The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sport Show  (Read 1443 times)

Offline waterbeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The harder the better
Sport Show
« on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Did anyone else go to the sport show in Rapid this weekend. Man what a joke. I used to really enjoy attending it but there was really nothing there but campers and atv's. Only talked to a handfull of fishing guide from Canada. Not many retailers either. Dakotamart had a few ice rods and vex's and that was all I saw for ice equipment.
Waterbeater out!<br />

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sport Show
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:17 PM »
I have noticed this problem to in Michigan.  The truly crappy ones are sponsored buy...Gander Mountain....etc.  I like the sport shows that are not sponsored buy a store.  I go to these shows to maybe see new equipment, or get a deal.  Most of the time I am just bored and have cabin fever.  :P  I think the art of customer service, or just plain selling sporting equipment has gone by the wayside.  If a compnay would hire a good bullshatter salesman or woman to go to these shows....they could make a killing :o.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was the worst I have been to.  Dakotamart's selection wasn't great.  I like going and comparing boats, but other than that it's just turned into too much BS for me. 

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2007, 10:42 AM »
I went on Friday...wasted the $10 for the wife and I to get in...won't be attending it again.  Thought it was absolute rubbish.  They should rename it RV and Camper show.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2007, 02:19 PM »
The one in Aberdeen isn't very good anymore either. I didn't go last year and most people that I talked to said they wished they would have saved their money. It amazed me that we pay admission to have a bunch of venders try to sell things to us. You would think they would pay us to attend. The free one in the mall doesn't have many tackle venders anymore either. I went to it last year and got interested in a Ranger Reata 1850. I called the dealer in Watertown and the owner was too arrogant to give me a ball park price for my trade in and I know there is a NADA book for used boats. I bought a new Lund 1800 Fisherman in Aberdeen instead.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2007, 07:24 AM »
So I didn't miss anything then! :P I heard the one here in Rapid was pretty good in the past years.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.