Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1613247 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #29160 on: Oct 05, 2022, 01:52 PM »
Congrats OG 🏆

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29161 on: Oct 05, 2022, 04:56 PM »
Good day today 2 person limit, 7 short and 4 perch!! Going to give it another go in the morning

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29162 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:21 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations team WW!

WS

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #29163 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:29 PM »
Good day today 2 person limit, 7 short and 4 perch!! Going to give it another go in the morning

Nice WW...Lake Erie?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29164 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:50 PM »

Nice WW...Lake Erie?
Nope Oneida Lake

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29165 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:53 PM »

Awesome job. Beautiful day to be out there..👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29166 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:57 PM »
Yes it was, sunny and calm  @)  and the fish were feeding  ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29167 on: Oct 05, 2022, 09:37 PM »
 Good evening , day started off with rain high temperature in the low sixties. Looking forward to seeing some sunshine in coming days after a couple days of overcast skies. I see country music legend Lorretta Lynn died yesterday at the age of 90 may the "Coal Miner's" daughter rest in peace. Congratulations to Arron Judge for breaking Roger Maris record of 61 home runs in a season by hitting his 62ND last night. He now holds the Yankees and American League record for home runs in a season.  :clap: :thumbsup:  Newburgh school district has increased police presence at the high school after Friday's post football game shooting and is looking at moving sporting events to daylight hours and weekends.
Ice Wanderer the recent shootings in Newburgh and Poughkeepsie probably got a mention on NYC based TV news also further giving people the impression that Newburgh is a dangerous place to live and visit. Sadly the city only makes the news when something tragic happens with-in it's borders. Good to read you got the circulatar pump up and running is it part of the wood fired or oil fueled heating systems you have in your home. May the pontoon boat be ready for it's winter cover hopefully one of your sons is available to help put the ridge pole cover support in place and then get cover over the boat.
Eddie like others my body still adjusting to the changing seasons agree it is and will look beautiful as the tree colors change maybe I will make a road trip this weekend to see some of the colors and visit a farm stand/market to see if they have a lower price for apple cider. Super market price by me is $4.50 for a half gallon and $9.00 for a gallon. NY. gas prices will be rising thanks to the recent OPEC dicission to reduce production by 2 million barrels per day to help stabilize price for oil on the various markets.
Icefisher-45 all the best wished for your wife at her endocrinologist appointment. You are good people finding a way to increase storage in your home's/buildings laundry room. It will be nice for all of the residents to have one less thing to tote with them when doing their laundry. You currently have some of the lowest gas prices that i"ve heard of in the U.S. . I have also notice empty shelves and limited selection on some products at supermarkets.
Whopper Stopper sounds like it maybe time to put your wood stove into use once again between the lower temperatures and high winds. Smart thinking on winterizing the pressure washer. Best wished to you if you head to shack to resume the pursuit of Big Ben this weekend. nice that you found a new screen door for the shack.
Hunts2long give my thank you to your nephew for the photo of sow and one of her cubs. My your nephew you stay alert when outside so he does not have a close encounter with mama bear and her cubs.
Wallyworld congratulations to the two of you one today's good day of fishing at Oneida Lake.  :thumbsup: :clap: may tomorrow's trip yield similar or better results.
Iceassin,Raquettedacker may things be going well for you and your families. Best to both of you with regards to Fall fishing and hunting.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #29168 on: Oct 06, 2022, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 47*, calling for a high of 72 here today…might be the last time we see that number for awhile?

Wally…CONGRATULATIONS to Team WW on an amazing trip!! Here’s to another repeat on the water today and Thank You for sharing the pictures!!  :bow: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
  I-45…best wishes to your wife with today’s appointment, hope you had some good news yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…looks like your weather yesterday is arriving here today, and I would imagine the increase in gas prices won’t be far behind…probably already arrived! Hang that “ Closed for the season “ shingle with a smile and best of luck with the next round of Big Ben adventures!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…thanks for sharing the bears picture!  :thumbsup: 
  Steve…X2 on the congrats to Aaron Judge, and also to the fan who caught his 62nd homer…multi-million dollar catch!  :flex: :clap:  Getting ready to see more pictures of someone pointing on the gas pumps again that say “ I did that!   Let’s Go Brandon!  :'(  :%$#!:
  Jeff…hope the fumigation worked and the winterizing went well.  :thumbsup:  what’s on the planner today?

