Got one myself.   Love it.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
Re: Fl-20
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2011, 05:26 PM »

LX 5 is better and cheaper ...... X67 in graph is better than the Marcum , but not the Vex  . It is a conundrum  ::) ::) >:D

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2011, 05:29 PM »
Welcome to the Vexilar family! Fl-20 RULE!!!!
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2011, 05:33 PM »

LX 5 is better and cheaper ...... X67 in graph is better than the Marcum , but not the Vex  . It is a conundrum  ::) ::) >:D
get out of here boy  :P this is a vex thread and you are not welcome :P :P ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2011, 05:36 PM »
You'll like it lot. Get ready for flasher neck.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:01 PM »
get out of here boy  :P this is a vex thread and you are not welcome :P :P ;D
Dude .... I have a FL 8  ;D .... watch who you call boy Pippen  ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Dude .... I have a FL 8  ;D .... watch who you call boy Pippen  ;D
dude  ??? how many fish did you catch with that thing today. i would tell you what i got with my FL20 today but i was sworn to total secrecy by my guide today  :P :P :P :P :P :P it was a lot more then that dink sun fish you got the other day. thanks for the Photo of that monster though  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D how do you like them apples :P :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Diehardiceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I'm still waiting for the marcum guys to chime in. Hopefully I'll be getting a vex fl-22. Soon

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:11 PM »

Hey , that was the result of alot of hard work  ::) good for you bro Adam forwarded me a pic of some tasty lookin crap  ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:13 PM »

Hey , that was the result of alot of hard work  ::) good for you bro Adam forwarded me a pic of some tasty lookin crap  ;D
rack up 50 gills also so a few fish dinners coming up ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Sweet ! Were you with FM and theose guys ?

Offline muzzyem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:22 AM »
vex is the way to go
anytime anyone inserts the word"need" regarding a free mans choice, is a dangerous person. The Nuge

Offline Fatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:11 AM »
I personally have a fl-18 and love it.    I just don't understand why people people bash different manufactures.  The bottom line is no matter what kind you have, if you do not know how to use it or are not willing to put in the effort to find fish, no model is going to bring the fish to you.

P.S I drive a Silverado.

Offline EvanW86

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fresh hardwater fish. the best
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:19 AM »
A number 1. A vex is the best on the market. Which now this year the im actually gettin a flasher. Fl-20 fish scout double vision camera vex combo with a 7" color screen.   And boys... real men guide them selves dont have guides take them out. Just a lil bit of info
Just another day on the ice!!!

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:10 AM »
I personally have a fl-18 and love it.    I just don't understand why people people bash different manufactures.  The bottom line is no matter what kind you have, if you do not know how to use it or are not willing to put in the effort to find fish, no model is going to bring the fish to you.

P.S I drive a Silverado.
yer right the flasher won't find fish...that's what lurking is for LMAO...I have no problems with my ol rattle box hypno wheel fl8...she works everytime

Offline Mr. Freeze Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:45 AM »
You guys kill me...i was a vex guy for years but i switched over to Marcum and i love it.  It all boils down to what works for you...but to say vex is number one...than you need to show some scientific proof and you know as well as i do, there is none. I personally know some Vex prostaffers from the midwest who play the vex game for corporate and as soon as they are on there own...they pull out the Marcum.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:14 AM »
A number 1. A vex is the best on the market. Which now this year the im actually gettin a flasher. Fl-20 fish scout double vision camera vex combo with a 7" color screen.   And boys... real men guide them selves dont have guides take them out. Just a lil bit of info

if your referring to HT's use of the word guide he didn't have one we call each other that all the time it just depends who's idea it was to go to a certain place , and I'm glad that your abilities allows you to travel all over and put a beat down on everything you fish for  your my hero  :blink: :blink:you must be a really good internet detective ;D

Offline NORRM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see fish lurking about the chilly depths!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:15 AM »
I've had a vex FL 8 for about 15 years now and still works as good as the day I got it. I upgraged 2 years ago to the FL20 Ultra pack with all the bells and whistles. LOVE IT !!!   I also have a Marcum LX 5 that my son uses when we go out and I always let him know that while he's using the Marcum I'm using the CATCHUM ;D ;D ;D ;D I love my vex's and don't go out on the ice without them PERIOD
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his shanty all day and drink BEER!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Lmao good one , i now use another unit but still have a fl18 that 7+ yrs old ,and sold my fl8 to a friend it is now 17 yrs old now that is dependability ,and i'm not saying whati think is best so  what you all have is the best

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:38 PM »
I'm still waiting for the marcum guys to chime in. Hopefully I'll be getting a vex fl-22. Soon

Looks like their all too busy de-bugging their lx-7s. 

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Looks like their all too busy de-bugging their lx-7s.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2012, 03:37 PM »
just for the record here not that i give a crap what an apparent ice fishing rookies says at all. i did not pay for a guide yesterday but fished with a fellow ice fisherman that new the area that i was in and helped point me in the right direction for the fish i was after. in return i will do the same for him when he comes down to my area later in the season. i suggest that you keep your comments to your self in the near future here on this site or you will never get any help from us seasoned ice guys. jmo 

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2012, 03:53 PM »
I love my vex and would have it no other way...Just upgraded to the double vision from my old fl-18 and it was worth every penny
FISH ON

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:06 PM »
just for the record here not that i give a crap what an apparent ice fishing rookies says at all. i did not pay for a guide yesterday but fished with a fellow ice fisherman that new the area that i was in and helped point me in the right direction for the fish i was after. in return i will do the same for him when he comes down to my area later in the season. i suggest that you keep your comments to your self in the near future here on this site or you will never get any help from us seasoned ice guys. jmo

what not going to use your phrase [,End of story] or wasn't worth it  ;D

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:25 PM »
I have been trying to get my Buddie to get a fl-8 and i think he might be there
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Whats funny is guys saying they are upgrading but to what, no difference between a FL-8 and a FL-20 other than flatscreen and zoom, and that is not realy even a zoom but a blown up segmate......All are 400 watts and need a special low power mode for what reason I have never found out when othe rbrands with 2500-4800 watts see's better in shallow weeds and do not need a low power mode... I was once on the Vex bandwagon but saw the light and moved up to a better unit....

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Whats funny is guys saying they are upgrading but to what, no difference between a FL-8 and a FL-20 other than flatscreen and zoom, and that is not realy even a zoom but a blown up segmate......All are 400 watts and need a special low power mode for what reason I have never found out when othe rbrands with 2500-4800 watts see's better in shallow weeds and do not need a low power mode... I was once on the Vex bandwagon but saw the light and moved up to a better unit....

your right but if your machine and trans ducer are balanced you don't need all that wattage , no. 3 split falls to 30' what is really necessary , so lets see target separation difference is what 3/4 " and I'm not bragging up either unit i own a fl18 but use another brand my 18 is my back up low power from my under standing is just that uses less power when shallow , i have a low power button on my grade laser at work saves tons of juice longer battery life , but wasn't this thread about the vex ,marcum guys have threads to ,i say to each there own if your happy with your unit then that is all that matters we beat this dead horse every year , tite lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.