Author Topic: Walleye Books  (Read 4540 times)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Walleye Books
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Are there any must have walleye books for learning behavior for each season/time of day/weather pattern/etc? food they eat, etc.?
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Walleye Books
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2016, 01:54 PM »
 I have a copy of  'Walleye Wisdom,an In-Fisherman Handbook of Strategies'  from the local library. For a novice like myself it has a huge amount of new information on seasonal patterns in different water body types. Not too much on ice fishing though.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2016, 02:24 PM »
X2 on "walleye wisdom" which contains a ton of information, I believe I got my copy off ebay. Another decent one is "the comprehensive guide to WALLEYE PATTERNS" by Babe Winkelman. Of the two "walleye wisdom" contains way more information, but like already stated it has to do with mostly open water fishing.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Just bought a copy. Thanks guys
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2019, 01:29 AM »
One of the best overall books for walleye that I read was Walleye Trouble Shooting: Mike McClelland or any of the MIke McClelland books. His hay day was back a few years but his knowledge of walleye fishing still applies today.

Offline SkWalter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2019, 12:49 PM »
In-Fisherman has a 5 book series on Walleye called "Critical Concepts".  I have Book 2 ("Location") and Book 5 ("Putting it all together").  Book 1 is about the Walleye species, Book 3 is about various presentations, Book 4 is about electronics (which is a bit dated now given the new technology). 

Book 2 has a bit about locating walleyes under the ice, but all of the books seem mostly focused on open water. 

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2019, 08:50 PM »
In-Fisherman has a 5 book series on Walleye called "Critical Concepts".  I have Book 2 ("Location") and Book 5 ("Putting it all together").  Book 1 is about the Walleye species, Book 3 is about various presentations, Book 4 is about electronics (which is a bit dated now given the new technology). 

Book 2 has a bit about locating walleyes under the ice, but all of the books seem mostly focused on open water.

I never read a lot of their books  but watched many of The In-Fisherman videos back a few years. There were and still are one of the best information/education fishing shows ever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.