Author Topic: wood stove kebabs  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Stroover

• IceShanty Rookie
wood stove kebabs
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:21 AM »
We have the luxury of having a little wood stove at our shanty, the kind which has the top circular plate things that can be removed. As such, we keep skewers in the shack for impromptu kebabs. We just fill the skewers with whatever floats your boat, then lay them across the hole when you remove the top plate thing-a-muh-what. Works great!

Things we've kebabbed: Shrimp,; moose sausage (cut up in chunks) and various other saussages; deer steaks cut in pieces; etc... It's also a good idea to bring an onion, green pepper, and whatever other veggies you like on your kebabs.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: wood stove kebabs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Sounds pretty dang good Stroover!

WS

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Hoo boy. Whopper's gettin' all worked up again.  ;D   :P
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I was fishing last Saturday and some guys came over to ask if I knew anything about the lake cuz they hadn't caught any. I said my buddy and I have vexilars and when we find em we'll yell and let them come and fish em with us. Well we ended up finding a small school of decent gills and told them where they were. Later they came over with some hot kabobs that they had just grilled and man was that a welcome treat! Ice folks are some of the best folks anywhere.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.