a month.  Kept coming back to the Scag Turf Tiger.  Still learning to use the sticks, but it’s a pleasure to use and it cuts and discharges like a dream.

DN

PS.  No, I did not get a deal!  :roflmao: :whistle:

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's hilarious d.n i was just going to post that i just got back from town with a brand new kubota zero turn.  beautiful machine, sure makes cutting the grass more enjoyable!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
that's hilarious d.n i was just going to post that i just got back from town with a brand new kubota zero turn.  beautiful machine, sure makes cutting the grass more enjoyable!

Congrats!  I looked at Kubotas too!  Learning to steer with the sticks is challenging, but once you start to get the hang of it, you can really start mowing with some speed.  I’ve already cut 25 mins off of my mowing time, and by no means am I ready for the ZTR olympics yet!  :roflmao:

Let’s see some pics!

DN

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am posting this pic here also.  Have you ever seen a perch without strips?  I caught this one last Winter. 

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
OK

UPDATE

I just passed wind.
More updates required?????

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
My new zero turn mower two weeks tomorrow.  Researched and shopped for a month.  Kept coming back to the Scag Turf Tiger.  Still learning to use the sticks, but it’s a pleasure to use and it cuts and discharges like a dream.

DN

PS.  No, I did not get a deal!  :roflmao: :whistle:

Sweet mower...  I have to many trees to mow around and under.
I have two of these.  Ones a walk behind and the 3 wheel .

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Taken last Monday in the Highlands which is located in southwest Montana !!

Online meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Taken last Monday in the Highlands which is located in southwest Montana !!

(Image removed from quote.)
Pretty country

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deal Ninja where did you go to look at the Scag? Idk if you remember but our camp is right up the road from you and we are looking to get a zero turn for it. 5ish acre yard (used to be farm fields) is hard on ya using a filled tire farm tractor with a 62" deck. Looked at a couple 72" models so far not sure if we'll get one this year or next but it's definitely happening. Almost 4hours mowing is a waste of good fishing time.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Start reading LawnSite.com.  You will learn a ton there.

DN

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Start reading LawnSite.com.  You will learn a ton there.

DN
Is LawnSite the best lawn tool forum?  Just got the word that our offer was accepted on my first house, and I'm going ot need to read up on all the joys that come along with home ownership  :o

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Is LawnSite the best lawn tool forum?  Just got the word that our offer was accepted on my first house, and I'm going ot need to read up on all the joys that come along with home ownership  :o

The forum is mostly for lawn care professionals, but I've learned an awful lot about lawn care and lawn mowers there.  It is to Lawn mowing what Ice Shanty is for Ice Fishing.

Mark

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just got my super bead bead roller and stand assembled was 20%off all for father's day from woodward fab.. came with 7 dies as the father's day special any how it's for doing sheet metal work floor pans body etx even seats and door pads etc.like pictyres below..

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
slick willy!  beautiful work.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
slick willy!  beautiful work.

Wish I did that my self! those are just photos as examples off the Web.. of what iam planning to do with the new toys..

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac

In the neighbors yard, and born on Sunday. Watched the mother feed it this afternoon. Would have taken a better picture, but I didn’t want to disturb the little guy/gal?

Not bad for living in the city!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
How about a blast from the past.... ;D
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgThvB_IDQ

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
How about a blast from the past.... ;D
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgThvB_IDQ
                 And that's why there is a law that you can't bring a dead whale in to Oklahoma!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Now that is something you don't see very often. Eddie, thanks for sharing....h2l
Northville, NY

Online meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tried a new lake today and found these hanging out.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Very disturbing.

Link to video is already gone... I'd be interested to see the context of the clip. Years ago I killed a 45" musky contrary to the rabid C&R mentality that was popular at that time. I'd taken a hook, well past the barb, from a 5/0 treble in each hand while still "handcuffed" to the thrashing fish. My choice was getting my hands/tendons all ripped up or fish mortality. Yep, I saved my hands, but at a cost.

Stomping a fish in the parking lot? Still like to see the context and hear the narrative from other than "sources".
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline MNice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ok.  Had a bad storm. Wind racked lift enough to collapse, proceeds to take out dock. Bummer.

But after having good insurance I pick up the new Lund tomorrow!!  New lift and dock will be next week.  Still a major bummer, but damage was contained to dock lift and boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.