Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

Pics please

<< < (2/5) > >>

TGF:
Anyone out playing this weekend in the great white north?

Drifter_016:
Hey Terry I was going to go today for a couple of hours but am having difficulty willing myself out the door.  ::) It's currently -30 with a brisk wind the chill is -40  :woot: Heck I even have all my stuff ready to go and the 4 stroke yammie sled is plugged in, I guess I'm just a wuss!! LOL This is the first real cold snap of the season and it will take a week or so to get used to the cold. The real bulk of our ice fishing is done in the spring when the days are longer than 4 hours and warmer. I will be doing some serious fishing when I have 2 weeks off later this month though.

On a warmer note I'm heading to Calgary this week for a few days and it's supposed to be above freezing!!  :o

Sorry about that, maybe our Fort Simpson contingent has something for us?
Besides Phill is younger than I am and probably more ambitious. Getting old sucks!!!  :'(

I am building some new rods so that will have to keep me going for another week.

pikeking:
This is a pond we are catching bait in. Pic taken 3 weeks ago and had 3" of black ice then. Now there is 6" and we are cutting holes jigging bait.

Whitefish Slayer:
Nothing from me yet, I've been too busy with work lately, All my gear in on the sled and ready I just gotta find the time to go it's tough with short day light right now so I think I agree and I'll wait it out a bit longer for some more sun light!!!

And man she's chilly here today hahaha
it's been consistent -20's + the wind chill the passed couple weeks
lots of ice.. i just gotta get out.

Good news... here in Town the Mckenzie actually froze Smooth, I guess that doesn't happen too often.  It will be great for getting around. to some news spots much easier travels

Phill

jabers69:
A little colder up there then it is here in NB   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version