Author Topic: Underwater Camera Recording AV/HDMI Output - Anyone use their Phone?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thinking about using my phone as a video capture device.  Anyone done this?  Looks like guys flying drones have been using their phone as a video storage/editing tool for awhile.

Looks like with an android phone I need an OTG USB cable, an EasyCap.... and an app.   All can be had for under $15.

You can see the yellow RCA video connection from the drone... consequently for our application we could just plug in our Aqua Vu or Marcum cameras that don't already have built in DVR.

Also they make WiFi Video transmitters used in the automotive backup camera world... so you would otherwise never have to be "tethered" from your phone to your underwater camera.

Anyone take this up vs. the older-school push-button Video Capture devices?

EDIT:  Looks like Aqua Vu has a $149 "Wifi Transmitter" already in place... my guess I could do it with a $35 backup-camera Wifi transmitter and a free android app? [looks to be the same thing to be honest]

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Good question -
I'd like to see where this discussion goes.
There has to be a good way.

:tipup:
Lobes

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I just video the screen of my camera unit with the phone camera if I want to record.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
&feature=emb_logo
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.