The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Ice Report  (Read 1001 times)

Offline 23mako

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Report
« on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:04 AM »
had my first day back on the ice in a few years and it is all i can think about (not a very productive week at work for me) cant wait to get back out. but with the recent temps and rain i wanted to get a thread going to share info on ice conditions this season.

I stopped by Horn pond on the way home form work yesterday and happy to report edges are solid. boat ramp has some open water but 15 feet to the right is frozen walked out a bit but didn't have my auger so not sure how much ice will put a hole in today and report back

Lets keep this thread simple

Date
Lake/Pond
inches of ice

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Ice Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Way to get out! 

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Which boat ramp?
The north or south side?

There is an inlet (of sorts) to the right of the north side ramp, and an outlet to the right of the south side ramp.

Moving water, especially after the rain we had gotten, will create some of these open water areas while the surrounding ice can still be sound.

Just a little FYI....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline 23mako

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:33 AM »
I was referring to the south side ramp off pond street

Which boat ramp?
The north or south side?

There is an inlet (of sorts) to the right of the north side ramp, and an outlet to the right of the south side ramp.

Moving water, especially after the rain we had gotten, will create some of these open water areas while the surrounding ice can still be sound.

Just a little FYI....

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2018, 02:42 PM »
had my first day back on the ice in a few years and it is all i can think about (not a very productive week at work for me) cant wait to get back out. but with the recent temps and rain i wanted to get a thread going to share info on ice conditions this season.

there is a section on each state's board titled "reports and conditions". Typically, this is where you would post ice conditions, but for some reason. people don't bother. If this were used, there would be a central location for all of the individual posts rather tan be scattered all over the place. the old ones need to be deleted

Offline bigpick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2018, 02:54 PM »
agreed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.