Dr.’s appointment this afternoon and then hopefully the last lawn mowing of the year!  :clap:  One of my sons has been out bow hunting a few times looking for a nice 8 pointer that has been on his camera. He’s been seeing a few deer but not the one he’s after…maybe this afternoon will payoff.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29169 on: Oct 06, 2022, 05:02 AM »

Good morning ER's
                             It's 49* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             H2l..........Is that an apple tree the bears are under. With the dry summer there is less food available in the woods, I've seen many
                 deer and turkey combing the sides of the road feeding. Bears have been raiding peoples garbage cans. :o
                             Wally.......Congratula tions on the banner day. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                             I-45........Best wishes to your wife on the tests. :thumbsup:
                             Marv.......I hope this last tree job is an easy one so are not sore before going after Big Ben. :flex:
                             Eddie......It was a gorgeous day up here yesterday, I saw the the rain line was as far north as Gloversville. The rain was remanence
                 of Ian. :cookoo: Today will be a better day to tackle the lawn. :flex: That reminds me mine needs it again. ::)
                             Steve.....Moving sporting events to daylight hours might be the smart thing to do.  :blink:
                             I see Eddie posted while I was typing, Good morning sir. :thumbsup:
                             I got all that I wanted to do yesterday, boat is winterized, no signs of those little flies so the fumigation worked. Today i'll be mowing
                 and general yard clen up. Leaves are starting to fill the yard so that will be a on going project.
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29170 on: Oct 06, 2022, 05:30 AM »

Good morning ER's  I 45 hope all goes well with your wifes tests today. Team WW another great outing. Z I read you may not get a lot of ice where you are. Madison gets early ice and is not to far. The yahara fishermans club also has a kids outing. IW glad you got the fix done.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29171 on: Oct 06, 2022, 05:40 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

59 to start the day however we are at our high as the temps drop all day long. The beautiful leaves may be short lived as the winds will be at 20mph and gusts to 30mph.

Eddie...Hope everything goes well at the Dr appointment :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IW...I made sure my blower was ready to go as I noticed a few leaved falling to the ground. Good job wiping out the  little flies :thumbsup:

WW...Best of luck if heading back to fill your sack :thumbsup:

45...Hope your wife's tests go well :thumbsup:

Getting my tree gear loaded up and chipper greased today. Hopefully the wind dies down for tomorrows job.

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29172 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:31 AM »
45* and clear.

WW, you have to love days like that. Good luck today, you can't beat this weather.

IW, yes the bears are into his apple trees. The wife and I went up yesterday afternoon and 2 of the cubs were in the trees. Mother was just inside the woods. My nephew took a picture of a cub up in the tree and a small buck under the tree eating apples that were falling. There aren't many apples this year.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29173 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:52 AM »
Morning all, 56° and spitting rain off and on here, forecast is 78 with a chance of rain most of the day.

Been fighting kidney stones for a week now, but I think I've gotten them all passed, been feeling a lot better the last couple days. Got follow up appointment tomorrow, so I should know for sure then.

Not much else going on here, just been busy working. They hired a new guy to do part of the 2nd job they've had me doing the past few months, so my hours should settle down a bit. I'll miss that OT money, but being here that much is getting pretty old, especially with the weather turning nicer for the end of the year and hunting season coming on.

OG - we've had a couple decent ice years back to back here, so I expect a short or no ice winter coming this year or next.  Usually about 1 in every 5 or 10 we get no ice at all. A few seasons ago came close, only had 3 or 4 days of walkable pond ice that year.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29174 on: Oct 06, 2022, 09:48 AM »
Will just put this as a place holder to know what I need to get back and read. Seen one cow yesterday not mush after.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29175 on: Oct 06, 2022, 10:19 AM »
Good late morning, well it is for me, later for me anyway, getting out of bed that is.  Daughter and niece are in route back to Wisconsin.  Not sure before she plans on returning.  Beautiful day on tap upper 70's is the forecast.

Planning on another trip to town to do some shopping.  Turns out my weed whacker is locked up ??? haven't got into it as yet. whether its the cable or froze piston.

Congrads OG, bet that was a hold your mouth just right SMB

Did bite the bullet on new pair of boots. Redwings, $60 off couldn't pass them up.

heard from youngest daughter, she has been battling the Covid last 4 days.

Well as its been said...."burning" daylight.

