Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631300 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19260 on: Apr 12, 2020, 01:54 PM »
It finally happened.
I knew this day was coming but it still surprised me. After 12 1/2 years of faithful service the battery in my snowmobile died. RIP old friend.  :'(
New batter has been filled with acid and is on the charger.
Maybe tomorrow I'll make it out to the cabin.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19261 on: Apr 12, 2020, 05:27 PM »
HAPPY EASTER everyone!! Sorry to be posting later, but today was a laid back day!! With just my wife and I here I fired up the grill and we had steaks for Easter! :flex: ;)2  It was a dull, gloomy day with rain in the area, but I snuck the grilling in!! I hope everyone had a good day and everyone is staying healthy!! With everything closing down, you don't have much choice but to STFAH!!! :nono: :whistle: Tomorrow is my wife's last day of treatment! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19262 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:01 PM »
O.S. - Tell the missus congratulations & well done
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19263 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:42 PM »
O.S. When your wife gets done with her final treatment tomorrow give her a gentle hug from all of us on the 9:45 thread!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19264 on: Apr 12, 2020, 09:14 PM »
THANKS GUYS!!!Will do!!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: 'Guys includes WW!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19265 on: Apr 12, 2020, 09:38 PM »
OS glad to hear the Mrs is done with the radiation.
Gotta be hard on the body getting zapped like that.
As said give her a post treatment hug from us all. ;)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19266 on: Apr 13, 2020, 01:24 AM »
Top of the evening/bottom of the morning everyone !!

A brisk 5* here in the hills when I awoke this morning & topped out at 23*...The 7 inches of snow that was forecasted ended up only being 2 inches for us...Looks like more headed our way Wednesday!!

Pretty chill day for the wife & I...We made some brunch & then took a drive out to the Big Hole River valley...Saw a few deer, a bald eagle, a golden eagle, couple osprey & a few sandhill cranes...Returned home & smoked a couple steaks for Easter dinner...Nice day but it was chilly out !!

Have the appointment with the doc today, so hoping that goes well...I still have some slight wheezing when I exhale so I'll have to address that with the doc...Really stressed out about going back to work...I so bad want to because this has been such a long haul, but I'm so nervous about the possibility of being exposed to this Covid19 crap...Time will tell I guess !!

Hope everyone had a great Easter !!
Take care & stay healthy/safe !!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19267 on: Apr 13, 2020, 04:26 AM »

'
           Good morning Spitzo, ER's,
                    It's 46* and raining the wind is suppose to pick up later, gust as high as 50 mph. ::)
                    Spitzo........Don't push going back to work under these times, you don't need Covid 19 after all you have been going through. :blink:
                    OS............Give your wife a big hug and a congratulations for completing her treatments.  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: If your hospital
           is like my wife's, your wife should get a diploma when done today. :unsure:
                   Dave..........That had to be scary, it must have been like out of a movie, Zombie Apocalypse.  :o
                   Wally..........It's a sad thing that they have closed the boat launch, but I guess it's for the best, we have to beat this virus. :flex:
                   Marv..........Thanks for sharing the videos, I hope you Corned beef dinner was a good one. :thumbsup:
                   Eddie.........I hope you were able to talk to your mom yesterday, I'd guess that it's getting pretty lonely for folks in nursing home during
           this time. :(
                  Tom............I hope you were wearing knee pads putting the floor down, my wife wants me to take up the carpet in our bedroom and replace
           it with a hardwood floor. ::)
                  Yesterday I tilled my wife's garden, I'm probly pushing it but it seemed a thing to do. Then we had a nice chicken dinner.
                  Not much on the menu today with the rain, puttering again.
                  I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at home. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19268 on: Apr 13, 2020, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Spitzo, Morning Everyone,
  50* on the Hill this am, raining and winds picking up, high of 61 today.

