New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sodus Bay BS Thread  (Read 47262 times)

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
Re: Sodus Bay BS Thread
« Reply #90 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:49 PM »
How's the water clarity? Irondequoit is stained pretty bad...

Looked very clear to me.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Thank you for the report....

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #92 on: Oct 20, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Well puppets and clowns it’s time again to get ready for the show of shanty city out there again this year. Yes to many people are claiming the best fishing in years, y’all need to stop that shiv and let people find fish for them selves. Otherwise in 3/4 yrs sodas will whine up the Dead Sea again where you can’t buy a perch over 8” it was almost 10yrs sense we had fishing as good yes but it keeps getting over fished and people are keeping perch down to like 4&5” was disgusting. I wish there was a min size to perch of 8” or more. And don’t get me started on the pike bite or the Gil’s and Rocky’s I haven’t had a pike to the hole on sodus in many a year. Way to long that fishery is not to good in the bay neither. Let’s all work for the better of the fishing. Good day
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Nov 12, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Well puppets and clowns it’s time again to get ready for the show of shanty city out there again this year. Yes to many people are claiming the best fishing in years, y’all need to stop that shiv and let people find fish for them selves. Otherwise in 3/4 yrs sodas will whine up the Dead Sea again where you can’t buy a perch over 8” it was almost 10yrs sense we had fishing as good yes but it keeps getting over fished and people are keeping perch down to like 4&5” was disgusting. I wish there was a min size to perch of 8” or more. And don’t get me started on the pike bite or the Gil’s and Rocky’s I haven’t had a pike to the hole on sodus in many a year. Way to long that fishery is not to good in the bay neither. Let’s all work for the better of the fishing. Good day

Sodus will never be the same since Facebook and other social media ect I know I plan on pounding them.again this year as I did last year even when guy where struggling to catch fish I always left with nice meal. As for the pike I caught 1 last year not even targeting them and landed time nice 28" female. Walleyes where caught last year as well. Hoping to find a few more of them this year
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #94 on: Nov 15, 2019, 05:12 AM »

I fish most bays from Sodus to the st Lawrence , plus of course Oneida and a few others lakes  , I’m never disappointed as I’m happy just to get out , and my freezer seems pleased
  Social media is here to stay So followers - lurkers can chase bites and there has always been chasers even before all this technology
 Guys play safe this season and have fun

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:16 AM »

Sodus will never be the same since Facebook and other social media ect I know I plan on pounding them.again this year as I did last year even when guy where struggling to catch fish I always left with nice meal. As for the pike I caught 1 last year not even targeting them and landed time nice 28" female. Walleyes where caught last year as well. Hoping to find a few more of them this year

I agree social media can get a bit irritating. However, to say Sodus will never be the same is a bit of an extreme statement. If ppl can’t go out and get a nice batch of fish out there maybe they should just sell their gear! ;D I spend a ton of time on all of the Ontario Bays on the boat, as well as on the hardwater. There are a ton of perch in the bay. Some years are better than others, seems like everything runs in cycles. Plenty of fish in that bay as well as all of the others. There will always be those who chase bites and look to social media for reports or a hot bite. That’s why I love boat fishing this time of year. Nobody’s around. I just go out and fish and use the knowledge I do have. Doesn’t matter what others on here or on Facebook have to say.
It'll eat.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:17 AM »
And BTW, for those who are wondering....no ice on the bay as of yesterday.
It'll eat.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #97 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:34 AM »

Hey chief , how’s the sprout and the misses doing , I say just go fishing and take pics without back ground and post ,
 Think I’ll follow you and jake around this winter , 👍

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #98 on: Dec 11, 2019, 02:55 PM »
hammer them in open water  ...that's why you don't rush to put the boat away  ;D

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Dec 11, 2019, 02:59 PM »
Unfortunately for me I don’t have time or the spare loose extra 5k a year for a boat so we need ice. And yes it’s an easy 5k a yr to own and use a boat
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:01 PM »

I'm afraid Ice Shanty is social media also. If people want to brag (and who doesn't at least quietly) then you are always going to have company.
Hope everyone has a great ice season this winter. Cya.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:37 PM »
I'm afraid Ice Shanty is social media also. If people want to brag (and who doesn't at least quietly) then you are always going to have company.
Hope everyone has a great ice season this winter. Cya.

The case for most people.is the have company. I fished the same spot everyday I was out last winter and only once was there guys anywhere near us and that was the last weekend I fished when guys got close to us.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #102 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Unfortunately for me I don’t have time or the spare loose extra 5k a year for a boat so we need ice. And yes it’s an easy 5k a yr to own and use a boat

my boat motor and trailer was  600 bucks  a  67 starcraft 14 foot  row boat  with a  old  7 1/2  evenrude  you  don't need to spend a lot to get out there

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:27 PM »
my boat motor and trailer was  600 bucks  a  67 starcraft 14 foot  row boat  with a  old  7 1/2  evenrude  you  don't need to spend a lot to get out there

I have a 1963 duo and a 1960 evinrude lark 2 stroke 35 horse motor only cost me $600 as well

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:33 PM »
brad gets ya out their..... :thumbsup:

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:38 PM »
brad gets ya out their..... :thumbsup:

Sure does not very fast but will get ya from point a to point b everytime

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Dec 11, 2019, 07:02 PM »
It does very true. Then to use it your spending time on gas to get there gas for the boat so on and so forth. And really that not the point as much as I really would not use it enough to justify it. Work seasonal 55hr mon to sat then got a nephew I help with racing, just busy. I know could work more and everything else and fish but I think it’s to much as it is.
Really I would love to have a boat
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Dec 12, 2019, 09:08 AM »

The case for most people.is the have company. I fished the same spot everyday I was out last winter and only once was there guys anywhere near us and that was the last weekend I fished when guys got close to us.