Oh and it turns out Deer archery season opened Sept. 23rd.

Good health to all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29176 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:18 PM »
A little slower today but no complaints here

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29177 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:28 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29178 on: Oct 06, 2022, 09:49 PM »
 good evening, nice sunny day here with a high in the lower sixties. latest update on the Newburgh schools shooting the district has announced a one week pause in all sporting events as it conducts a safety review. The Warwick Valley (Newburgh's opponent last Friday) and Monroe Woodbury school districts both issued statements saying for the time being they would not be sending their students to any events in the Newburgh School district. If the choice is made not to hold any future fall athletic contests at Newburgh schools neutral sites may have to be found or venues switched and Newburgh play as the visiting team.
In National News President Biden was in Poughkeepsie, NY. today visiting an IBM facility. IBM recently announced it will spend 20 billion dollars in coming years to make semi-conducters and other computer/AI related equipment in Poughkeepsie. At one time IBM was Dutchess county's largest employer. This is connected to the passage of CHIPS Act by congress which has the U.S. spending 280 billion dollars to bring semi-conducter manufacturing back to the U.S.  . Micron recently announced it will spend 100 billion of twenty years to develop a facility in the Syracuse,NY. area (Wallyworld section of NY. )
Eddie may it have been a good doctor's vist. Hope you got home in time to mow your lawn. Best to your son with his bow hunting.
Ice Wanderer back when I was in highschool most of the sporting events in cluding football games were held during daylight hours with most football games played on Saturdays. Good to hear the house fumigation appears to have work and the pontoon boat is winterized.
Old Goat nice of you to provide ice fishing information on Madison,WI. area to Zcm-82 .
Whopper Stopper may all go well with tomorrow's tree work. Sounds like you will be raking leaves soon with those wind speeds.
Hunts2long may the bear family find another food source once the apples are gone nice to be able to see them but your nephew does not need mama try to get into his house and other buildings in a search for food.
Zcm-82 may the doctor visit show that you have passed all of the kidney stones and doctor have suggestions to prevent them from coming back. good to read your employer has hired someone and your work load will be reduced.
Fish/hunt4ever smart idea of using a post as a book mark . may you se more elk activity in coming days.
IFF may your daughter and niece have a safe trip back to WI . Best to your youngest daughter in her battle with Covid.
Wallyworld nice to see it was another good fishing trip for the two of you.

Keep safe and healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29179 on: Oct 06, 2022, 10:46 PM »
I have heard that there are plans for a microchip manufacturer in Columbus Ohio, and some movement in Arizona as well. Since our UPA business is all about this we try and keep involved in what the companies are doing. Also heard Tesla was looking at a few different places but sounds like he is headed towards Texas with Samsung and others down there.

Well in other news we walked one area and nothing, but a 2 point buck deer that looked wounded but could not find him or blood, plus we do not have any deer tags this year as the kids did not want any, and we headed back to the jeep, talked to our buddy and then drove around to look at another spot and while headed guess what a cow elk down by the creek, the youngest daughter could not get into the gun, first year, and the oldest finally seen it and when the cow started heading out she got her.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29180 on: Oct 07, 2022, 02:26 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

35 degrees with a light N wind at 6mph. Looks like about all we will squeeze out for a high today is 50 by late afternoon.

FH4...Congratulations to your daughter on a dandy elk :clap: :clap:

mr.clean...My yard went form clean to covered in leaves in just a couple hours. They can stay put until after the shack.

Eddie...Hope you were able to get your lawn details taken care of :thumbsup: Best of luck to your son in his pursuit :thumbsup:

IW...Are you going to make it to Maine hunting this fall ???

Z...Hope the stones are history. A couple buddies seem to get bothered with them yearly, never pleasant :%$#!:

I am all set for this mornings tree job. I am guessing the s-i-l won't be happy with the cool morning air. I talked to the lady yesterday and she said she was going to add a few things in, I might as well go out with a bang.

Tomorrow I will load up the truck and trailer then early Sunday head to the shack to hopefully bond with Big Ben. I'm looking forward to a few days of stand time.

