The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Gas auger bits on Milwaukee Fuels?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline big-fat-john

• IceShanty Rookie
Gas auger bits on Milwaukee Fuels?
« on: Jan 21, 2019, 11:07 PM »
I searched and didnt find any info on it so I'm posting here. Does anyone use a gas auger bit on their Milwaukee Fuel 2700/2800 series drill/drivers? Any issues?

I have a 5" lazer gas auger bit and a 8.25" chipper style auger bit. The powerhead died and they're just sitting in my basement. Wondering if I can use these without any issues. I'd want the 8.25" laying boards for pike. The 5" for panfish.

TIA

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Re: Gas auger bits on Milwaukee Fuels?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:30 PM »
the 5 shouldnt be an issue. But the chipper would be too much for the drill imo. the chipper just takes too much power to turn.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:15 PM »
I have a 6” chipper blade from a Strikemaster auger on a Milwaukee Mud Mixer drill head.  It works great!  Plenty of power and RPM to drill through 12” of hard ice in seconds!!  I have the power head still, but don’t think I’ll ever use it again.  Thinking of posting it here in For Sale if you’re interested.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2019, 03:37 PM »
May need an adapter to go from gas auger drill unit to your hand dril StrikeMaster makes one l

https://www.rapala.com/strikemaster/auger-accessories/power-auger-adapter---1-2-cordless-drill/NDA-2.html?cgid=strikemaster-augerAccessories#start=13&cgid=strikemaster-augerAccessories

Yes, you do need an adapter. I got mine on Sportsmans Guide website , made by Strikemaster.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.