The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who is gonna be at LMR for the Snappy derby Saturday?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Lets do a sign up.  If you are coming...who are you and how do we recognize you on the ice?

I will be on a green and black older Yamaha Grizzly with a windshield and black trunk on rear rack. Towing a small ATV trailer with all our gear on it. Probably wearing my red suit,  Frabill shacks...STACKS of fish ALL around me :o :o :o (thats why we need the trailer ::)

Next?
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Who is gonna be at LMR for the Snappy derby Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:44 PM »
blue and yellow polaris snowmobile pulling tandem sleds  ;D ;D

on a side note everyone pulling a trailer watch out for the frost heaves on the mainroad just before the sharp corner of the camp tuffit entrance they have gotten really nasty the last one is a real dusy
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

oldschoolben

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:23 PM »
im going ill be with my wife and two kids i cant wait my first time on lmr this year

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Just sent off the entry fee today ;D ;D ;D Will be riding Black Polaris 850,  wearing red Arctic Shield coat.....We are coming up from Lewistown...Where's the best place to stay guys, and how many have you got signed up now?

Almost forgot, how's the ice?

Ummm....are you talking about the Perch Assault which is next weekend...or the Snappy free derby that is THIS Saturday?  pm me if you want info on the PA
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline H-glow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2011, 09:00 PM »
to polarise blue rmks both pulling otter ice houses gona look like kindergarten just got out 6-7 kids let the mayhem rip            ps. my kids perch is going to kick your kids perches @#$      sorry for that geting a little hot for the big tourney

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2011, 09:10 PM »
to polarise blue rmks both pulling otter ice houses gona look like kindergarten just got out 6-7 kids let the mayhem rip            ps. my kids perch is going to kick your kids perches @#$      sorry for that geting a little hot for the big tourney

;D ;D ;D

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Should be there with my wife and daughter.  If my daughter doesn't start feeling better I may have to leave her with my mom.   :(  Stupid cold!  We have a Frabill Speed Shack XL and a green Artic Cat Bearcat.  

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2011, 10:39 PM »
see ya on the ice my six year old  is ready for another perch trophy ;D ;D and all that great gear SNAPPYS  just gives away!! one of the best family tourneys in the state ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

:icefish:
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline ham_viper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2011, 10:47 PM »
My 8 year old son, my brother and my dad will be there. White Suzuki King Quad with two red Quick Set 3s. Good luck to all.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:21 AM »
We'll be there in a green polaris ranger with a fabril shack following behind. My wife will be in here usual all pink and I'm sure all three of my daughters will be lying on the ice, snow, slush in the gereral area. Can't miss us. See ya all Saturday. Was woundering also If I unload at the state park is the road snow or ice the rest of the way. Don't want to drag the bottom out of my shack.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:34 AM »
We'll be there in a green polaris ranger with a fabril shack following behind. My wife will be in here usual all pink and I'm sure all three of my daughters will be lying on the ice, snow, slush in the gereral area. Can't miss us. See ya all Saturday. Was woundering also If I unload at the state park is the road snow or ice the rest of the way. Don't want to drag the bottom out of my shack.

fished last night and it's all snowpacked ;D

my 3 year old will beat up yours and take his  fish ;D ;D

Offline Fishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2011, 10:12 AM »
My GF and I will be there, pulling our gear on two blue river sleeping pads (pacopads).  Will both be wearing one-piece green snowsuits- hard to miss!   We have a blue ClamShell ice house. 

Any suggesstions on where to camp on Friday night?  We were thinking of just sleeping in the state parks parking lot, but was not sure if it was allowed. Anyone ever fished off from the lodge or is it just better to fish off the state park like usual?  Appreciate any tips.

Looking forward to the derby, Thanks Snappys!

Offline H-glow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Quote from: Aaron072 link=topic=188635.msg1834373#msg1834373 date=1298036056

[/quote
my kid dropped out of preschool bacause it cut into his fishing time catch him if you can

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:04 PM »
i love it :clap: :bow: :clap:

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Just called and signed up the 3 of us.  The little girl woke up full P&V this morning ready to fish.  She had no voice but can't wait to go.  Loading the truck and leaving as soon as my wife gets done with school and my mom picks up the baby boy.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:40 PM »
The little girl wanted to bring her backpack and even loaded all her clothes in there.  Is she ready?

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2011, 06:23 PM »
[quote author=Aaron072 link=topic=188635.msg1834373#msg1834373 date=1298036056

my kid dropped out of preschool bacause it cut into his fishing time catch him if you can

WINNER!!!

Offline H-glow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:09 PM »
mike will look you up tomorow might be at way in. if your not to bisey got a question about camping during the assault

Offline Fishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2011, 09:31 PM »
[quote author=Aaron072 link=topic=188635.msg1834373#msg1834373 date=1298036056

kind of makes me wish I had kids so I could say things like that! nice one.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2011, 04:51 PM »
Great tourny and weather thanks to everyone and snappy's ;D ;D

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2011, 05:48 PM »
We were there. Good tournament, all kids 12 and under got fishing pole and reel combos. Tons of door prizes, it took them an hour at least to give them all away. We showed up around 9:30 and only caught three perch between eight of us. Myself I didn't catch one but my wife caught one. The winning perch in the men's and women's categories were absolute monsters, they were both around a pound and a half so was one of the winners in one of the small kids categories, I didn't catch what age the kid was but the fish looked like it was nearly as big as the kid. It was fun but I wish the fishing would have been better so we would have at least got a fish fry worth, oh well I may go back up Monday and fish it again and see if I can do any better.

Offline ham_viper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Snappys tourney was awesome! THANK YOU SNAPPYS!  On a side note I won! Biggest perch I have ever caught in my life 1.45 lbs. Was the only fish we caught all day between 4 of us. Really slow but still fun. A great tournament, highly recommend.  I will post a picture later when I get it off my camera.

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Snappys tourney was awesome! THANK YOU SNAPPYS!  On a side note I won! Biggest perch I have ever caught in my life 1.45 lbs. Was the only fish we caught all day between 4 of us. Really slow but still fun. A great tournament, highly recommend.  I will post a picture later when I get it off my camera.

Good job ham viper.  Where and how often do you fish?  Hard to get people to fish with sometimes. If you need someone to go with, let me know.  Also from Hamilton and have most weekends free.
  BE THERE!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:20 PM »

That was by far and away the biggest perch I have ever seen in person. Congrats on your win!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2011, 01:06 AM »
I fished with my wife and daughter and got 11 salmon and around 45 perch.  Really light bite.  We didn't get anything that compared to the excellent size the winners of the adult men and womens or kids 1-6 years old had but we got enough for a good fish fry.  It was fun and I look forward to learning more about this lake and what potential it holds.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2011, 09:51 AM »
congrat on that big fish way to go what part of the lake were you on and how deep were you
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2011, 10:49 AM »
don't tell him he cant find the hole on the computer get up here and find sum ;D ;D
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:27 AM »
don't tell him he cant find the hole on the computer get up here and find sum ;D ;D

x2

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:39 AM »
my partner is on the lake doing reconnaissance I'm on the PC do recon that's how we take your money send check to www.weregonakicksomeaz z  ;D ;D ;D
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:42 AM »
my partner is on the lake doing reconnaissance I'm on the PC do recon that's how we take your money send check to www.weregonakicksomeaz z  ;D ;D ;D

You missed your gimpy armed buddy yesterday ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.