The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Branch lake  (Read 730 times)

Offline relentless

• IceShanty Rookie
Branch lake
« on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:37 PM »
Ive been fishing branch lake in ellswoth only caught small togue? are there any beauties in the? anyone had any luck?

Offline icefisha22

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Branch lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Never fished it, but there are some lakes that are seemingly overrun by tiny togue that also have some monsters in it. Just look at moosehead a few years back when there were so many dinkers that they had liberal bag limits. A guy pulled out a 30 pounder!
"many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after"

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:41 PM »
How about......... Hi my name is Bob!  Been a long time lurker here, but decided to be a part of IS and TEAM Maine.  I live in Ellsworth, and like to fish for gamefish.  Look forward to learning some new things, and hopefully contributing to the site as well.  Also, hope to meet some of you guys on the ice sometime.

Tight lines ~ Bob

Then ask a bunch of questions.  It might work out better for you in the long run, and maybe you'll make some lifelong friends here as well.

~Jeff

Offline relentless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:58 PM »
ok bud didnt mean to be rude didnt know it was like that on here

Offline BHarris830

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:20 PM »
I fish it a few days a week because I have a key to a shack that is on it. There are tons of 14-20inch togue in there hence the 6 togue bag limit on top of your other bag limit. There are definitely some big ones as well tho. We have been doing pretty well lately. Where on the lake are you fishing?

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Don't worry relentless,Sinnian always has his panties in a bunch, welcome to the site. I've been fishing Green for the last two years, but use to have a shack on Branch. I caught a nice one in 10 feet of water down in the lower basin this time of year. Smelt is the choice of bait. Good luck, it's a great puddle.
Steve

Offline BHarris830

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:28 PM »
I've been fishing Green for the last two years, but use to have a shack on Branch.

How is the ice on Green this year??

Offline relentless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:33 PM »
i have been fishing off phillips way road  in the last cove before it narrows up. my girlfriends mother livers in that cove.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:35 PM »
10 inches down by Black Island. Two presurer ridges, one from Cow and another one at Scott's Neck. There is just enough frozen snow on the ice so that you don't need creepers. They are driving trucks across from the landing to the sand bar.
Steve

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:38 PM »
i have been fishing off phillips way road  in the last cove before it narrows up. my girlfriends mother livers in that cove.
If you know where the seven sisters are you'll catch a lot of touge there. Keep an eye out for Jimmy DeWitt, he's the one in the know.
Steve

Offline BHarris830

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:42 PM »
I've been fishing north of the Narrows a ways. Probably headed even further soon. Definitely gotta weed through the racer togue for a good one but we've been focusing on salmon lately. Set a couple traps anywhere from right under to 8-10feet under the ice you might get a couple.

Offline relentless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:44 PM »
thanks for the tips!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.