The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Has anyone see "Frozen Stupid" movie filmed in Houghton Lake?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
I rented a cabin on the lake in Houghton this weekend and my 10 yr oldson and I are going to take the snowmobilr and see if we can catch some fish.  While I was surfing about houghton I came across a movie called Frozen stupid.  Has anyone ever seen it?  Is it any good?  Saw a video clip on youtube and it looked like it might be ok.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: Has anyone see "Frozen Stupid" movie filmed in Houghton Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2010, 05:53 AM »
I bought it after ice fishing Houghton a few times last season.  It's probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen, but I still watched it about half a dozen times.  It's cool to see the local businesses, etc. up there.  Story line is weak, but hey, it's about ice fishin'!!  Ernie B is funny in the movie.  Lyman's is the bait shop in the movie. 

If you are a hardwater nut and watch Grumpy Old Men multiple times a year, it's still worth the $$ in my opinion.

-Jeff

Offline mbishop5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:54 AM »
Not that good of a movie, but it is about ice fishing as mentioned earlier.  Have not been to Houghton ice yet, but will make the voyage one day.  There are some pretty funny scenes in the film, you just have to sort through em for any keepers.  You'd think that having the producers that filmed Escanaba and 2 of the main characters in the film, it would be better.  From everything that I read, they had a lot of locals in the film and the producers gave a lot back to the community while making the film.  I still watch it from time to time, but is not one of my favorites like Escanaba is.
I ended up buying it directly from Jim Brauer productions and they had it in the mail that day and I got it 2 days later.
I still sing the song once in a while when I am out on the ice, just cause it's so stupid.  "I just wanna to do some fishing, I just want to catch some fish."  Of course, Kimberly Guerrero makes the movie better, cause she's hot.

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:52 AM »
Yeah.......I rented Grumpy Old Men last week.......so I will probably like this movie!  I bought the movie yesterday off of ebay from a sporting goods store in Clare MI....so I hope to have the movie in time to take up with us to Houghton Lake.  I thought my son would get a kick out of seeing the movie and then taking him to some of the places.  We will be staying a block away from the bar where one of the scenes was shot....and of course we will also be going to Lymans at least once as well. 

Thanks for the input!

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:56 AM »
I have the movie and you are right it is not that good. The thing I do like about it is all of the landmarks. Fun to see familiar places. I will recommend the directors cut. He narrates the whole movie. Very interesting if you like that stuff.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.