Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Whitefish

finally got one

(1/3) > >>

jabers69:
Well only been out 4 times this year cause the ice has been poor here . But my 3 trip out I finally got my first whitefish. We got 10 whitefish in  2 days . The biggest was 18 inches  the smallest was 15 inches. Man I now know why people like to fish for them ,what a blast to catch.One of the best eating fish I've ever ate. A guy a few shacks over form us got a 22 inch one man what nice fish .

JohnPorter:
congrats on catching your whitefish--and yes they are fun to catch and the tablefare is right beside lobster in my book.

jacksmelt71:
wait till you nail a 24incher!! i had one that size or maybe bigger straiten out a sz. 4 octopuss hook on my jigpole!! cheap reel with a bad drag will lose you more whites than anything. i learned my lesson.

Whitefish Slayer:
jabers69 i also am from New Brunswick and i would say thatyour fishing on Grand Lake and you are from Minto, b/c i am from that exact same area.
Congrats on the whity last year hopefully we have us a tourney this year.  I caught 42 white fish and 75 burbot the week of march break fishing ws nuts last day out i caught 16 and my buddy never caught a one!
HAHAHA!!
what's your name i probably know you!!!

jabers69:
My Joe Branscombe I fish over at COX'S POINT .Ya lets hope we get better weather then last year. Looking foward for some ice .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version