Author Topic: using the milwaukee fuel  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
using the milwaukee fuel
« on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:29 PM »
to any of you who use one, I just got mine and will be using it w/ a lazer 6 in. what settings do you use on your drill? thanks

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: using the milwaukee fuel
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Drill mode and speed 1. Not hammer drill.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Good video on technique

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Drill mode and speed 1. Not hammer drill.

Ditto.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:57 PM »
I have that setup except I also use a Clam plate (Gen 2), which I would strongly recommend.  The 6" lazer tends to grab as it breaks through the bottom.  Until I learned to control it even with a clam plate it would occasionally pull me down to the ice.  With the clam plate, I've learned to keep the left corner nearest me against my leg as it digs down through the ice.  This extra bracing allows me to steady the rig as it breaks through.

I don't know how you would do this without a clam plate, although lots of guys do  (Note:,  the guy in the video above does a similar thing with the side handle).  If you use the side handle like the guy in the video you will eventually break that handle off.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2019, 03:00 PM »
My side handle is going strong after 3 years.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2019, 11:56 PM »
Using the fuel on my 8" I have never had a grabbing problem at the bottom of the ice, it goes so fast it rips right through.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Side handles breaking off were with the older models like the 2703-22. Which is the model i have. Mine has yet to break. Milwaukee redesigned the drill and came out with a new model 2803-20. I have yet to hear of any side handles breaking off of the new design.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2019, 09:53 AM »
 well, I gotta say, I used my Mil. and 5in. lazer yesterday, drilled 60 holes, and came home with half a battery left, and this is with the 5 ah batt. I like it. However, I have always loved my 5 in. and fully believe it is enough, but I hoe hop with a vexi, and if you get a hit, you about have to pull the ducer out of the water, or risk knocking the fish off

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2019, 12:14 PM »
well, I gotta say, I used my Mil. and 5in. lazer yesterday, drilled 60 holes, and came home with half a battery left, and this is with the 5 ah batt. I like it. However, I have always loved my 5 in. and fully believe it is enough, but I hoe hop with a vexi, and if you get a hit, you about have to pull the ducer out of the water, or risk knocking the fish off
I just bought a 5” mini Nero getting old need to pack less weight. Mostly go for panfish. Propane auger is an eight inch. Lots of folks seem to have a issue with pulling the ducer out of the hole with a fish on. I never had a problem doing that, so should be good to go with a 5” hole.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.