Author Topic: This pike tried to eat my camera!!  (Read 1820 times)

Offline northernpikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
This pike tried to eat my camera!!
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:39 AM »
This aggressive pike came out of nowhere and attacked the camera!!

https://youtu.be/g99nT3ZKBRk

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: This pike tried to eat my camera!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 04:16 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I like how just before the pike strikes the camera he is just staring into the camera.  Kind of give the viewer the impression they are the prey.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline VinceAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Awesome video! Glad there was a happy ending.

Offline bullhead bandit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:48 PM »
My transducer has battle scars from a couple gator attacks as well.

Offline J2theD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:01 AM »
Last year me and the wife were fishing and my camera was about 10' down, looking birds eye over our lures. I was playing on my phone and my wife asks, "whats that pink thing on the camera??"

I look down the hole and the biggest burbot I've seen in my life has my entire camera in its mouth and wouldn't let go. My wife brought her lure up towards him and he could care less, he wanted that camera.

I tried slow pulling him to the hole, but he let go about 3' from the bottom of the hole, attacked the camera again, came a little closer, then slowly swam off. I will bet this burbot was 40"+. It was pretty crazy, wish I had recorded it!
I always C & R Lakers and Rainbows

Offline Bushwhack Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Last year me and the wife were fishing and my camera was about 10' down, looking birds eye over our lures. I was playing on my phone and my wife asks, "whats that pink thing on the camera??"

I look down the hole and the biggest burbot I've seen in my life has my entire camera in its mouth and wouldn't let go. My wife brought her lure up towards him and he could care less, he wanted that camera.

I tried slow pulling him to the hole, but he let go about 3' from the bottom of the hole, attacked the camera again, came a little closer, then slowly swam off. I will bet this burbot was 40"+. It was pretty crazy, wish I had recorded it!

Ha, that's funny.  You should have tied a hook on the camera and threw it back down the hole.  That woulda been something if you caught the state record burbot on a aqua-vu camera

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.