Hope everyone has a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29181 on: Oct 07, 2022, 04:48 AM »
A little slower today but no complaints here

I would take a slow day like that..👍👍👍

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29182 on: Oct 07, 2022, 04:49 AM »
Congratulations to your daughter fh4.  👍👍

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29183 on: Oct 07, 2022, 05:01 AM »
                 Good morning Marv, ER's,
                          It's 54* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                          Marv........I'm glad Jen is going to help you with the tree job today. :flex: Yes, I'm planning on my Maine hunting trip. :clap:
                          Steve.......When I played sports, thety were held during the day. I think mainly because night lighting was too expensive. Only in
                 the south and out west did they play at night because it was cooler for the kids. :whistle:
                          Eddie.......I hope you were able to get your yardwork done yesterday before the rain today. :unsure:
                          Wally.......Looks like you and Mr. WW had another good day, you guys are on fire.
                          Fish........Congratula tions to your daughter on the cow. :clap: :flex: :bow:
                          Zcm........I hope the stones have passed and you're feeling better. :thumbsup: I'm glad your company got someone to help you out
                 so you have some more hunting time. :clap:
                          Bud.........I hope your daughter doesn't have any severe reactions with her Covid. :unsure:
                          H2l..........Does your nephew like bear, there's an opportunity. :blink:
                          I got my lawn mowed yesterday and did some more yard clean up. Leaves are really changing fast and falling too. My wife is coming home today
                 so cleaning is the word for this morning, not that house is dirty but just to make sure.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy
                          Good morning Dom!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29184 on: Oct 07, 2022, 06:21 AM »
52* and some fog.

ZCM, good to hear you are feeling better.

Mr. C, he thinks the apples will be gone soon, there weren't that many this year. He is just hoping no one shoots the sow once season opens.

F/H4, congrats to your daughter, nice elk.

WW, another good day on the water. I saw 2 boats out on the lake today, It was a nice day!

Knock on wood but I got a good nights sleep last night.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29185 on: Oct 07, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Thanks all, got my fingers crossed for this afternoon, my appointment is at 330

WS - my Dad gets them about once every 5-10 years, and my Mom had them a couple times, so I figured I was gonna end up with them sooner or later. My Dad's are always too large to pass, so I suppose I'm lucky there.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29186 on: Oct 07, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Thanks all, got my fingers crossed for this afternoon, my appointment is at 330

WS - my Dad gets them about once every 5-10 years, and my Mom had them a couple times, so I figured I was gonna end up with them sooner or later. My Dad's are always too large to pass, so I suppose I'm lucky there.

My one buddy has to have laser lithotripsy. Not sure when he started having that done but he said it's the ticket ???

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29187 on: Oct 07, 2022, 07:25 AM »
The laser stuff is fairly new. That's how my Dad had his done last year. Before that he had acoustic lithotripsy several times, and way back in the dark ages he had to have them surgically removed twice 😬

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29188 on: Oct 07, 2022, 09:25 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope all went well with the doctor's appointment  :unsure:

WS.....fingers crossed not too much was added to today's job  :blink:

IW.....leaves are dropping fast  ::)  safe travels to MrsIW  ;)

MrC.....not sure the change of time/venue will stop the crazies  :%$#!:

IFF....thoughts and prayers to your daughter, hope her symptons are mild  :(

H2L.....good to hear you got a good night's sleep  :thumbsup:  water temp was 64* on Oneida quite a few out fishing still  @)

FH4....congrats to your daughter  :flex: :clap:

Z.....hopefully all the stones have passed and you stay stone free in the future  :)

Thanks everyone for the congrats  :bow: we definitely hit the right spot at the right time 2 days in a row, hopefully we'll get out again next week for another day or two  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29189 on: Oct 07, 2022, 10:36 PM »
Good evening, in the upper fifties outside currently after a high in the mid-sixties.
Whopper Stopper may things have gone well for you and your SIL with today's tree work. safe travel to the shack and good hunting wished for you.
Ice Wanderer when I was going through high school in the late 1970's most athletic contests were held during day light hours. The football fiels was still natural grass with the surrounding track having a dirt surface. Now artificial turf field marked for the playing of a few different sports and the track is a modern all weather type. I believe in the late 1980's or sometime in the 1990's lights were installed so night games could be played. May your wife have arrived home safely and been happy with your house cleaning.
Hunts2long good to hear you are sleeping better. I understand your nephew's concern about the sow getting through hunting season.
Zcm-82 may you not need the laser or any over type of procedure to deal with the kidney stones.
Wallyworld I agree with your comment sadly in today's society shootings seem to happen any and everywhere . may you find hungry walleyes if you get out again next week.

May everyone have a good night.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.