The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: White Sulphur area  (Read 727 times)

Offline rkymtnfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
White Sulphur area
« on: Dec 30, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Anybody have a handle on snow and road conditions around White Sulphur. Say into Newlans or Sutherland or Martinsdale??? Thanks.. I live in Roundup and long way to travel and find impassible accesses.

Offline BourbonSnowCone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: White Sulphur area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Fished Newlan on the 27th. Road into the lake was plowed. Parking was a little tougher as all the places to pull off were plowed shut. Most people just parked along the road. Fishing was good for trout and smaller ling.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2015, 05:41 PM »
I tried martinsdale on Monday and couldn't make it to the lake. After getting stuck it ruined our day You could prob make it on a fourwheeler or snow machine. Road is drifted shut just past the last house.  Talked to the locals and the plow stops at the bridge over the ditch so until a warm up its gonna be hard to access it. Was up around harlo today and the wind was getting with it highway was drifting so prof worse now

Offline WSSICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WSSiceman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2015, 09:31 PM »
You can access Lake Sutherland at the dam (west)end. The road from the highway to the dam has 6-10" of snow but passable. Everyone is parking at the dam level and walking from there. 

Offline rkymtnfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2015, 09:38 AM »
Thanks for the quick replies on White Sulphur and Harlo areas. Really helps my planning for the next trip up there which will be very soon. Probably take a 4 wheeler and try to get onto Martinsdale first.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.