Author Topic: Flag fix!  (Read 1381 times)

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
Flag fix!
« on: Nov 13, 2004, 09:44 PM »
If you have problems with your  :tipup: flags cracking, curling and breaking I found a awesome solution.I use 40ups and the flags are terrible and dont even make it through a season without breaking or something.So I decided to buy some of the thin craft foam from walmart or other craft place in RED,ORANGE,AND BLACK.I use red and black or orange and black together.Cut the foam in the a flag shape and put the 2 colors together.When your finished it looks alot like a bowtie.Black on one side and orange or red on the other.On bright sunny days the black is a awesome contrast and overcast or dusk/dawn the red or orange stands out.Cheap,wont crack, and is custom ;D
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Flag fix!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2004, 07:33 AM »
Thanks for the tip (no pun intended).

I use colored duct tape. Usually Red. I keep a roll handy for quick replacements and other MacGyver type stuff.

Brian

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Flag fix!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2004, 08:01 AM »
Same here Brian , after finding my only tip up after misplacing it for over 5 yrs , i saw that the glue holding the flag had gone bad and the flag was not attached anymore , took a pc of orange duct tape and it seems to be holding the flag in place for now , that was last winter , checked it yesterday and still going strong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.