Author Topic: where to go on Independence  (Read 651 times)

Offline DaYoop

• IceShanty Rookie
where to go on Independence
« on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:08 PM »
I've never been ice fishing on Lake Independence before but would like to give it a try for pike.  Can anyone give me some tips on which part of the lake to look?   Is it driveable with a truck or too much snow?   

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where to go on Independence
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:12 AM »
I have fished it many times but have never targeted pike. Caught some dandys on accident though. I got a buddy with a place out there. Him and his grandpa target them right off shore of the park not to far of a walk. They do pretty good. People do drive on the lake but i havent been out there this year so idk if they got trucks out yet or not. Normally because of the rivers flowing in and out of it people park their trucks and take side by sides or sleds.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:39 AM »
One guy was driving out there in his Chevy, but that was the day before the last storm. Lots of slush pockets on the ice, and that guy had to giv'er through a couple of em, im sure that'll only get worse after the next few days.

As for pike, some guys opened up some spearing holes out in front of perkins. Marked them with sticks, not sure what kind of luck they had.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline DaYoop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2018, 09:37 AM »
I think I better walk.  Thanks for the tips guys.   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.