Colorado > Ice Fishing Colorado

My best action on FIRST ICE ever...Got a first timer hooked!

(1/1)

Team CO.F.F.:
   THE ICE IS HERE❄🥶 and we couldn't be more excited! Our first ice of the season, and we got out to a lake at about 10.6K this past weekend... It was NONSTOP ACTION for the few hours that we were there! Early ice conditions with ice ranging from a 4" to 5", and a small layer of snow on top of the whole lake. Easily the most comfortable first ice conditions I have ever fished, with temperatures in the mid 20's, sunny the whole day, and very little wind. We spud barred out a path and got some holes drilled; with depths of water fished ranging from 6 feet to 13 feet. Didn't seem to matter too much where we drilled, as the trout activity was crazy and the double ups were happening all day!!!

Got a buddy of mine out for his VERY FIRST time on the ice...Needless to say with the weather being so cooperative and the action being very consistent, he had a blast🥳

Weapons of choice were several patterns of the Dynamic Lures tungsten jigs and my GF used her hand tied wax worm fly she recently made, it worked tremendously. The trailers on the jigs we used were roadside minnow soft plastics. Firetiger Nano fry and the fake perch eyes they make. I've found the fake perch eyes work tremendously for trout. We also used real wax worms as well. The main reason I switched to them was that my GF caught two white suckers with real wax worms, so I figured I would try too; need to stock up on some laker bait haha.

Tremendous time out and good times had by everyone! We safely estimate around 50+ fish caught and no one got cold or fell through the ice! FIRST ICE SUCCESS!! Hope you all enjoy your turkey day tomorrow, and after; get out on the hard water and hook some fish🎣 Pictures below of the day and a video link as well...Of course lots of action, Fun underwater shots, and drone shots of the area!!

mr.clean:
 Hello nice to see a team CO.F.F. video here on Ice Shanty. Congratulations on the action filled first ice fishing trip of the 2022-2023 season. Nice that the weather was good and tour friend caught fish this always helps to keep a newbie interested in making a second ice fishing trip.

Happy holidays to all of you . May you have a safe and good ice fishing season.

Steve

Team CO.F.F.:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Dec 03, 2022, 08:07 PM --- Hello nice to see a team CO.F.F. video here on Ice Shanty. Congratulations on the action filled first ice fishing trip of the 2022-2023 season. Nice that the weather was good and tour friend caught fish this always helps to keep a newbie interested in making a second ice fishing trip.

Happy holidays to all of you . May you have a safe and good ice fishing season.

Steve

--- End quote ---

Thanks Steve! Hope you had a good warm season and good to talk to you again😄 It was a really good time getting Drew out for his first ever ice trip. Weather and action like that made him addicted pretty quick lol. We made a point of taking him out a few times because he's heading back home for good now that he's finished up college. He lives in Indiana.

Bigassbassman:
Looks like a great day!  Excellent video, too.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Team CO.F.F.:

--- Quote from: Bigassbassman on Dec 10, 2022, 10:00 AM ---Looks like a great day!  Excellent video, too.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

--- End quote ---

Appreciate that man! Really hoping next weekend to get on some different lakes at lower elevation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version