New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye lake BS thread  (Read 133719 times)

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Honeoye lake BS thread
« Reply #930 on: Feb 07, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Maybe he's using the metric system and he's talking centimeters (2.5 centimeter equals 1 inch!)

Offline ERIEPERCH

• No view profile
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #931 on: Feb 07, 2020, 03:14 PM »
This morning?  In the storm?
Or yesterday?

This am

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #932 on: Feb 08, 2020, 08:47 AM »
How's the pull?

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #933 on: Feb 08, 2020, 11:56 AM »
How's the pull?

It's not frozen enough to get past 21ft of water.  Pull is hard too, 6" of snow on top of 2" of slush.

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #934 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Anybody know what the chopper was all about? Never seen anything quite like THAT before.

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #935 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Anybody know what the chopper was all about? Never seen anything quite like THAT before.

Was it mercy flight? Did it land on the ice?

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #936 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:49 PM »
It was a relic. It looked like something out of M.A.S.H. It was flying so close to the ice it looked like it was sledding. At first I thought it might have been a rescue but that wasn't it. It was on the west side heading south, seriously, it looked like it was trying to skim the surface. Kicking up all kinds of powder. Then it banked hard left, pulled a 180, started climbing, and disappeared north.

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #937 on: Feb 09, 2020, 09:04 PM »
Maybe trying to blow some snow off the ice for us?  ;)

Offline lazyjig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #938 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:20 AM »
Local pilot from near Canandaigua.

Offline ERIEPERCH

• No view profile
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #939 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Little slower but still managed 2 keeper walleye and 10 perch...

Offline Perch1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #940 on: Feb 11, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Is anyone out on the south end today? Thanks!

Offline Lindy Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #941 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Can you get out past 20 feet of water towards the north end from the boat launch?  Also how thick is the ice up that way.   Thanks.

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #942 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:37 AM »
I was out Sunday afternoon/evening and I got out to 23'. I followed tracks from earlier in the day. When I got to drilling holes I got a little nervous. 4 turns on the auger. 3" or a touch less of black. Coupla fellas went out past me though...a little closer to the west side. If I had not had a float suit, I'd have probably backed off and joined the bluegill brigade.

Offline ERIEPERCH

• No view profile
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #943 on: Feb 12, 2020, 01:04 PM »
I was out off some private out to 24fow.  Have a floating suit but ice did get thinner

Offline Lindy Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #944 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:23 AM »
thanks for the info boys. it should get a little thicker with the colds nights coming today and tomorrow.

Offline Big Pike13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #945 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Is there a bait shop near Honeoye? Looking to get some minnows in the morning and don't want to have to stop at Conesus first. It will be a circus there with their tournament.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #946 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:41 PM »
Is there a bait shop near Honeoye? Looking to get some minnows in the morning and don't want to have to stop at Conesus first. It will be a circus there with their tournament.

Go to Ice Fishing New York and at the top of page 1 the 1st topic is Bait shop maps.  Open page 1 on that page you will find a link to bait shops throughout New York.  You should be able to find what you want there.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100355764367821392533.00048c1449e56444f07e7&z=7

Offline JEBADIAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • R.I.P. JEB
« Reply #947 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Dave's towing is on east lake rd has bait but don't open till 7 last i knew.

Offline Mr poper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #948 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Bait in wayland

Offline M R Ducks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #949 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:09 PM »
I went to Honeoye today and sat in the parking lot at Dave’s towing for 20 minutes waiting for my partner to show up, there were two other vehicles in the parking lot I assumed waiting for bait. My partner showed up somewhere around seven and we commenced waiting for another 25 minutes in the parking lot. After being in the parking lot for almost 25 minutes myself and almost half an hour the two of us in the parking lot, One of the guys got out of one of the other vehicles in the parking lot and proceeded to go inside. I looked at my partner in disbelief that could possibly be the person responsible for selling the bait. The two other guys from the two other vehicles got out and went inside I assumed to be purchasing bait. Me and my partner walked inside to take our place in line. Turns out all three of the guys work there. After waiting inside for another 10 minutes for the first guy to go in the building, I’m assuming his name must be Dave, he finally returned out asked us what we wanted. My partner and I only wanted a little bit of wax worms because of what was already going on, the guy proceeded to count out exactly 50 wax worms, no big deal not looking for a freebie. Upon getting to the ice I open up I wax worms and they were all black and dead. It is the most ridiculous experience I’ve ever had at a bait shop and would highly recommend anybody to not buy bait from him or anything else.

Offline dukhnter8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #950 on: Feb 16, 2020, 03:53 PM »
Had a guy count out the minnows at Dave's as well, it was a few years ago. Don't know if they were stressed from it but half were dead when we got to the launch. I don't get bait there anymore. I get it from the place on conesus since I drive right by it anyway. Better bait anyway and they have given me some good tips on spots to hit as well.

Offline Big Pike13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #951 on: Feb 17, 2020, 05:50 PM »
I stopped at Dave's around 8 on Saturday morning to get a dozen fat heads. There were about  3 dozen in the scoop he gave me. for $5 it was a great deal.

Offline M R Ducks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #952 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:26 PM »
I stopped at Dave's around 8 on Saturday morning to get a dozen fat heads. There were about  3 dozen in the scoop he gave me. for $5 it was a great deal.

I waited an hour to buy bait from him while he sat in the parking lot. Ridiculous, nobody should buy pay from that dude

Offline M R Ducks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #953 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:27 PM »
And it was dead. You’re probably one of his buddies trying to make him sound good so people buy his bait before it Dehydrates

Offline Mossy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #954 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:44 PM »
I'm thinking Dave doesn't like duck hunters.

Offline M R Ducks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #955 on: Feb 17, 2020, 09:37 PM »
I think it would hard to get there without passing a decent bait shop on the way (which I did by the way). I respect where my money goes, and I wish to support local businesses. That dude had a couple containers from Walmart of wax worms and a fish tank with minnows. It is not a bait shop, It is a joke. People should go to finger Lakes bait and tackle if they want a real bait shop.

Offline Big Pike13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #956 on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Don't know why you guys had such a bad experience at Dave's. Saturday was my first time in there have only fished Honeoye a few times during ice season didn't even know he was there. I would rather stop at Finger lakes bait and tackle but that adds almost an hour to the drive. Just wish he carried some larger minnows rather than just fat heads.

Offline M R Ducks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #957 on: Feb 18, 2020, 10:06 PM »
That lake has a ton of people fishing it and has an incredible opportunity for somebody to start a business if they actually care about fisherman. Dave is a tow truck driver looking to make some side money. It looks like he runs a successful business being a mechanic. I’m certain somebody could run a successful business selling bait on that lake. I had a good attitude in the parking lot waiting, had a good attitude in his shop waiting to buy the bait, and had a good attitude exiting even after my wait. I only lost six dollars to the crappy bait he sold me. I just hope somebody sees that Lake as an opportunity to make a lot of money, because they will. I like having reliable bait stores at the places that I go to, and I support them to be there when I go.

Offline fredk1029

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #958 on: Feb 20, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Anyone been able to access the ice from Sandy bottom park or Trident marine at all lately? Trying to decide where to go on Sunday with my 12 year old son.

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #959 on: Feb 23, 2020, 04:25 AM »
Anyone been able to access the ice from Sandy bottom park or Trident marine at all lately? Trying to decide where to go on Sunday with my 12 year old son.
I saw guys heading out of Sandy Bottom this past week.  Can't speak for Trident. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.