Jeff....I didn’t get to speak to my Mom, but have been getting daily updates from family and staff. Agree, it’s certainly been a very lonely time for the residents and family members being separated. Hoping for better days to come soon...for all of us!   :thumbsup:
  Spitzo...X2 on Jeff’s reply...perhaps have your Dr. recommend the time off until things get under control?
  OS...this ones for your wife with a virtual hug from NY... :bow:...
  Dave...scary encounter for sure, damn! The cabin is calling.... :thumbsup:

Hoping everyone had a pleasant Easter spent the best way you could. Apologies to everyone I’ve missed, phone replies are proving to be difficult. Hoping to get my computer problems resolved soon.  I’ve got some stories to share, but they’ll have to wait until I get a bigger keyboard, lol.
  Stay safe everyone!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19269 on: Apr 13, 2020, 05:30 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

25 heading into the 30's later on, right now a pesky wind is giving off a cool WC  of 9. Yesterday after I had posted we received an additional 4" as some wrap around snow paid a visit. They claim by the end of the week we will see the 60's so the snow can just sit there.

Eddie hope you are soon back in business with your computer. Hope you get a chance to launch your boat :thumbsup:

OS Congratulations to your wife on finishing up her treatments :thumbsup:

IW good going on getting the garden ready :thumbsup: Yesterdays corned beef was excellent :thumbsup:

Yesterday the turkeys were back and hungry with the snow. My wife thought she saw Arrow one time back in the woods, but she couldn't confirm it. I will fetch the card later and see what's all on it.

Chainsaw sharpening is on my agenda today. The weather has screwed up any tree job plans I had. The "Office" is about to open.

Hope you all have as good of day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19270 on: Apr 13, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad you're at least able to get updates on your Mom from staff  :clap: 

IW....just keeping my fingers crossed the launch closings, (which so far are VERY inconsistent), are reopened before summer's over  :blink:

WS.....guessing the bad weather is Mother Nature telling you to slow down  :nono: :whistle: :nono: :roflmao: :woot:

OS.....I've always been "one of the guys"  ;)2 :thumbsup:

Spitz.....agree on the stay out of work advice   :thumbsup: no need to take that risk  :nono:

IFF.....hope all is well out your way sir  :)

Wind and rain today, could be gusts upwards of 60+ mph  :o  guess tomorrow will be a pick up sticks in the yard day  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19271 on: Apr 13, 2020, 06:40 AM »
51* rain and wind.
OS, thoughts are with your wife. Bet you are both happy this is her last treatment.
SpitzoMT, good luck with your doctors appt. Don't be rushing back to work if you don't have to.
WW, I haven't heard anything about the state launch just down the road. The gate usually doesn't open until about a week before walleye season opens. None of the marina's have put in docks let. Those are the ones that will stayed closed. Most of those that use them just sit on their boats and party anyway. Plus most are from the big cities so hoping they stay home a while longer.

