New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011  (Read 17357 times)

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
Re: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011
« Reply #120 on: Feb 11, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I would hate to say its good to go, then someone get stuck bad.  I will say its a ton harder on top than its been in the last few weeks.

Works or me! Thanks
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #121 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:38 AM »
Hey Gamehog... Never met ya but see you avidly fish... i was out last night for my normal calico bite and noticed that the water clarity around the weedlines has gradually been getting worse....mainly the past 10 days.... lastnite being the worst.... is the lake starting to turn or the weeds in deeper water dying off?  Just trying to stay on top of my game and understand the lake better... 
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #122 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:34 AM »
100% correct. Two thoings happening.  Weeds are dieing off due to the lack of light.  Bugs are hatching.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #123 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:40 AM »
10-4.... saw the bugs on camera too.... thanks alot....
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #124 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:21 PM »
i always see the bugs at nite on the cam especially if you turn the lights on  .... the zooplankton  especially in the summer couldnt even use the cam at night..  but hey the fish like those bugs.  ;D
youngster

Offline capt s

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:25 PM »
just wonderin how the ice and the bite has been? i will be up there saturday and was hopin i could get a report on things. thanks guys!

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #126 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Was slow last Sunday. Will be up there on Sunday.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:46 AM »
The worst day yet.  Must be the weather.  Bring on the artic.

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #128 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:57 AM »
Chautauqua has been terrible for me this year for size, and numbers. Been out 4 times only, but best day was 11 keepers. Two years ago it was much better. Maybe just the luck of the draw, but reports seem to suggest the same for most guys.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:49 AM »
it has been slower in my opinion anyways. Usually after most guys have called it a year  is when I really get after them.

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Feb 20, 2011, 03:09 PM »
ayone headed out there tommorow

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Feb 20, 2011, 03:14 PM »
yep headed out in the am looking for some hungry perch this time   no 40 mph wind should make fishing a bit more enjoyable.

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Feb 20, 2011, 03:31 PM »
are you guys getting snow tonight?  where you headed in the am. i might go to lp early

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Feb 20, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Getting pounded with snow now.  Calling for 6 to 10 overnight.  Not what we needed.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Feb 20, 2011, 09:27 PM »
snowing now fishing vikings tomorrow . Need some perch  damn kids ate the last batch before I had a chance to get any. Tight lipped at Long Point saturday. A little too breezy to move around much so we just dug through dinks and drank through the dead times. I just built a new snow sled gonna try it out tomorrow, hopefully it works I just used what I had laying around. Anyways fellas good luck if you get out I'll let you know how I do.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Feb 21, 2011, 05:37 AM »
Marcus you digging out to go fish or is it a lost cause.  I was pushing snow on the road with my truck this am.  Got a good foot here.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Feb 21, 2011, 07:58 AM »
working nights so this is early for me. gonna try to get down there looks like a lot of snow on my way now

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #137 on: Feb 21, 2011, 06:20 PM »
hey guys!!!! hope the mid winter blues are getting over... i have kinda lost track of days and snow working everyday lately... gonna get back after those calico shortly... whats the ice conditions and water clarity in the northern 1/2 of the lake... are the creeks raging with water?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Feb 21, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Water clairity is as bad as it could be.  Couldn't see the bottom of the ice in the hole.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #139 on: Feb 21, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Game hog what area were you at?

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #140 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Water clairity is as bad as it could be.  Couldn't see the bottom of the ice in the hole.
well thats not what i wanted to hear....due to ice melting?  run off? lake turning like we spoke about?... trying to make time to get down there starting in a week or so.... i will check back with you in a couple days Gamehog....

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Feb 21, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Over the deep water in MS the water was as clear as it could be. I did notice the Bemus area was no where near as clear.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #142 on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Prend creek.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #143 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:22 AM »
thanks guys... can always rely on the two of you... have fun and dont catch them all.... hahaha

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Majober,  i'm heading down saturday night to where you're talking.............i can let you know if u haven't made it up there by then..........

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #145 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Was planning on coming up off of Prendgrast launch on Sat. Would it be Ok out in 35-40 ft. more towards the north side of the launch? Or should I go to Long Point or M.S. Never fished any where than Prend. and Mayville once thru the ice.

Offline Lightman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Feb 22, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Crappie_Rod, you would be just fine at PG, LP, or MS. It's a crap shoot it seems this season. Good luck

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #147 on: Feb 23, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Coming down this weekend for the WALDO's and the Jumbo Perch I keep hearing about!!

Please reply with some numbers  ::)

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #148 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:02 PM »
0 eyes
1 12" female
Tons of dinks this am.
Happy.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #149 on: Feb 23, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Good enough for me. If your at 0 then there should be a few left!  I'm sure i'll be in your neck of the woods though...launching by the creek and will have my quad for an all day excursion. Red quad single man Clam stop by if you see me. I'll be punching holes from LP to MM, Friday-SAT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.