Author Topic: Hook 4 Chirp C-MAP Genisis Social Maps  (Read 546 times)

Offline Seppic

• IceShanty Rookie
Hook 4 Chirp C-MAP Genisis Social Maps
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:21 PM »
I bought a Hook 4 Chirp Ice machine from Bass Pro last week and it's perfect for what I need.  Some basic contours of lakes and decent sonar.  I'm more of a summer bass guy so don't need anything ultra fancy for when I get some hard water time put in during the winter to help stave off these Michigan winters and fill my fishing itch. One of the features that I thought was cool was the ability of the Lowrance units to be loaded up with the C-MAP genesis social maps.  I added my unit and downloaded a map for the lake some of us are ice fishing this weekend.  It all seems to have worked fine, minus the fact that the map is colored a little funny.  For starters, it's the only map that will load on the unit, everything else is hidden.  Then there are no options to disable it or go back to the built in maps.  When zoomed out it's all green, then as you zoom in and more contours show, it's colored from light/dark blue and then dark purple.  All the contours are there when I zoom in, but the purple just isn't that easy on the eyes.

Does anyone else have any experience with the Genesis maps?  I suppose this will work fine outside of being a little annoying, but would really love if there was a way to change the colors or do something different.

Thanks!

First pic is what the social map looks like on my computer, second loaded onto the unit.

Offline sfw1960

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A color LCD just for me, 4KW for your eyes only!
Re: Hook 4 Chirp C-MAP Genisis Social Maps
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:59 PM »
You have the choice.

Menu, menu - Chart/ select drop down, SocialMapxxxxxx is what you have selected, cursor UP to Lowrance (basemap).

This is a Hook7.

You may have to have Advanced mode selected...

RAS
HB Helix Chirp DI GPS G2/XI 9 1521 on !CE sure is n!CE - Lose the Vex and get 4 KiloWatts of Vex-blinding 'Bird power, and "see ALL of what's down there"   >:D

Bringer OF the 'Bird ~ Robert

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.