Author Topic: Predictions for post-storm ice conditions?  (Read 642 times)

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
Predictions for post-storm ice conditions?
« on: Jan 28, 2015, 12:46 PM »
What are you guys thinking the local waters will be like after all this snow? Think this weekend will be safe?

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Predictions for post-storm ice conditions?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:29 PM »
The ice will be fine. The problem will be parking and walking to your honey hole, unless you got a machine. Seeing the flags could be an issue depending on what type of tip ups you use. 20 inche's in my neck of the woods and not much blew off a pond I looked at today.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :unsure:

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:37 AM »
A post on the Mass board got me thinking, since some guys over there were saying this snow would spell the end of the season for SE Massachusetts. I am thinking/hoping you are right, Ballbag. I am going to try and brave one of the local ponds this weekend with snowshoes.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 03:28 PM »
didn't stop to check it  but I just drove by Barbers and there was a couple guys walking out toward the middle and the snow didn't appear to be very deep

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Evan and I were walking out to the middle of Barbers @ approx. 12:30pm or so. The ice @ the 12-15 ft depth was 5-6 inches. The snow was various depths with as much as 16" to as little as 1". We had 7 flags landed 3 fish. One Larry 1.8lb and two pics. The snow was very wet and I am a little concerned about tomorrow and the weight of the snow being a factor. The water pressure under the ice is very great. We had some serious cracks. I would be careful out there.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:22 PM »
gonna suck walking in that deep snow this weekend..
Chepi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.