Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

New NWT Resident!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Whitefish Slayer:

--- Quote from: jabers69 on Nov 01, 2008, 10:57 AM ---Good luck up there Whitefish Slayer. I want to see lots of pic .

--- End quote ---

Thanks a million man!!
I wanna see some pics of "Home" too let them have it!!

Water Wolf:
I have seen photos of some mighty big lake trout and pike from the NWT's you picked a good area for fishing.
While you are there don't forget to try the Arctic graying,dolly varden, Arctic char and inconnu also called shefish or coney.
Good luck to you Whitefish Slayer. :) :tipup:

WW

Whitefish Slayer:
That's the plan..
Once I figure this place out a little more it will be much better.. I'm still in the learning process there now

thanks

WPT:
I had the opportunity to guide on the Mackenzie River this summer and let me tell you, living in Fort Simpson you are in for some fun come spring!  That river is teeming with monster pike (Probably not fishable in the winter though).

Drifter_016:

--- Quote from: WPT on Nov 21, 2008, 12:15 PM ---I had the opportunity to guide on the Mackenzie River this summer and let me tell you, living in Fort Simpson you are in for some fun come spring!  That river is teeming with monster pike (Probably not fishable in the winter though).

--- End quote ---

Why would you say they aren't fishable in the winter?  :whistle:
There is plenty of winter fishable water on the Mackenzie. Just make sure you find out about the dangerous spots from the locals.
Heck by Christmas time we have an ice road crossing just upriver of where the Ft. Providence ferry is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version