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Stayed out of the wife's way while she prepared dinner. Took Scout for a walk at the campsite. Dinner was good.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19272 on: Apr 13, 2020, 07:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's  congratulations to Mrs. OS. Dave hope you get to the cabin. Just a dusting of snow here. I think the wind will be spooky out East later today button up. Making progress on the cleaning here 2 more rooms and the basement will be done.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19273 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:21 AM »
GOOD morning ER's, and I do mean GOOD!!!! My wife has competed her course of radiation complete with a diploma and ringing a bell at the treatment center! I was allowed to go with her this last time!! I want to thank everyone for their support during this trying time!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: I hope everyone has a great start to the week no matter what's on the planner!! Stay well and STFAH!!!
OS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19274 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Great news OS.  So happy for both of you.
 Best news in weeks.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19275 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Good morning rain and high winds here might see a power outage and tree damage. Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Prayers for those affected by tornados in parts of southern U.S. appears most of the eastern U.S. is seeing rain and high winds.
Ice Wanderer smart move to stat home your wife does not need additional medical problems. Looks like you will be planting soon best with the gardens.
Wallyworld may the boat launches open before coming Summer is over going to be lots of stir crazy folks if Self isolation draws out for several months.
Hunts2long nice you were able to see your brother and Lindsay. Did she pick out the plants she wants for her home.
Whopper Stopper I may see some of the white stuff before this week is over definitely interesting weather forecast. Thanks for the trail camera videos. May Arrow still be around your home.
UFCreel  Covid-19 is making for interesting times sure many are not happy with the court ruling but understand police  concern when responding to calls. This virus is drisrupting the "normal" style of life here in the U.S. .Tomturkey guess your DIL is considered a non-essential medical worker. May her furlough not be a lengthy one.
Drifter scary times we are living through at the moment hope you can get to the cabin and work from it until Covid-19 runs it's course.
OldSailor may post treatment medical reports show your wife to be cancer free.
Eddie good you receive updates on your mom stressful time for all of us currently. I received a text message with easter greetings from my neighbor when I lived in the house. I'm not big into text messaging so a chore for me to respond to him using my cell phone. Hope you can get your computer repaired this week.
SpitzoMT good you received under the 7 inches forecast of snow. I agree with others don't be in a hurry to return to work and take all the precautions if you do go back to your job.

Have a good Monday may all dealing with rain and high winds today come through with no problems.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19276 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Old Sailor, make sure you give your wife a big hug. Hope she’s feeling better. Had my MRI with contrast on Saturday. Took 3 tries to get a iv. Hoping this finds something. They wouldn’t let my wife in the building which didn’t go over well. We had a relaxing Easter. She made a ham with all the trimmings. She’s at work today and it’s very bad in the icu. Saw local boat ramps closed.

Old Sailor, Continuing prayers for your wife. That’s great she’s done. How is she feeling?

Old Goat, Sounds like the cleaning is moving along.

Hunts2long, Hope you have a good day in spite of the rain. I stayed out of my wife’s way yesterday as well. I’m sure scout enjoyed getting out.

WallyWorld, Hopefully Mr WallyWorld hasn’t been to busy on the Ambulance or the Engine.

Whopper Stopper, Rainy days are a good day to sharpen chain saws. Hoping Arrow is ok.

Mason Eddie, Prayers your mom is doing well. Hope you get your computer up and running.

Ice Wanderer, How is your wife feeling? Today is a good day to putter in the garage.

SpitzoMT, maybe you could get your Doctor to write you a note to keep you out of work. You could be more susceptible to the Coronavirus.

Drifter_016, Hopefully you get out to your cabin soon.

I hope and pray everyone is doing well during these tough times.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19277 on: Apr 13, 2020, 10:07 AM »

OS.......Congratulatio ns to your wife for her graduation from her treatments.  :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19278 on: Apr 13, 2020, 10:11 AM »
OS.....GREAT news  :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19279 on: Apr 13, 2020, 10:27 AM »
OldSailor thank you for the update on your wife.  :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Hope some type of celebration is planed for tonight.

Icefisher-45 sorry it took multiple attempts to get the I.V. in place. Once the MRI is reviewed may it lead doctors to a course of treatment that lesson the frequency of or stops the headaches.

Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19280 on: Apr 13, 2020, 03:03 PM »
UPDATE----- It was a stretch, but I gave my wife a big group hug from all of those of you on the ER thread that went from the NWT's to the east coast and all points in between!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:  ;)2 Thank you friends!!! We sincerely appreciate the support!! God bless you all!!!   :bow:    STFAH!!!!!
OS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19281 on: Apr 13, 2020, 03:06 PM »
OS, CONGRATS to the wife...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19282 on: Apr 13, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

I grabbed the camera card today, the turkeys had a big day yesterday. The last video was a special one.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19283 on: Apr 13, 2020, 10:38 PM »
Good evening rain and winds have stopped thankfully I never lost power. Though something must have happened in the back of the complex around 7 PM I saw two tree service trucks exiting the complex. I'm watching the news today's weather caused damage in Capt. Jim's region of NJ. thankfully no reported injuries. Now the question is when can repairs be done to damaged property.
 Whopper Stopper good to see Arro is still alive looks like the fletching on the arrow is no closer to or inside her body from the video footage.