Hahaha- Brad I fished your holes once or twice 😁 *sounds dirty*

On a serious note, only thing I care about is social media ruining parking. Otherwise,  there are plenty of fish in 3,357 something acres of surface area in Sodus Bay.

Does anyone know if the perch live their whole lives just in Sodus Bay?? ??? ??? ;D ;D
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #108 on: Dec 12, 2019, 09:45 AM »
sodus  bay is the only place in new York that has perch   and the only place that has  fishing pressure caused  by the internet or  guys  talking about it  at the  bar !!!!

there are  so many perch out there  right now  you don't need ice you can walk on the  backs of the  fish!  bring a wheelbarrel  and  as  many neighbor kids as you can to increase the limit!  in one  day  you won't  have to buy  meat  for the year!

hope I didn't  let out any secrets

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Dec 12, 2019, 11:22 AM »
sodus  bay is the only place in new York that has perch   and the only place that has  fishing pressure caused  by the internet or  guys  talking about it  at the  bar !!!!

there are  so many perch out there  right now  you don't need ice you can walk on the  backs of the  fish!  bring a wheelbarrel  and  as  many neighbor kids as you can to increase the limit!  in one  day  you won't  have to buy  meat  for the year!

hope I didn't  let out any secrets

Trapper, you are a man of many subtleties.
That just made me bust the buttons off my shirt laughing! None of your statements are true. There isn't a single perch left in Sodus Bay. Which means there can't possibly be a single perch left in Lake Ontario. Which would also mean that can't possibly be another fish left in any body of water that is connected with a channel to Lake Ontario. This can only mean 1 thing, that the thousands of people filling up wheel barrows with their neighborhood kids on Sodus Bay have caused all of Lake Ontario to become perchless.
I found all this info out from lurking on social media.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Dec 12, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Hahaha- Brad I fished your holes once or twice 😁 *sounds dirty*

On a serious note, only thing I care about is social media ruining parking. Otherwise,  there are plenty of fish in 3,357 something acres of surface area in Sodus Bay.

Does anyone know if the perch live their whole lives just in Sodus Bay?? ??? ??? ;D ;D

Yes but Josh you were invited lol

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Dec 12, 2019, 01:38 PM »
That just made me bust the buttons off my shirt laughing! None of your statements are true. There isn't a single perch left in Sodus Bay. Which means there can't possibly be a single perch left in Lake Ontario. Which would also mean that can't possibly be another fish left in any body of water that is connected with a channel to Lake Ontario. This can only mean 1 thing, that the thousands of people filling up wheel barrows with their neighborhood kids on Sodus Bay have caused all of Lake Ontario to become perchless.

darn you caught me .....I  hoped to send the masses  to sodus while the rest of us  hit  our  secret spot ......you know  what i'm saying

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Dec 12, 2019, 04:48 PM »
Are you kidding. Was just there well what used to be there. You must not have heard the water level is up so high so the US and Can can split the 50 something million, billion, trillion dollars a day sodus bay is gone. All Lake Ontario now. Now it’s captain jacks under the sea!
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Dec 12, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Are you kidding. Was just there well what used to be there. You must not have heard the water level is up so high so the US and Can can split the 50 something million, billion, trillion dollars a day sodus bay is gone. All Lake Ontario now. Now it’s captain jacks under the sea!
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captain jack Sparrow

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Dec 12, 2019, 08:26 PM »

darn you caught me .....I  hoped to send the masses  to sodus while the rest of us  hit  our  secret spot ......you know  what i'm saying

Don't tell anyone, but sodus is my secret spot. No one ever goes there.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Dec 12, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Don't tell anyone, but sodus is my secret spot. No one ever goes there.

Funny my secret spot is on sodus and no one goes where I do lol

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #116 on: Dec 13, 2019, 08:57 PM »
Sodus is one hell of a big place and no Facebook exposure is going to fill it up. You can find perch without people  close by close easily; been doing it for 45 years!For a few of those years the perch didn't show up!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Dec 16, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Hey chief , how’s the sprout and the misses doing , I say just go fishing and take pics without back ground and post ,
 Think I’ll follow you and jake around this winter , 👍

Hey Fred, they are both doing great! And you’re more than welcome to fish with us anytime! I don’t get out on the big water as much as you I usually stick to my perch and flatfish all winter.
It'll eat.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #118 on: Dec 16, 2019, 07:22 AM »

Perch and pans are fine by me
  And thanks for the invite

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Dec 16, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Sodus is one hell of a big place and no Facebook exposure is going to fill it up. You can find perch without people  close by close easily; been doing it for 45 years!For a few of those years the perch didn't show up!
I totally agree. And there has been a few bad seasons seems to cycle I guess. We are on a up cycle currently
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.