Author Topic: "New" Ice Fishing Items this year  (Read 7973 times)

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "New" Ice Fishing Items this year
« Reply #30 on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:11 AM »
OTIS, I don't have any info.  Just heard this on the Iceteam forum, I'd imagine you'll be hearing about it soon though.  Just checked and my local ice fishing store said most of their ice stuff would be in by Nov. 1, and I heard cabelas thought it would have 90% by the third weekend in October. 

Thanks.  I checked out the site that windburned posted, that's a sweet price.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Oct 04, 2004, 12:58 PM »
During the day the camera doesn't interfere with the fish.  At night, the lights tend to keep them away.  You need to have the camera at least 4' - 6' away from the hole.  I've been watching schools of bluegills and crappie right at dusk without the light on.  Once I turned the light on they scattered.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2004, 12:39 PM »
I see Custom Jigs and Spins has some new items for 2004/05: Precious Metal Series lures, Mega glow Demons, Flu-Flu jigs, and a rod and spring bobber.
Ken                                          

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2004, 08:27 PM »
Picked up a Kawi 360 4x4 this year for ice season!!!  Needed it to pull the sled my buddy and I built!!!!!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Oct 06, 2004, 09:16 AM »
Otter Outdoors has 50 new products for the 2004-2005 seasons(not all ice related). They have some new sleds, new shanty's, and their other shanty's were redesigned for this year. Nice products. Their sleds are built tough(like a tank)!
Ken                                          

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Oct 06, 2004, 07:02 PM »
Bean,

Thanks for the Custom Jigs & Spins tip -- I now have $20 worth of "Special Metal" rat finkes on the way in the mail.  It's waaaay to early to start stocking up on ice fishing lures...we won't have ice around here till the end of Dec.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Oct 06, 2004, 07:19 PM »
It's waaaay to early to start stocking up on ice fishing lures...we won't have ice around here till the end of Dec.

I'm not so certain about that comment, Luckydog. ;D I am always on the lookout for ice fishing lures on sale. Picked up a few a couple weeks ago. I'd say anytime is a good time to stock up on ice fishing lures.  :woot:
Ken                                          

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 06, 2004, 07:35 PM »
guys Ebay is loaded with good jig deals right now......
Anthony

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Oct 06, 2004, 10:07 PM »
Bean,

My comment was meant to be taken lightly...I too am always looking for a "deal" on fishing equipment.  These jigs were not on sale but at least I know I'll have something new to try when we finally get ice.  My point was...what else will come out before we get ice????  Scary thought - due to expenses - question.  I don't know how many times I've said to myself..."That's it, I really don't need anything else.  I have enough gear".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.