A goodnight to everyone stay well.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19284 on: Apr 13, 2020, 11:05 PM »
Marv I got snow too, and temp dropping to 12* tonight.  Guess its not spring yet.  Found out why no internet and phone service, for the past 10 days ?.... underground cable had been cut.  Not out of the woods yet on that score.  Now to see if I can get the computer straightened out. 

Another weeks worth of infection killer pills.  When will it ever end.  ::) :unsure:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19285 on: Apr 14, 2020, 03:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The rain and strong winds have stopped here as well....39* high of 51 today.

Bud...good luck with the computer...  :thumbsup:...know what that’s like being down!  ;D
  Marv...thanks for the videos, glad to see Arrow back again!  :clap:
  Steve...thankfully we didn’t lose power either, some of those wind gusts were ferocious yesterday. Hoping Capt. J and family had no issues.   :thumbsup:
  OS...wonderful news on your wife!  :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:
  I-45...best wishes to you and hoping you get results they can work with this time.   :thumbsup:

Have been watching most of our Governors daily updates here, appears we are seeing some good results with the social distancing/staying at home.
  Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers as we trudge forward through this most difficult time in our lives...be safe everyone!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19286 on: Apr 14, 2020, 04:01 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 46* and the wind is still gusting here to 10 mph. ???
                      Eddie.........So since I see emotions on your post, you have your tablet working again. ???
                      Steve........We didn't lose power here either, I think that 51 hour power out we had basically took all the weak trees down. :whistle:
              I do know that Aton Mt. Road in Cornwall lost power. :o
                      Marv..........Nice videos, the snow isn't what I'd like to see. But seeing Arrow back was a nice treat. :thumbsup:
                      I-45..........I hope the MRI reveal something so the Dr. can fix it. :thumbsup: My wife is having some side effects from the medication that
             the oncologist prescribed, some tiredness is the big one. Thanks for asking.
                      Bud..........You can keep the winter weather out thank you. :woot:
                      Wally........I'm sure the boat launches will open but when is the question. I heard our governor yesterday that he isn't going to rush our
             state to reopen. :unsure: Which is a good thing I guess, we don't want to get a second outbreak of this thing. :%$#!:
                      Yesterday was a lazy day around our house we can only clean so much and I can only putter so much. Hopefully today I can get outside
             and do something.
                     I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at home. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19287 on: Apr 14, 2020, 04:38 AM »
Morning Jeff,
 Unfortunately,  the IPad is still sitting idle...still using my phone .
 Cabin fever is getting to me as well...hang in there!    :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19288 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:06 AM »
36* this morning.

WS, nice to see Arrow show up but you can keep the snow.

Eddie, I agree, all this can become boring quick. I can tell you that "retirement" isn't like this. I seemed to be busy all the time. It may just be the time of year.

Our power went out about 8:30 last night and was out for about 3 hours. Must be why I woke up so early this morning.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19289 on: Apr 14, 2020, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope the docs can adjust MrsIW's meds to something more tolerable for her  :-\

IFF.....fingers crossed this round of antibiotics does the trick  ;)

WS....thanks for the new videos  :thumbsup: 

H2L....glad your power wasn't out too long  ;)

MrC....hope there wasn't too much damage from downed trees in the complex  :pinch:

CapJ.....hope you also survived the storm with little or no damage  ;)

Eddie.....x2 this is NOT retirement  :nono:  except for the part of everyday being Saturday  :woot: :thumbsup:

Most of the rain and wind forecasted missed us yesterday  :clap:  still a little breezy out but that will only help dry the ground up  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.