Author Topic: Eskimo Wide One Inferno  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Swedish Pimp

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eskimo Wide One Inferno
« on: Oct 13, 2014, 10:36 PM »
I have been looking into a new one man this year. The eskimo wide one looks pretty nice. I found a few reviews online but not to many. Anyone have any Reviews for this shanty.

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
Re: Eskimo Wide One Inferno
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2014, 11:01 PM »
I am not sure if you have seen this review, but I  think this guy does a good job on his review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDGdEFDl4Q

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2014, 05:50 AM »
I am not sure if you have seen this review, but I  think this guy does a good job on his review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDGdEFDl4Q

That guys is a local fisherman in my neck of the woods he stated all year he loved that shack no issues at all!
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:22 AM »
My buddy has one, it's a great one man and built very well too

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:28 AM »
I got one late in the year last year - I absolutely love it!  Very roomy and well built.  I would HIGHLY recommend this shanty! 

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Low profile + good in the wind but you'll have to crawl in and out and be sitting or on your knees while inside.  Not for my old bones, nope.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2014, 03:04 PM »
I got one late in the year last year - I absolutely love it!  Very roomy and well built.  I would HIGHLY recommend this shanty!

Same thing with me. Plenty of room and cozy with a small heater. I fish two holes and put my locator between them. Seat is very comfortable too. I set mine on a smitty sled and it pulls very easy. 91/2 outa 10.

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2014, 06:05 PM »
I love it last year bought one and lightest and easy pull on pure ice   as well on snow slush may abit harder pull 

Offline Swedish Pimp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. I just placed my order and it will be at my house in a week. Can't wait to set it up and pretend I'm sitting on ice.

Offline Soclose2far

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2014, 10:37 PM »
I'm looking into getting a wide one as well. Did you get yours yet? If so what do you think?

Offline COMMODORE99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:43 PM »
I bought one last year and I love it.  Had a small warranty issue, called eskimo and they told me to use it until the ice was gone and then call back and they would take care of the issue.  Very minor, I was missing the Velcro tab on the outside to secure the door and I was also missing one of the pockets on the inside.  I called in April and they told me they couldn't send the replacement parts because they were sewn in at the factory, so they sent me a brand new tent and told me to keep the old one as well.  Now I have a spare if this one ever rips.

Lots of room and I am a wide guy myself, two holes and a flasher up front, heater in the sled(only used once).  I rigged up some led lights on a few of the bars and it stays nice and bright in there.  All in all, it just seemed like a better built unit than the other guys were offering.  Good luck with yours.

Offline Soclose2far

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Thanks for your report. I want to get one but none of the stores near here sell them for me to check out before ordering. I'm downsizing from a frabil 2 man flip. I like the large fishable area but I'm usually in it alone and don't like the extra time it takes to move to another hole. Probably going to place an order after the holidays. If anyone has more information good or bad I'm all ears!

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2015, 06:30 PM »
i bought  a used 2013 inferno.   nice flipover with lots of room dont really need the wide part........ well constructed

Heavy though .....  that fancy metal rotating seat  i removed i dint care for it cause it always seemd to be flipped down when i was ready to sit  .......  and it was 12 lbs ....    im replacing with a rigid 3" plastic foam block

every poound is important when hand dragging

danman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.