Author Topic: lighting idea  (Read 4563 times)

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
lighting idea
« on: Dec 07, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I installed LED rope lights in my portable.  2 strands on the top and one (my tip) under the seat.  It lights the sled well so you can find your stuff in there. 

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: lighting idea
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2008, 10:19 AM »
are they the Clam rope lights? or just the normal x-mas lights? If so how do you power them? I have the clam rope led lights but have yet to add them to my sled

I saw this in a local flyer and thought it might be a good idea, it would hang pretty well i think

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443308712&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672077&bmUID=1228667019224

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I have the clam rope led lights but have yet to add them to my sled

Keep your receipt, the Clam lights are worthless- and I am a Clam guy

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:29 PM »
you can go to lowe's and get the same thing made by black & decker.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=134987-46965-WLB26B

there are alot of similar lights to this as well.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:32 PM »
you can go to lowe's and get the same thing made by black & decker.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=134987-46965-WLB26B

there are alot of similar lights to this as well.
I just got one of those today the local Advance Auto store - on sale @ 17.95.  I just tried it in my dark garage tonite and know it will do the job for my shanty.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2008, 09:17 AM »
in the lastest sears ad tbey have the craftsman version for the same price. i am gonna pick one up myself this weekend and give her a try

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2008, 08:11 PM »
are they the Clam rope lights? or just the normal x-mas lights? If so how do you power them? I have the clam rope led lights but have yet to add them to my sled

I saw this in a local flyer and thought it might be a good idea, it would hang pretty well i think

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443308712&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672077&bmUID=1228667019224

I got these lights from Gander Mtn.  $14 or so for 5 feet.  They are 12V and can hook to your flasher battery, or as I do... carry a 2nd battery just for the lights.  The one I have mounted under the seat is an independent light and runs on just 2 AA batteries.   

Offline juniatabassman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2009, 04:08 PM »
i was a dick's sporting goods and they had a disc shaped light like some of the others i have seen on here and it only got ten bucks and is bright a hell. I hung it from the top rail in my pro, could see everything plan as day. no more lantern for me. just my 2 cents tho.

Offline damanfrgr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Well I guess!!!LETS DO THIS
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:41 PM »
I like the heat of my lantern, but a light would be nice for the times u dont really need that heat, and for 4$ a bottle the light is a little cheaper,fur sure..how long life do u get with the aa"?s
FISH:)mmm good

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2009, 06:58 AM »
I like the heat of my lantern, but a light would be nice for the times u dont really need that heat, and for 4$ a bottle the light is a little cheaper,fur sure..how long life do u get with the aa"?s

Not sure.  I'm into my 2nd season on the original batteries.  I don't use this one a lot, but I'd say it has at least 10 hours on it so far.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:28 PM »
I have one of the UFO (disk lights) with 60 LEDs in it. It runs on 4 AA batteries and they claim battery life is 30 hrs. I can't answer your question because I don't have 30 hrs on it yet. It fits in one of the big pockets of my Arctic Armor jacket and I hang it from one of the support bars in my flipover. I used to use a propane lantern and this thing is ten times as bright and it is wide angle.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:02 PM »
I have a propane lantern I bought my first season. One thing I hated about it is the fact that nut on the top is as hot as a pistol for about an hour after you put it out. The glass and other metal parts around the globe are hot as well, but that nut holding it all together gets ridiculously hot. I switched to the UFOs and now have a near new Coleman instastart lantern gathering dust for the past two seasons.

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2009, 12:36 AM »
When I use to use a lantern i would just grab a chunk of ice or snow and set it on the nut to cool it. Took about i minute and I could put it in the case.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Found the deal today at menards they had a light to light up a picture frame.  Has a clamp on it to clamp the pole and it is adjustable works good will lite the shanty may have to get 2 if you in a big house.

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2009, 10:38 PM »
i put three car interior lights down the centre then ran the wires to the main switch which is a switch from a chev cargo lights then from there ran two wires with one red and one black clamp then i hook a battery or my elimanator to it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.