Author Topic: Last trip of the year  (Read 817 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last trip of the year
« on: Mar 09, 2024, 08:32 AM »
Took my nephew last week. Ice looked good. He had a blast got a few nice ones.  I had vacation this week and planned on hitting the wp hard. Sadly the rains destroyed so much ice and edges it was very difficult to find a place to get on. The lake I was at last sat was destroyed on edges. Access is so difficult as most state access points ar near flowing water. Anyways finally located a fish able lake with help of a friend here on IS. We met up and headed out for some slab crappies. Gotta say they were stacked up very thick and some of the biggest I've seen. Lost count but the fishing was a blast. Thanks to Hottuna for the guided tour.

Salmonemia

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Last trip of the year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2024, 09:01 AM »
Doesn’t get any better than that! Nice work and congrats, good way to end it.  :tipup:
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2024, 02:49 PM »
Nice pictures of those slabs, well done and it is always great to end the season with a good catch. My go-to crappie spot had 1 day of ice for the time I had off, and my team only that day, and that wad the season total. Not complaining too much because the pike fishing was terrific in the ADKS, but there is nothing better than getting into big crappies.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2024, 06:32 PM »
Always enjoy fishing with you bud. Glad I could kinda pay it back for the white perch fests you’ve put me on. Cheers
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2024, 08:56 PM »
Way to finish strong Wayne...  those are some great looking crappie.

Season over for me, switching over the gear today to be ready for open water.

Have a great off season, hopefully we get better ice next year and the fishing and the board will be much busier.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2024, 11:47 AM »
Always enjoy fishing with you bud. Glad I could kinda pay it back for the white perch fests you’ve put me on. Cheers
Anytime. Glad i made you a believer.
Salmonemia

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2024, 02:49 PM »
Wayne , Looks like a great last day, nice crappies!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2024, 06:28 PM »
Slabtastic…nice Finish
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2024, 07:58 AM »
Sounds like a great time Wayne, good finish to the season.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2024, 08:32 PM »
Nice job guys! Giant slabs always get me going. My kid just got a gold pin for a 17" crappie he caught last year. Proud dad for sure.

Just add water.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2024, 05:17 PM »
Nice job guys! Giant slabs always get me going. My kid just got a gold pin for a 17" crappie he caught last year. Proud dad for sure.

Hell yes! I love this
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.