The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Launch Etiquette  (Read 495 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Launch Etiquette
« on: Feb 26, 2024, 07:22 AM »
So I was packing up my vehicle at the launch yesterday when something happened that totally blew my mind. I had pulled over on the ramp so another vehicle could load up if they pulled in. There was nobody there when I started loading up but then a truck pulled in and backed up next to me. Right after that, another truck pulled into the turnaround spot on the left of the launch at Belmont by the Porta-potty. I saw him but figured he was waiting for one of us to pull out. NOPE! He backed up right in front of me (and blocked me in) so he could unload his and his buddy's sleds. WHO DOES THAT???!!!  :o  I thought it was just common courtesy to wait for someone to pull out before backing in to unload. SO I had to wait a few minutes after I had packed up for these knuckleheads to unload and then move their stuff off to the side so I could pull out. I thought about saying something to the guy but I just wanted to get out of there and didn't want a confrontation. SO I just shook my head, rolled my eyes and stared in disbelief at what I was seeing................ ...................... ....... ::)

ANybody else ever have this happen to them?
Where's the FISH?!

Offline kmu70

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Launch Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2024, 08:16 AM »
lol , not exactly that, but in life in general ,yes lots of that. i call it the "me" syndrome. everything is about me .**** anyone else
what you did was best. sometimes they are clueless .just dont get it . its surprisingly nice when someone is courteous and respectful.
which should be the norm.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2024, 11:37 AM »
Yes- exactly! Never said a word, just pulled in front of me and blocked me in. If he would have asked if I mind if he unloads quickly in front of me I would have said sure-no problem. But no- he didn’t even acknowledge that I was there. It was like he was gonna do what he wanted and screw everyone else! His parents obviously didn’t do a very good job of raising him............. ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:06 PM »
geez rut, you're becoming quite the snow flake ain'tcha.  ;D

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:15 PM »
So I was packing up my vehicle at the launch yesterday when something happened that totally blew my mind. I had pulled over on the ramp so another vehicle could load up if they pulled in. There was nobody there when I started loading up but then a truck pulled in and backed up next to me. Right after that, another truck pulled into the turnaround spot on the left of the launch at Belmont by the Porta-potty. I saw him but figured he was waiting for one of us to pull out. NOPE! He backed up right in front of me (and blocked me in) so he could unload his and his buddy's sleds. WHO DOES THAT???!!!  :o  I thought it was just common courtesy to wait for someone to pull out before backing in to unload. SO I had to wait a few minutes after I had packed up for these knuckleheads to unload and then move their stuff off to the side so I could pull out. I thought about saying something to the guy but I just wanted to get out of there and didn't want a confrontation. SO I just shook my head, rolled my eyes and stared in disbelief at what I was seeing................ ...................... ....... ::)

I may have witnessed that, RuttNutt.  When I came down the road to the ramp, there were two pickups behind me.  I pulled over on to the side of the loop by the launch.  I was in a little SUV.  The two trucks pulled up to the ramp.  I didn’t pay attention as I was unloading my sled, then I parked my SUV in the lot.  But that may have been when you got boxed in.  Sorry if it was me that caused the problem.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:17 PM »
 I thought it was just the summer guys in their boats that did stuff like that.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:34 PM »
geez rut, you're becoming quite the snow flake ain'tcha.  ;D

LMBO! Yeah, that’s me- major SNOWFLAKE! 🤣🤣🤣

Actually, I thought about just driving around him in the grass and spinning the wheels shooting grass and mud all up in his grill as I drove away...........but then I heard my dad’s voice saying “two wrongs don’t make a right!” 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:41 PM »
I may have witnessed that, RuttNutt.  When I came down the road to the ramp, there were two pickups behind me.  I pulled over on to the side of the loop by the launch.  I was in a little SUV.  The two trucks pulled up to the ramp.  I didn’t pay attention as I was unloading my sled, then I parked my SUV in the lot.  But that may have been when you got boxed in.  Sorry if it was me that caused the problem.

Not at all! You had nothing to do with it- no reason to apologize! It was the guy in the pickup that couldn’t wait 2 min for me to finish up, and backed in right in front of me.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline onlyhrdwtr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2024, 03:25 PM »
Ya, it was a little crazy when everyone was getting off.  I hope it wasn't me. Left my stuff on the ice. Took what ever I could carry to the truck. Pulled the truck down, a spot was open, backed in loaded the rest of my stuff and went back to the parking lot to secure everything for the ride. I know it was a little nuts. Sorry didn't get to meet you.

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2024, 04:32 PM »
Not at all! You had nothing to do with it- no reason to apologize! It was the guy in the pickup that couldn’t wait 2 min for me to finish up, and backed in right in front of me.
Thanks.  Im glad it wasn’t me.  That boat launch is too narrow.  I can’t imagine bringing a boat on a trailer down there with multiple people waiting.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2024, 06:29 PM »
Ya, it was a little crazy when everyone was getting off.  I hope it wasn't me. Left my stuff on the ice. Took what ever I could carry to the truck. Pulled the truck down, a spot was open, backed in loaded the rest of my stuff and went back to the parking lot to secure everything for the ride. I know it was a little nuts. Sorry didn't get to meet you.

No, couldn’t have been you Will- this happened yesterday. Yeah, sorry we couldn’t meet one of the days you were here. Seemed like you were on the lakes I was fishing either the day before or after I was there. We’ll try again next season.............
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2024, 08:54 PM »

Those rednecks were drunk. They started drinking at 10 AM. No insult to rednecks: A redneck is a hard worker; that's how he got a redneck. Joke: How can you tell a redneck from a hill-billy? Answer: A redneck shoots deer; a hill-billy shoots stop-signs.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2024, 04:29 AM »
LOL! Never heard that one JMZ!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2024, 09:02 AM »
launches are great places for everyone to see who the assholes and idiots are.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.