Author Topic: Automatic fisherman?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline WYfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Automatic fisherman?
« on: Oct 09, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Has anyone used the Automatic fisherman? I was looking at the Youtube videos of it in action, and it seems like a neat design, but was wondering if anyone has used one personally? Was thinking about ordering a couple. Are they worth the money?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Re: Automatic fisherman?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Friend of mine bought one last year and tried it out while fishing with me.  It started screwing up almost immediately (binding up, wouldn't move) and he spent the entire day trying to adjust it (never succeeded).
In myopinion it's a piece of junk invented by a guy who never ice fished in his life.  Don't waste your money!!

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2010, 05:02 AM »
A Crusty old Codger that I used to fish with, my Grandpa, once told me, Be careful boy, because most new fangled fishin gear is ment to catch fishermen, not fish !!  ;D

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Nope, low grade Chinese made piece of junk.  I'm with Surflizard....heard that somewhere before!  :tipup:
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's A Friggin Record Breaker.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2010, 07:42 AM »
I Have had one for 5 years or so. Mine works fine for Trout and Bass. I think the key is the fish has to be able to run with the bait for at least the three feet that the slack line allows or it jerks the bait out of there mouth. You have to give it Slack. I also have a few Slammers. The Kids love to watch and wait for the Bobber to rise.  :)

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2010, 09:29 AM »
I have a homemade slammeresque rig. Works great. I miss the occasional fish. First fish to hit it was a 5-7largemouth. Was awsum! Check on legality b4 u buy. If ya go to Slammer website , I believe there is a list of states and wether it is allowed for use .

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Using the search function showed 11 pages of threads for the automatic fisherman. Pretty sure if you read through several of the threads you'll find plenty of information to help you  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.