Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

First Ice 2024

(1/4) > >>

dbarnum24:
Wondering if anyone else has had success getting on the hard water in CT this year? Got on a small pond in SE CT this morning and landed some sunfish and whiffed on a bass. Ice was 2.5”, but I had on my floating dry suit, ice picks, and the water was relatively shallow. Won’t survive this rain, but hoping we get a cold snap soon. Had to get out to warm up for a trip my brother and I are going on to Northern NH later this week. Stay safe all!

sploke:
I know a handful of people were out over the weekend, there were some pics in some of the FB groups.  I haven't had the time or inclination to try and get out on 2-3" of ice though.  I'm holding out hope that after the rain and warm temps this week, we get a decent reset and settle in for a cold couple weeks that might lock some stuff up.

lowaccord66:
CT ice season was canceled.  I blame the liberals and global warming.

Ravo Himself:
It's looking like after Saturday we're going to get at least a full week straight off really good ice making temperatures through most of the state. Long range forecast looks cold too but it's hard to trust that far out. Should be more than enough lakes and ponds locked up by next weekend to fish without being over crowded

Curley:
Revo I hope you're right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version