New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye lake BS thread  (Read 133709 times)

Offline JEBADIAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • R.I.P. JEB
Re: Honeoye lake BS thread
« Reply #120 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Thanks.

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #121 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:19 PM »
None to speak of in 10 to 12 feet.  Very strange.  The last time I had fished this area about 4 years ago, there was about a foot or two of weeds, but I didn't mark any or pull any up when setting tip ups - it was like a desert.  There were weeds in closer to shore when I tried to locate some panfish in about 7 feet of water

Last time I fished that area a couple years ago I found the same thing....I was curious if they came back at all....I guess not  :-\  Thanks for info.

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Anyone coming off the ice today have any concerns about shore ice or anything or did everything hold up fine? I want to get out early AM from the west side just south of CA Ranch.
Thanks

Offline jrtbaits

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • wishin' i was fishin'
« Reply #123 on: Jan 19, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Fished yesterday out of state launch made the walk out to 26 fow got 2 nice perch early then blank screen for an hour so I started moving, nothing anywhere I moved to tried 25, 22,10 and 15 fow at the 15ft spot my screen lit up marks all over but nothing would bite so I headed back out to 26 fow and got 7 more nice perch 2 good crappies and dropped an big eye at the hole. All said and done it was a pretty decent day but I had to work pretty hard for them.

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 PM »
just a heads up somebody went through with their four wheeler yesterday in 25 foot of water East Side middle of the lake my buddy had to winch them out with his four wheeler pretty scary pay attention out there

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Jan 19, 2015, 02:32 PM »
If it was the East side near the North end if the trench, there is usually a pretty good pressure ridge there, not sure why? Maybe has something to do with the rise in the bottom to shallower water. We have seen it there a number of years while traveling to the trench from the north. Stay alert!!!
Stay safe and on top!

Offline IceRanger81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Jan 19, 2015, 02:54 PM »
There are some pretty big slush pockets out there right now in places. I watched a couple of four wheelers get stuck yesterday. The crack or sag or whatever it is on the north end of the slot did look nasty that's for sure! There is nothing like standing in knee deep water over ice to hook the winch cable!

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Jan 19, 2015, 06:26 PM »
It sure made me pucker yesterday was able to get out on my own (in front of Log Cabin Point).
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Anyone tried Crappie by lantern light yet this season? Thinking about giving it a go on Friday night after work.

Offline Bmanges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Heading down to fish honeoyelake this weekend, first time in about thirty years lol. Any tips on where to start and what guys have success with there. Guess I would be hoping to find some perch and maybe walleye. Looks like the south end is the only public access point? Any bait stores near there? Thxs for any help.

Offline Don-NY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I have a lot to learn
« Reply #130 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Dave's towing right at the north end of east lake road near 20A has bait. live minows but no salted minows today though. I fished there today but got skunked so I wont offer any advice.

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Dave's towing right at the north end of east lake road near 20A has bait. live minows but no salted minows today though. I fished there today but got skunked so I wont offer any advice.

Yikes. Where were you fishing? I had some bad days on honeoye in the past. Were you using sonar? Did you move a lot or stay put?

Offline Don-NY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I have a lot to learn
« Reply #132 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Have ya been there this season? no sonar

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Have ya been there this season? no sonar

No. Not yet. I usually only go once a year. Been pretty crowded there this year from what I have gathered. Lake has never been good to me, but I won't give up. My problem is I sent tipups right away and get too lazy to move. Moving is key I believe on that body of water until you find them. Sonar helps too

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #134 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:03 PM »
sorry to hear that somebody was a douche and wouldnt help and that somebody went through. saw activity going on and wondered what it was. my buddy figured somebody went through. fishing has started to slow down. still getting a few good ones
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline BigT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Jan 21, 2015, 10:42 PM »
Slow down??? I haven't heard or read where anyone caught a limit of anything on this lake this year, only a couple of keepers here & there.

Offline spoonfeeder01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:20 AM »
The lake is far from dead, any one with electronics will tell you that. Keep mobile  and change presentations, sometimes Ill change several different presentations just in one hole if theres fish there to keep them interested and fish biting, then its time to move. If your in a boat do you sit in the same spot waiting for something to swim by? No.. Keep mobile :-)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #137 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:31 AM »
Electronics ???

Keep moving ???

Change presentations ???

Hmmmm, never thought of that.

Will you adopt me?

;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #138 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:38 AM »
And who said fishermen were dumb!! Well personally I caught over a hundred fish the other day in an 8 hour stint on this body of water.. 38 of those fish are no longer with us god rest their souls..  ;D ;D

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Did there happen to be any Walleye among your 38 fish that received the death penalty? Sounds like you really know how to fish the lake.
Just wondering how often Honeoye produces on them.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Sounds like you really know how to fish the lake.

Lmfao...better get my boots, caliking, it's getting pretty deep!!!  Please teach me this lake too, how much for lessons? ::) ::)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Honeoye can reward you greatly but alot of times can humble the best fisherman.  Anyone who says different is full of it!

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Guess this means no walleye in the 38. Not impressed with your attitude Shoulda.

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #143 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:19 PM »
I was very surprised by the number of Eyes we saw on our camera Sunday ................ the fish are there !!
we are catching a few fish each outing ............. mix bag of NICE perch and Crappies with an occasional Gill ! Have not cracked the Eye code yet !!
ice fishing rules

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Thanks Perryt... that is encouraging input. I will have to give them a try. Nothing more rewarding than cracking the code. Driving to Oneida can be time consuming.

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #145 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Yea shoulda play nice! My advice for the eyes is get there in the dark and leave there in the dark. Find a hump, a drop off, a transition and either put a tip up or two or jig a pimple or even the ol trusty fiskas n a spike or two will occasionally produce one those yellow things. But if u get one make sure u throw it back down the hole. They taste terrible  ;) ;D

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Jan 22, 2015, 01:02 PM »
When Caliking steps on to the ice, does someone yell " DEAD FISH SWIMMING"? ;D
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline bfishn247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #147 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Ice and any pressure cracks safe for wheeler?

Offline IceRanger81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:49 PM »
For some of the crowd Honeoye is on fire. You should have no problem at least catching dinner, or maybe a small snack! Lol! Who doesn't like Walleye ? I ate two out of there the other day yummy!! I don't like the fact that most of the Perch are full of white grubs!! The big ones 13-14 are ok, but some of the 11-12's are loaded! 😝

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:51 PM »
For some of the crowd Honeoye is on fire. You should have no problem at least catching dinner, or maybe a small snack! Lol! Who doesn't like Walleye ? I ate two out of there the other day yummy!! I don't like the fact that most of the Perch are full of white grubs!! The big ones 13-14 are ok, but some of the 11-12's are loaded! 😝

Wait till you see the 15 inchers. Grubs of gold ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.