Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Whitefish

New England Whitefish?

(1/2) > >>

The Ice Man:
 ??? I have fished in every state in northern New England and haven't rely heard of any waters that have fish-able populations of whitefish and I'm wondering if  anyone has fished for them and if so where and how?  ???   

blacktrap:
we have lots of them in maine

The Ice Man:

--- Quote from: blacktrap on Dec 09, 2012, 11:16 AM ---we have lots of them in maine

--- End quote ---
  what lakes in maine?

blacktrap:
You can find all of them by doing some research on the Maine IFW website.  A couple of places you could start are Chamberlain lake, Ross lake, Telos lake, Allagash lake and Webster lake.  Lots of other good lakes to try if you had the time.  They are not as big as ones you would get from the great lakes or the better ontario lakes, but they are great fun to catch and eat.

The Ice Man:

--- Quote from: blacktrap on Dec 10, 2012, 08:27 PM ---You can find all of them by doing some research on the Maine IFW website.  A couple of places you could start are Chamberlain lake, Ross lake, Telos lake, Allagash lake and Webster lake.  Lots of other good lakes to try if you had the time.  They are not as big as ones you would get from the great lakes or the better ontario lakes, but they are great fun to catch and eat.

--- End quote ---
I have fished Chesuncook before and I though that they would be in there but have never caught any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version