The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: More Rain Saturday  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Moosemonster

• IceShanty Rookie
More Rain Saturday
« on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Here we go with more rain this weekend! I’ve had it with this nonsense lol I’m planning in fishing in it, anyone else?  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline iusedtocould

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: More Rain Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:23 AM »
Yup, small crew of feeble-minded headed to East Grand FRI/SAT/SUN....Last report was 4 inches in front of camp- main lake still choppy. Stay Dry-

Offline Moosemonster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Lol feeble-minded... We are right there with you!

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Rain and 45* on Saturday sucks. I’m thinking to fish on Sunday and will be wearing cleats .

Offline sab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:54 AM »
Saw a long term forecast thru March - your going to save money on your apartment/house heating bill this season, and the worse of it is, I got a 2020 snowmobile purchased at the end of February sitting in my trailer (the virus sled). 

Offline Loyaltee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:22 AM »
"polar vortex" my eye!

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2021, 11:20 AM »
"polar vortex" my eye!

The big ole brown eye! This year is gonna be another one of "those years"  stay safe and dry gents!  :tipup:
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Saw a long term forecast thru March - your going to save money on your apartment/house heating bill this season, and the worse of it is, I got a 2020 snowmobile purchased at the end of February sitting in my trailer (the virus sled).
i just bought 1 also. at least up here we'll still have some ice but big lakes still wont be safe. no real cold in the 10 day either!

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:21 PM »
Looking at the extended, it looks like starting next Tuesday we will start making some real ice.  Not that it helps the sleds, but hopefully we can make some ice before we get snow

Offline MarkNFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:11 AM »
i just bought 1 also. at least up here we'll still have some ice but big lakes still wont be safe. no real cold in the 10 day either!
I keep hearing the word "sketchy" to describe the ice on the big lakes.  When I was young and dumb, I might have tried it, but I don't do "sketchy" anymore @)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:51 PM »
I keep hearing the word "sketchy" to describe the ice on the big lakes.  When I was young and dumb, I might have tried it, but I don't do "sketchy" anymore @)
yeah, me niether! 3in. or better for this fatboy now. ;)

Offline Moosemonster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2021, 07:21 AM »
We made the trip up early Friday morning and found good ice where we went about 6”.  Fished all day Friday, Saturday we stayed out in the storm until about 1:00pm and Sunday went back and spent half the day out there. Plenty of action on both traps and jigging!! Very happy I decided to make the trip! Hopefully we make more ice on more lakes over the next couple of weeks!!  :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.